Australia Australia - Tiemuzhen Chalaer, 24, Lower Portland, NSW, 7 Aug 2016

Bohemian

Reaction score
Man missing after Hawkesbury bush dance party
ABC News
Updated Mon Aug 08 12:11:48 EST 2016
Posted Mon Aug 08 09:18:13 EST 2016

View attachment 99553
Photo: Tiemuzhen Chalaer's friends did not realise he was missing until they got home.
Supplied: NSW Police

'A search is underway for a man reported missing in bushland after a camping dance party in the Hawkesbury area, north-west of Sydney.

Police said they were told Tiemuzhen Chalaer, 24, did not return after walking into the bush to find a toilet spot near Wheelbarrow Ridge Road track in Lower Portland.

Chief Inspector Garry Sims said the man's friends did not realise he was missing until they returned home.'

'The man's friends notified police on Sunday night after they realised he was missing.

Inspector Suzanne Rhode-Sanders said the campsite adjoined rugged bushland, police said, and it is believed Mr Chalaer walked off sometime between 6:30am and 9:00am on Sunday.'

'Dense bushland, cliffs part of search area

Police from the Hawkesbury Local Area Command were joined by officers from Police Rescue and PolAir in a search for the man that started this morning at first light.

"We have a rescue coordinator on scene as well as police from the local area command, assisted by rural fire services, SES, public order, and also dog squad," Inspector Rhode-Sanders said.

"And PolAir have done an extensive search over the area this morning.

"Now we're just doing a grid search of the area and hopefully we'll locate him."'

'Mr Chaler was described as being of Asian appearance, having a shaved head with pale skin, dark brown eyes with a small moustache, about 170cm tall with a medium build.

He had no supplies when he wandered off and reportedly has a medical condition, police said.

At the time he went missing he was wearing a brown chequered button-up shirt, blue jeans, black Adidas sneakers, a red scarf and a black leather jacket.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ing-after-hawkesbury-bush-dance-party/7699452

Tiemuzhen Chalaer: Search for man missing from Hawkesbury bushland dance party continues
ABC News
Updated Wed Aug 10 14:53:09 EST 2016
Posted Wed Aug 10 14:23:18 EST 2016

'Police still hold out hope of finding a 24-year-old man who has been missing for three days in the Hawkesbury region, north-west Sydney.'

'Acting Inspector Jim Powers from Hawkesbury Local Area Command said they would not stop searching until he was found.

"At the moment we're treating this as a rescue operation," he said.

"We'll go for as long as it takes: it could be anywhere between five and seven days."'

'Acting Inspector Powers said police were in contact with Mr Chalaer's family and it is understood his parents, who live in China, were considering flying to Australia.

"The missing person's sister has travelled up from Victoria, and we are liaising closely with the family members," he said.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-10/search-continues-man-missing-in-hawkesbury/7711752

I can find nothing on this poor fellow today. This area is dangerously close to the river and quite thick bush. And if you believe local rumour, is inhabited by the black panther.

I can find nothing on this poor fellow today. This area is dangerously close to the river and quite thick bush. And if you believe local rumour, is inhabited by the black panther.

Yes, nothing reported since, Inspector. Great minds think alike regarding the proximity of the river. I didn't think about the alleged Black Panther sightings. That cat must be 'getting a bit long in the tooth' now ;)

Yes, nothing reported since, Inspector. Great minds think alike regarding the proximity of the river. I didn't think about the alleged Black Panther sightings. That cat must be 'getting a bit long in the tooth' now ;)

Yes depending on which version you hear. Many people in the area are terrified of it though. This is an area I am very familiar with and it is beautiful but dangerous and there are many local stories and rumours (apart from the panther). There doesn't seem to be any info on where the dance festival was that he disappeared from (or what sort of dance festival as in private or public organised) and the only place I know of here that it could be is South Sydney Juniors?? It doesn't appear there is much info at all really.

Yes depending on which version you hear. Many people in the area are terrified of it though. This is an area I am very familiar with and it is beautiful but dangerous and there are many local stories and rumours (apart from the panther). There doesn't seem to be any info on where the dance festival was that he disappeared from (or what sort of dance festival as in private or public organised) and the only place I know of here that it could be is South Sydney Juniors?? It doesn't appear there is much info at all really.

The NSW Dept of Ag wrote a report detailing their findings on the existence of the Black Panther in 2013 (.PDF):

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=htt...ggPMAI&usg=AFQjCNFNz4_jSoU5QK4jEj7orYWwpOuacw

Looks like the 'dance party was held near here:

'Police said they were told Tiemuzhen Chalaer, 24, did not return after walking into the bush to find a toilet spot near Wheelbarrow Ridge Road track in Lower Portland.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...ing-after-hawkesbury-bush-dance-party/7699452

Apparently it wasn't a legally organised event according to an NPWS spokesperson but police wouldn't confirm that:

'Mr Luscombe said it was the second time in recent weeks that an illegal dance party had been held in the area and it was in the interest of public safety that these events were registered.

"We're looking to reduce the appeal of that part of the world for these types of parties," he said.

"We're considering surveillance cameras, signage, gates, those kinds of things to make the place less attractive."

Acting Inspector Powers said he could not confirm what kind of event Mr Chalaer was attending.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-10/search-continues-man-missing-in-hawkesbury/7711752

The NSW Dept of Ag wrote a report detailing their findings on the existence of the Black Panther in 2013 (.PDF):

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=htt...ggPMAI&usg=AFQjCNFNz4_jSoU5QK4jEj7orYWwpOuacw

Looks like the 'dance party was held near here:

'Police said they were told Tiemuzhen Chalaer, 24, did not return after walking into the bush to find a toilet spot near Wheelbarrow Ridge Road track in Lower Portland.'

Apparently it wasn't a legally organised event according to an NPWS spokesperson but police wouldn't confirm that:

'Mr Luscombe said it was the second time in recent weeks that an illegal dance party had been held in the area and it was in the interest of public safety that these events were registered.

"We're looking to reduce the appeal of that part of the world for these types of parties," he said.

"We're considering surveillance cameras, signage, gates, those kinds of things to make the place less attractive."

Acting Inspector Powers said he could not confirm what kind of event Mr Chalaer was attending.'

Thanks Bo, it did seem odd that there was so little info about the party. Still no news on this fellow.

Thanks Bo, it did seem odd that there was so little info about the party. Still no news on this fellow.

It's disheartening to hear nothing more but it is pretty rugged country in that part of the world and the river would be pretty cold. I suspect if Tiemuzhen did come to grief in the river, his remains won't be found until late Spring/early Summer..

Still nothing that I can find on this poor fellow. :-(

I know this area very well. There is some very thick bush there and of course the Hawkesbury River/Colo River. I still wonder how far into the bush he could have wandered without shoes though.

Im very much interested to know about the coroners findings in his case. There was an inquest on feb 18, 2019. I think there may be details in a daily telegraph article but i dont have the subscription for that, hoping to soon, can anyone help please?

How close to the river do you believe the site is? In one article there are co-ordinates, and this spot is not that close to the river.

Thankyou for your reply. The article disappears on me as i dont have suscription however i believe it says the coroners inquest is underway, not completed ?
I removed and i read the article. The last line reads:
The three-day inquest will determine whether Mr Chalaer died from a diabetes-related illness, exposure, a fall, foul play or suicide.

I have tried looking for coroners findings but no luck. i checked caselaw.nsw.gov.au. Can anyone help please? Maybe the findings were not made public??

Last edited:
Student, 24, who took a cocktail of drugs before disappearing at a 'bush doof' could have been saved - but his friends were too scared to report him missing, inquest hears

A three-day inquest before the NSW Coroners Court is currently underway, examining the true cause behind the 24-year-old's death.

On its first day, the court heard that Tim's friends waited more than 12 hours before reporting the diabetic, who wandered off without his insulin, as missing.

upload_2021-10-12_23-39-47.jpeg

Fellow revellers watched on as the international student consumed acid, magic mushrooms, MDMA, cannabis and alcohol during the music festival.

The next morning, he got up at about 6:30am to urinate in a bush and was never seen again.

Chinese student who took cocktail of drugs before disappearing at a bush doof could have been saved | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back