What was going on in the world?

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
trixie said:
Since I have never doubted Patsy wrote the note I have always wondered why she chose the foreign faction route. It makes me wonder what was going on in the world and in particular in the news when all this happened. Were there any foreign factions or news stories about anything like that in December 1996?
"It makes me wonder what was going on in the world and in particular in the news when all this happened."

So, what was going on in the world?

I haven't the foggiest idea how to find out. I think one would have to pay some service to get in and read archives or something. Someone , I can't remember who right now, posted on the other thread some headlines about the PLO or something? I'll have to go back and look. Sure wish I knew where she got the "foreign faction" idea. That really seems out of left field to me. Something had to trigger that thought.

Glad you thought of that question.

If anyone's going to investigate PLO news of Dec. 1996, will you also look into Philippine news about that time?

Patsy wasn't married to JR when he was in the Philippines, but did she wonder about his past there quite a lot, or did they still have contacts from people he'd known there? Or was there something strange about someone he'd known there?

Why even bring up the Phillipines? There was no such thing as a "Subic Bay Training Center" which eronously has been reported.

You have a source?

I do think it's a good idea to go all the way back to the beginning, what was in the news, or going on that wasn't reported, and who came up with the Psalm, around which several coincidences were constructed?

Sure, a perp could have found a check stub, but way before that, when the amount of the bonus was decided, we need to know who decided it and why.
Probably can't be found out now. We should have thought of it earlier.

Someone said the numbers 118 appeared in more than one movie. I'm not a witness to that, will take their word for it. I guess it was a time on a clock both time, "In Cold Blood" and "Nick of Time".

What the heck was going on about this Psalm? It doesn't say HUMAN sacrifice, but maybe someone was trying to say that was implied/authorized. (Maybe it was a cult belief?)

We all know the ancient Israelites were told to sacrifice an animal, and if they couldn't afford one, a bird. Abraham was stopped from sacrificing his son. Wasn't it a voice from heaven that stopped him and pointed out a ram caught in the bushes?

Whether or not there was a Subic Bay Training Center, JR's troubles may have started when he was stationed there, married to his first wife, or shortly after his return to the states and screwing up his first marriage. Just maybe his oldest daughter's accidental death, collision with a bakery truck on an icy Chicago street, may not have been really an accident, but I'd have no way of proving that, just a thought outside the box.

Someone pretending to be religious could have been in the Philippines, and JR inadvertently attracted his attention, determined not to be rejected by JR, might have continued to stalk his family, through the divorce and all. Some speculate that "missionary" Jim Jones in Guyana was actually an agent. I think that idea was in one of the books, maybe Rush to Judgement. What if it was somebody like that? He'd have political immunity from prosecution/outing. (Not a firm opinion, I never have, just guessing.)

trixie said:
I haven't the foggiest idea how to find out. I think one would have to pay some service to get in and read archives or something. Someone , I can't remember who right now, posted on the other thread some headlines about the PLO or something? I'll have to go back and look. Sure wish I knew where she got the "foreign faction" idea. That really seems out of left field to me. Something had to trigger that thought.
You wish you knew where she got the foreign faction idea. I wish I knew which foreign faction the intruder perp was representing. Would it help both sides of the fence to have a look at foreign factions that didn't respect the US during that period?

Holdontoyourhat said:
"It makes me wonder what was going on in the world and in particular in the news when all this happened."

Well JR's parent company LM was in a huge multi-billion dollar fight with Northrop(I think) for a huge contract from the goverment for a new fighter jet design and production. LM did win the bid for this jet in early 1997. Although I can't imagine how AG and JBR could connect ot this.

Someone posted a list of happenings for the previous 3 mo., and I've taken just a few of them to share with her permission.

Oct. 23, the O.J. Simpson trial had begun.

Nov. 5, Clinton was re-elected for a second term.

Iraq was refusing to let missile engine remnants be taken out of Iraq for Analysis. The Taliban forces retook an air base near Kabul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996

I tried a search for "Business Foreign Factions", almost 200,000 "results", including terrorism. Maybe someone can think of a better search phrase.

Holdontoyourhat said:

I'm reading an awsome book at the moment called
"Cover Up: What the Government is still hiding about the war on terror" BY Peter Lance.
Amazon Link

Its an incredibly well researched book, and can be very scary when you start to see how these terrorists think and very depressing when you hear what the 9/11 victims families say.

The biggest revelation for me was the massive amount of terrorist activity during 1996 worldwide and also the large amount of court cases in USA during 1996 featuring big terrorist players, many of whom 'got off' regrouped and came back in September 2001, most importantly these cases were highly publicised, in print especially. Good read oh and only $7.99 :)

Charlie said:
I'm reading an awsome book at the moment called
"Cover Up: What the Government is still hiding about the war on terror" BY Peter Lance.
Amazon Link

Its an incredibly well researched book, and can be very scary when you start to see how these terrorists think and very depressing when you hear what the 9/11 victims families say.

The biggest revelation for me was the massive amount of terrorist activity during 1996 worldwide and also the large amount of court cases in USA during 1996 featuring big terrorist players, many of whom 'got off' regrouped and came back in September 2001, most importantly these cases were highly publicised, in print especially. Good read oh and only $7.99 :)
Here's an interesting link on 1996 terrorism, but you'll need Adobe Acrobat:

http://www.mipt.org/pdf/1996pogt.pdf

Also I think the trial of Belgium's child killer Detroux started in 1996. There seems to be several similarities to JBR's murder, including staged crimes within crimes, and the age of his victims as young as 8 years old.

Besides HoldOnToYourHat's 70-pg State Dept.report, there's also a link at the end of pg 70 to a page of pie charts showing what kinds of incidences occurred where in 1996.

http://www.state.gov/www.images/chart74.gif

There were 6 kidnappings of hostages, dark purple slice of the pie, middle of the three charts. They don't seem to give any details.

And because JR was stationed in the Philippines for a while, I printed out the 2nd page of Appendix A, mostly about the Philippines. Haven't completely read it yet. I may also copy/paste this post into my own new thread, "Garrote, Scarves,Wickipedia", about revival of ancient cult factions.

Terrorists do like to claim credit, so, might there be a grain of truth in the RN? Not saying the R's and "friends" are or are not involved. I don't know. They could have been deceived. Most anything's possible. Not Martians.

Regarding the P.L.O. here is a little quote I got from Wickipedia. Don't know if this is relevant but it sounds pretty terroristic to me so here it is anyway.....

"We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. . . . We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem." --Yasser Arafat, Chairman of the PLO (in front of an Arab audience in Stockholm in 1996)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back