MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference. LE is seeking public assistance/tips. They do think it's a homicide but do not know if it was random.

[video=youtube;2D3fmpBEAfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3fmpBEAfU&ab_channel=MassLive[/video]

I was wondering that too regarding a car, but LE is insisting on there being a car. Perhaps they found tire tracks or something. I think there had to be something though, carrying a canister of gas and a person's clothes on oneself is going to be weird under any circumstance.

Was passing by this path part of her normal running routine? Are there a lot of runners on this road on the weekend?

Yes this path is off her normal route. It is very easy to miss if you are driving but would be more noticeable if you are walking or jogging the road. I wouldn't say a lot of runners but a handful I am sure.

I believe the land is private (may be wrong), and if it is owned by who I think owns it, I guarantee they are not involved. They are a great family who has been in town since I was born there 36 years ago. They are standup citizens and I am sure they are as upset about this as anyone.
Would this family have had a caretaker or groundskeeper who might now have family in the area?

One thing I have been wondering about is the possibility of a 'copycat' killing. Either that or New England has a large drug problem-not necessarily Princeton-not saying that-but wondering if somehow that factors into this equation. I don't think VM had anything to do with drugs, but the brutality and senselessness of her murder is off the scale. Her killer just might. Thoughts?

To be honest with you, I lived there for 25 years and never gave it a second look. Rumor in town is that she was not killed where she was found. I don't know if that means she was killed somewhere completely different, or if she was killed in proximity to where she was found. Again, small town, lots of rumors so don't know if there is any validity to it. I do know that if I was trying to dump something I didn't want to be found, I can think of 1000 other places in town to do so. There are a LOT of back roads that are not paved and seldom get any vehicle traffic.

Thank you for all your input to this thread. That's a very, very interesting rumor. I figured with the short window provided for the murder, it had to have happened there. I thought who ever did this did it this way to minimize how much DNA evidence there would be. If you transport her/fight her in a car, that's going to leave a whole lot of evidence. It's still a mystery how this guy captured her in the first place. She seems very athletically inclined and was so close to home.

I really hope this is solved soon, but I feel like it won't be.

Bringing over from the previous thread (I don't know how to quote from another thread directly), Theforeinger posted: Could you please provide a link to info where "LE is insisting on there being a car." ?

I don't think LE is insisting there is a car, but they are asking specifically for tips about a vehicle, bbm:

"'We continue to ask people to search their memories about any males on whom they may have noticed potential injuries such as scratches, bruises, cuts, gouge marks or the like during the past week, as well as any vehicles -- moving or parked -- on Brooks Station Road between 1-3 pm Sunday,' Massachusetts State Police said in a release."

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/08/with_more_than_590_tips_invest.html

That's exactly it. To me that indicates strong suspicion a vehicle was involved in some way at least. Perhaps one of these tips is why they are asking, or perhaps it's just 'logic' that in this kind of setting a vehicle was almost assuredly involved. After looking at this map I wonder if this guy escaped via the creek. Seeing as a car probably couldn't drive onto this path to stay out of sight, it either had to have been somewhere else or not involved.

"We continue to ask people to search their memories about any males on whom they may have noticed potential injuries such as scratches, bruises, cuts, gouge marks or the like during the past week, as well as any vehicles -- moving or parked -- on Brooks Station Road between 1-3 pm Sunday,"
http://www.masslive.com/news/worces...th_more_than_590_tips_invest.html#incart_2box

Seems that people were wondering how they know it was a male attacker, but I do know that it doesn't take very long to establish gender from DNA under the nails and that she definitely scratched and scraped this guy. But the gouging intrigues me. One technique is to gouge an attackers eyes . Another is to use your keys in your fist to stab and gouge someone. I wonder if they found her keys nearby.

We don't know the extent of her burns, only that there were "burns" to her hands, feet and head. Unless I ,missed something the stories so far tell me that her hands were not burned so extensively as to destroy DNA.

MOO

"We continue to ask people to search their memories about any males on whom they may have noticed potential injuries such as scratches, bruises, cuts, gouge marks or the like during the past week, as well as any vehicles -- moving or parked -- on Brooks Station Road between 1-3 pm Sunday,"
http://www.masslive.com/news/worces...th_more_than_590_tips_invest.html#incart_2box

Seems that people were wondering how they know it was a male attacker, but I do know that it doesn't take very long to establish gender from DNA under the nails and that she definitely scratched and scraped this guy. But the gouging intrigues me. One technique is to gouge an attackers eyes . Another is to use your keys in your fist to stab and gouge someone. I wonder if they found her keys nearby.

We don't know the extent of her burns, only that there were "burns" to her hands, feet and head. Unless I ,missed something the stories so far tell me that her hands were not burned so extensively as to destroy DNA.

MOO

I don't think she would've had keys with her because she took the bus from NYC to visit, she very well could've had keys for the house but I would think not.

Here is a link to the Town of Princeton Assessors maps:
http://www.cmrpc.org/GIS/princeton/P...sessorMaps.htm
The map that contains the area where Vanessa's body was found is map 12:
http://www.cmrpc.org/GIS/princeton/P...36x23_5_12.pdf
(Please do not sleuth or repost names of property owners).
You will see Connor Lane ending left of center and continuing south by two dotted lines that represent the old road and this is visible in fall/winter satellite images as two straight parallel lines (remnants of the old dry stone walls that bordered the road).

I made a case map last night but didn't post it as I was hoping the case had come to a speedy arrest. There's not much on it, but I'm happy to add the cell tower and jogging routes if known:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nI...u0&usp=sharing

Thank you to the original poster Eucalyptus for compiling this. I wasn't sure how to (quote) bring this over from the last thread.

jmo

That's exactly it. To me that indicates strong suspicion a vehicle was involved in some way at least. Perhaps one of these tips is why they are asking, or perhaps it's just 'logic' that in this kind of setting a vehicle was almost assuredly involved. After looking at this map I wonder if this guy escaped via the creek. Seeing as a car probably couldn't drive onto this path to stay out of sight, it either had to have been somewhere else or not involved.

The cart path was apparently "wide enough for a car".

I don't think she would've had keys with her because she took the bus from NYC to visit, she very well could've had keys for the house but I would think not.

Interesting. Why do you think she would not have had any keys, house keys or otherwise.?

And it was very very rare for anyone to lock their houses in Princeton.

And it was very very rare for anyone to lock their houses in Princeton.

And she was out on a run while visiting her mom. I'm assuming her mom (and perhaps aunt) were at home that Sunday afternoon, so there would be no need for Vanessa to carry keys. We know she didn't drive to visit her mom, but took the bus from NYC, so I'm doubting she would carry car keys.

She used her hands, imo, to hurt the perp, and thus....DNA.

Also, LE has not said one way or the other if there was a sexual assault. It's possible there was DNA elsewhere on her body besides hands. We don't know.

jmopinion.

It's been a week today.

Three women joggers have been killed in 9 days. This article gives a little info on the third who was a <quoting> 31-year-old nurse Alexandra "Ally" Brueger was shot and killed in Michigan, on July 30 <end quote> which was 3 days before KV in NY.

1)Women jogging alone have become easy targets
2)Police don't believe the cases are connected

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/goo...ed-after-jog-princeton-ma-karina-vetrano.html

And she was out on a run while visiting her mom. I'm assuming her mom (and perhaps aunt) were at home that Sunday afternoon, so there would be no need for Vanessa to carry keys. We know she didn't drive to visit her mom, but took the bus from NYC, so I'm doubting she would carry car keys.

She used her hands, imo, to hurt the perp, and thus....DNA.

Also, LE has not said one way or the other if there was a sexual assault. It's possible there was DNA elsewhere on her body besides hands. We don't know.

jmopinion.

It's been a week today.

All the women I know who run use their keys for self defense. Vanessa lived in NY. Women who run there know about safety and self defense.

I don't know why it is so easily discounted that she may have had keys when the article says the attacker may have gouge marks. It's fine. I just wondered how "gouge marks" was arrived at by LE.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members