Match! PA - Philadelphia BlkMale 945UMPA, 20-35, Unicorn Tattoo, Sep'00 *Eddie Vaneiter*

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 945UMPA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/945umpa.html
NamUs UP 2690
(Warning - Postmortem Photo at Link)
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2690

4e401d53-aefa-4461-8af1-18eeceb6ff5d.jpg

Unidentified Male

The victim was discovered on September 22, 2000 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior to discovery
State of Remains: Recognizable Face​

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"; 138 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Black or Hispanic. Short black hair, curly on top and close cropped on the sides.; brown eyes. Thin mustache and goatee, black in color. 1" scar on back of left shoulder. 3/4" circular scar, below the left knee. 1" vertical scar to the left ankle. 2.5" irregular y-shaped scar on right forearm. 2" scar on left hand. 1/4" scar on left thumb. One piercing in each ear earlobe.
Tattoos: "the best" upper right arm, a heart on upper right arm, a unicorn on upper right arm, initials "PL" on upper right arm.
Clothing: Black, "Hugo Boss" underwear, worn inside out.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Complete - mtDNA & nucDNA Profile available - FBI NMPDD​
Case History
(Per DoeNetwork)
The victim was located in a vacant lot at 10th and Wyoming Streets, bound and wrapped in a blanket. A large quantity of drugs were located in the stomach and intestines.​
(Per NamUs)
The decedent is an unidentified Male, possibly black or Hispanic, in his 20's or 30's. He is discovered in a vacant lot bound and wrapped in a blanket. Autopsy revealed that a large quantity of drugs were located in the stomach and intestines. Investigation to date has produced no viable leads.​

This newly added MP is definitely a match.

Eddie Vaneiter
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34664/0

4e401d53-aefa-4461-8af1-18eeceb6ff5d.jpg
b913c394-54bd-47fb-88fa-b02cd5c65fbd.jpg

* The Date LKA (21-Sep-2000) is only one day before the date of discovery (22-Sep-2000)
* Eddie was heading for the NYC area when LKA. The UP was found in Philadelphia.
* His age (26) is consistent to the UP's 20-35 age estimate.
* His estimated height (67" to 69") matches the UP's height (69")
* The fine details of their facial features are very consistent, as is their overall look.
* Both the UP and MP have pierced ears.
* His race (Black/Hispanic from Curaçao) matches to the UP's description ("Possibly Black or Hispanic").

Strange. It appears that Eddie Vaneiter is the name of the Miami Detective in charge of this missing person case (as indicated in the "Investigating Agency" section of the NamUs MP casefile), not of the missing person.

That sounds like the record was entered by someone who hadn't had their coffee yet that morning. "Van Eiter" sounds like a fairly likely name for someone from a Dutch territory (Googling for "Van Eiter" quickly produced the Facebook profile of someone with the initial 'A' who lives in Curacao, so I'm guessing someone misentered the detective field.)

I think information is corrected now - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34664/0

Investigating Agency

Detective
Last name
Gowdie
Phone
305-418-7200

Case number
596754-X

Carl, that is brilliant news and great eye, hopefully authorities will confirm match soon and Eddie can finally go home.

Unfortunately there are quite a few Jane and John Ds in New York and other databases around the world from 90ties and 00ies who had similar fate of burst "goods" in their stomach. Due to Aruba, Suriname and Curacao being Dutch colonies, their drugs swamped Holland too and from there rest of Europe with "goods in belly" smuggling on rapid increase around those years. I remember Holland made some kind of special laws and even prison cells just for them at the time as there were catching so many drug mules at the airport on daily basis.

That's him without a doubt. The ears match, and you can see the teeth on the PM match the MP photo. Good eye!

that looks just like him, and it makes sense that he was body packing if he came from another country. usually though, dont the traffickers cut them out? sad for him. did anyone call him in?

that looks just like him, and it makes sense that he was body packing if he came from another country. usually though, dont the traffickers cut them out? sad for him. did anyone call him in?

None of the East Coast Jane and John Ds drug mules I came across in NamUs were cut. There were victims of international drug trafficking operations (hence big cities as Miami or New York), completely different ball game IMO to small deals of desperate street dealers.

So far I did not come across any case on West coast, but they probably had some routes over there too even despite areas being flooded by drugs from south.

big time dealers cut the drugs out too. im thinking the ones found still packing died alone and were not found by the traffickers. usually, the body packers are picked up at airport and taken to a motel and they wait for the packets to pass. so they are in the company of the traffickers. but if for some reason they were to meet the traffickers somewhere, and a packet burst inside and they died alone, the trafficker wouldn't know where they were to retrieve their product.

None of the East Coast Jane and John Ds drug mules I came across in NamUs were cut. There were victims of international drug trafficking operations (hence big cities as Miami or New York), completely different ball game IMO to small deals of desperate street dealers.

So far I did not come across any case on West coast, but they probably had some routes over there too even despite areas being flooded by drugs from south.

Idk why he wasn't cut, either. He was bound, so clearly somebody wanted those drugs. Maybe a bad TSA agent or another passenger noticed him acting weird on the plane or in the airport and took him, but then chickened out on cutting them out because he wasn't sure if he had them until he ODed? Idk, this is so weird.

PM matches perfectly though, time to get an update, Carl!! *bump*

Permission Error for both John Doe and Eddie... Does it mean he was identified?

This is obviously Eddie Vaneiter, so I will rename the thread accordingly.

Based on Amy Dobbs' response to my email last year, I am pretty sure she had not received any submissions on this one prior to mine. So for the time being, I will mark it Match

I sent an email to Amy, and if she says that they were on to this prior to my tip, then I'll change the flag to Identified

This is obviously Eddie Vaneiter, so I will rename the thread accordingly.

Based on Amy Dobbs' response to my email last year, I am pretty sure she had not received any submissions on this one prior to mine. So for the time being, I will mark it Match

I sent an email to Amy, and if she says that they were on to this prior to my tip, then I'll change the flag to Identified

Amy replied that the NamUs people can't comment on cases that are not viewable. So until someone tells me otherwise, it is what it is - a WS Match

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back