Looking for Elvis? - Look to TN

Norma

Pook
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1261846

Elvis Could Get Own License Plate in Tenn.

The folks who keep the world supplied with Elvis T-shirts and coffee mugs have a new project in the works an Elvis Presley license plate.

Not a fake Elvis license plate, mind you, but a real one sanctioned by the state of Tennessee.

Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc. can move ahead with its plan when 1,000 orders for the plates are assured. The state requires that minimum number of sales to approve a so-called specialty license plate, which costs $35 more than a regular tag.

If approved, the Elvis license plates would be available only for cars registered in the state of Tennessee. Proceeds would go to the Regional Medical Center, the Memphis region's main publicly supported hospital and home of the Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center.

How neat! :D

My husband and I were married by Elvis in Las Vegas. :crazy:
(an impersonator of course)

I live in Memphis. Never been a huge Elvis fan, but these plates are nice and the proceed's will go the the Regional Medical Center. This hospital helps so many.
My only fear is if I get one, how long it will stay on my car. Maybe I'll wait until they've been out a while and the newness wears off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back