GA - Dorothy Dow, 83, beaten, burned alive, 4 Aug 2016 *Arrests*

scmom

Reaction score
Wednesday, deputies announced the arrests of two 17-year-old girls, identified as Mina Ellery and Angel Harmon. The other three suspects, Justin Grady, 38, Cortavious Heard, 18, and Shanquavious Cameron, 17, were arrested on Monday. They are all facing a number of charges, including attempted murder, armed robbery, attempted arson and burglary.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/185864344-story

Police said Dow, 83, was beaten and burned by five suspects on August 10 at her home. Dow's overall health hasn't improved and will remain on a ventilator throughout the weekend.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/32740860/dorothy-dow-elderly-meriwether-county-burn-victim-status

Thank you scmom. This was the case I had mentioned earlier in another thread that you and I were posting on. I am appreciative you made a thread for Mrs. Dow. I am a little puzzled that this thread hasn't gotten much attention by our WS posters since it is such a sad tragic case of where goodness crossed paths with pure evil.

Mrs. Dow's case is our worst nightmares. I think from time to time we all think about what would happen to us if someone invaded our home. This shows the results could be disastrous for the homeowner and anyone else inside.

As I have commented previously home invasions are on the rise and the ending for the innocent victims inside is becoming more and more dangerous. The victims are being beaten, robbed, tortured, raped. set on fire themselves and/or their home, and/or murdered. Many home invaders now have become overkilling monsters to people they have never known.

It is absolutely heartbreaking that Mrs. Dow lived a moral good life for 83 years and then this happens to her at the end of her life. All she ever did to these monsters was pay them to pick the berries on her farm and this is how they repaid her kindness when she gave them work.

What is the most frightening in recent home invasions is how the suspects sadistically brutalized the totally innocent people inside. The SS Washington DC family is another perfect example of that depravity and we are seeing more and more cases that are the same.

Mrs. Dow was totally defenseless against all of these brutes yet they chose to torture her and beat her unmercifully. Why? Imo, because they could and wanted to knowing she couldn't stop them. Its a much a part of the plan as the robbery motivation. It shows what hate filled dead decayed souls can do. They easily could have taken her purse and left the scene. It is like the brutalizing of the victims they hem up is as important to them as taking what didn't belong to them.

And after breaking many bones that was not enough. They then poured gasoline on her and set her afire. How in the hell does one become so inhumane like they came up from the pits of hell?

This happened in my state and I am so glad the Sheriff caught the three brutes quickly. I had already read they believed more was involved including females so I am equally pleased to see they have now been caught as well. So five ganged up on one tiny elderly woman.:(

However; I am afraid that Mrs. Dow is not going to make it or if she does she will have to be on life support. I cant begin to imagine the horrors she went through having these five monsters invade her home terrorizing and brutalizing her. She is a strong woman to even be able to have the wherewithal about her to pour water on her head when it was on fire and call 911.

It confirms to me that wicked depraved evil is cropping up in the most unlikely places now more than ever before. Mrs. Dow lived in a very safe area but it shows no matter where we live this could also happen to any one of us.

That is why I am glad that my husband, and I, not only have an alarm system, but we both are legal gun owners who both have firearms for self defense.

I pray for Mrs. Dow and all of her beloved family. She is well loved in her community and is known as a very kind gentle lady. I know all of the community will come together to support her family and Mrs. Dow.

IMO

The attack on Mrs. Moss strikes a chord with me because many years ago my great-grandmother was robbed in her home. I have nothing but contempt for people who victimize and brutalize the elderly. Those people are on exactly the same rung of scumdom as those who prey on children.

Maybe I need to read more about it, but why is a 38 year old also involved ? The rest are under 20. All horrible people.

What kind of humans do this? Attack and 83 year old woman, break her arms and fingers and then COME BACK and set her on fire! What would they gain? A few dollars? Honestly, I will NEVER understand this kind of violence. Add to that the fact that there could be a group of like minded criminals that thought this was a acceptable thing to do. SMDH

Prayers for Mrs Dow. At 83 I'm not sure how well she will recover. I think these criminals should be charged with torture (lighting her on fire) as well.

MERIWETHER COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -
Family members say Dorothy Dow underwent a successful surgery for her burns, but doctors are struggling to keep her blood pressure at a normal level.

Police said Dow, 83, was beaten and burned by five suspects on August 10 at her home. Dow's overall health hasn't improved and will remain on a ventilator throughout the weekend.

Pictures of all 5 perps at link
Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/32740860...ether-county-burn-victim-status#ixzz4HAjz3pRR

Thank you scmom. This was the case I had mentioned earlier in another thread that you and I were posting on. I am appreciative you made a thread for Mrs. Dow. I am a little puzzled that this thread hasn't gotten much attention by our WS posters since it is such a sad tragic case of where goodness crossed paths with pure evil.

Mrs. Dow's case is our worst nightmares. I think from time to time we all think about what would happen to us if someone invaded our home. This shows the results could be disastrous for the homeowner and anyone else inside.

As I have commented previously home invasions are on the rise and the ending for the innocent victims inside is becoming more and more dangerous. The victims are being beaten, robbed, tortured, raped. set on fire themselves and/or their home, and/or murdered. Many home invaders now have become overkilling monsters to people they have never known.

It is absolutely heartbreaking that Mrs. Dow lived a moral good life for 83 years and then this happens to her at the end of her life. All she ever did to these monsters was pay them to pick the berries on her farm and this is how they repaid her kindness when she gave them work.

What is the most frightening in recent home invasions is how the suspects sadistically brutalized the totally innocent people inside. The SS Washington DC family is another perfect example of that depravity and we are seeing more and more cases that are the same.

Mrs. Dow was totally defenseless against all of these brutes yet they chose to torture her and beat her unmercifully. Why? Imo, because they could and wanted to knowing she couldn't stop them. Its a much a part of the plan as the robbery motivation. It shows what hate filled dead decayed souls can do. They easily could have taken her purse and left the scene. It is like the brutalizing of the victims they hem up is as important to them as taking what didn't belong to them.

And after breaking many bones that was not enough. They then poured gasoline on her and set her afire. How in the hell does one become so inhumane like they came up from the pits of hell?

This happened in my state and I am so glad the Sheriff caught the three brutes quickly. I had already read they believed more was involved including females so I am equally pleased to see they have now been caught as well. So five ganged up on one tiny elderly woman.:(

However; I am afraid that Mrs. Dow is not going to make it or if she does she will have to be on life support. I cant begin to imagine the horrors she went through having these five monsters invade her home terrorizing and brutalizing her. She is a strong woman to even be able to have the wherewithal about her to pour water on her head when it was on fire and call 911.

It confirms to me that wicked depraved evil is cropping up in the most unlikely places now more than ever before. Mrs. Dow lived in a very safe area but it shows no matter where we live this could also happen to any one of us.

That is why I am glad that my husband, and I, not only have an alarm system, but we both are legal gun owners who both have firearms for self defense.

I pray for Mrs. Dow and all of her beloved family. She is well loved in her community and is known as a very kind gentle lady. I know all of the community will come together to support her family and Mrs. Dow.

IMO

OMG I'm crying!!! ��������

WTH is wrong with teenagers/up to 25 years of age??? I am so mad ����

Honestly, when horrific crimes like these are committed, I say "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth"!!!!! They deserve the same thing done to each and everyone of the !!!

jmo ��

Police previously said they were investigating the possibility that one of the suspects had been hired to pick blueberries on Dot's property, which was very troubling to the family after having a steak dinner with the pickers a couple of night's before.

From scmom's link the 's had dinner with her a couple of nights ago. 😡😡

BURN ALL OF THEM!!!

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/185864344-story

jmo. 🐮

I am only just now seeing this, I am from Georgia too. This is why we don't live in Georgia anymore. I grew up in Albany, and I spent most of my adult life in Atlanta. It's a violent place and there is so much hate. I had an elderly aunt and uncle who were the victims of a home invasion and they were both raped and murdered. This was in the 1980's. It's horrible. That poor woman.

Has anyone found an update on how Dorothy is doing?

Update - Mrs. Dow passed away yesterday afternoon. May she rest in peace, and the animals who attacked an 83 year old asleep in her own bed rot in h@ll!!!

I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to link to the article on WSB site...sorry.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/32856035/elderly-meriwether-co-woman-beaten-burned-in-home-invasion-dies

ATLANTA (WTVM) - The elderly Meriwether County woman who was brutally beaten and burned during a home invasion in early August has died.

Dorothy Dow, 83, of Grantville, GA, passed away at 4:04 p.m. on Saturday as a result of the injuries sustained in the attack, according to Meriwether County Coroner Johnny Worley. She had been hospitalized since she was beaten and set on fire on Aug. 4.

These perps are not animals, they are depraved and twisted monsters. This is the first I've read of this case. There are some sick, sick monsters living among us. RIP dear and sweet Mrs Dow. My love and deepest sympathy to your loved ones. Good grief, what is happening in this world? :rose::rose::rose:

Do they have the death penalty down there? This crime sure calls for it IMHO

Yes Georgia has the death penalty. Unfortunately even if these cretins get it we taxpayers will feed and house them for 15-20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back