WA WA - Robin Williams, 24, Port Angeles, 1 Aug 1986

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Robin Williams, 24, of Port Angeles, was last seen in August 1986 leaving a Port Angeles bar and walking across Lincoln Park. She went to the bar with two male friends and left alone at 3 p.m. She was reported missing a few days later by a friend who had been babysitting Robin's children. Thirty years later, her estranged husband took a polygraph test and the results concluded that he most likely was not involved. Investigators do not have any leads on what could have happened to her.

Woman’s disappearance from Port Angeles 30 years ago remains a mystery

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/womans-disappearance-from-port-angeles-30-years-ago-remains-a-mystery/

Robin Williams, the 24-year-old mother of a girl, 3, and boy, 1, was last seen at about 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, 1986, while strolling alone across a Lincoln Park ballfield.

Her vehicle was found at a gas station.

Williams had gone out drinking with two male friends at about noon the same day she went missing, Munger said.

They parted ways at 3 p.m.

A polygraph test administered this summer confirmed that Robin Renee Williams’ estranged husband, John Kimberly Williams, 62, had nothing to do with her disappearance in Port Angeles 30 years ago this summer, Munger said.

Williams was in jail when she went missing but could have arranged her vanishing, he said.

Williams, Munger said, “was pretty convincing on the polygraph, from what I understand.”

Williams said Saturday he was not surprised by the results.

“I knew I didn’t have any involvement,” he said.

“Quite to the contrary, I miss her to this day.”

Munger said Robin Williams had arrived in Port Angeles without her husband from Moses Lake within the six months before her disappearance.

She had no criminal record, did not have a boyfriend and was on public assistance, Munger said.

“She wasn’t well-established here,” Munger said. “She was kind of a drifter.

“The gal reporting this did not appear to know her that well.

“Maybe she did turn up somewhere, and someone knows someone, and we haven’t found that someone,” Munger said.

“We haven’t really learned anything new in 30 years.”

web1_160701_PDN_williams_robin_WEB.jpg

From the comments thread of the above-linked article:

"Elizabeth Stallings
14 days ago
Lets see she went out drinking with two men three hours before she was last seen. hummm why nothing about those men but veiled accusations about someone who was in jail when she was last seen?

John Williams 532
13 days ago
Thank you so much! Finally, a voice of reason. One of two guys has been the primary suspect in my heart since day one. The first detective in the case felt the same way but as he put it, no body, no crime, so we can’t even question him. My wife had decided to come home to me and this “friend” that she was last seen with did not want her to go anywhere. They were arguing in the bar about it and he convinced her to go out and get in his car, which is why she left our car, and he is the one who told the police she got mad, got out of his car, and walked through the park and out into nothingness. I can’t believe this story. Sounds like I need to write the real story. Thank you to this person for making some sense. I’m late, gota go. I’ll be back to write and put things right."

The latter comment is from the husband who was tracked down in Alaska and passed the polygraph.

Charley Project

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: August 1, 1986 from Port Angeles, Washington
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: October 22, 1961
• Height and Weight: 5'4, 110 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A sleeveless white shirt and baggy gray pants.

Details of Disappearance
Williams was last seen in Port Angeles, Washington at approximately 4:00 p.m. on August 1, 1986. She was walking alone across the ballfield at Lincoln Park. She has never been heard from again. Williams's vehicle was left at a gas station when she vanished. She left her two toddlers with a friend; the friend reported her missing five days later.

At the time of Williams's disappearance, her estranged husband was in the Great County Jail on a misdemeanor charge. Police didn't ask him to take a polygraph about the case at the time. Williams's husband later moved to Alaska. He took a polygraph there about his wife's disappearance in 2016, and passed.

Investigators are uncertain as to Williams's fate. Her case remains unsolved.

From the comments thread of the above-linked article:

"Elizabeth Stallings
14 days ago
Lets see she went out drinking with two men three hours before she was last seen. hummm why nothing about those men but veiled accusations about someone who was in jail when she was last seen?

John Williams 532
13 days ago
Thank you so much! Finally, a voice of reason. One of two guys has been the primary suspect in my heart since day one. The first detective in the case felt the same way but as he put it, no body, no crime, so we can’t even question him. My wife had decided to come home to me and this “friend” that she was last seen with did not want her to go anywhere. They were arguing in the bar about it and he convinced her to go out and get in his car, which is why she left our car, and he is the one who told the police she got mad, got out of his car, and walked through the park and out into nothingness. I can’t believe this story. Sounds like I need to write the real story. Thank you to this person for making some sense. I’m late, gota go. I’ll be back to write and put things right."

The latter comment is from the husband who was tracked down in Alaska and passed the polygraph.

Robin Renee Williams – The Charley Project

robin_renee_williams_1.jpg
williams_robin2.jpg

Williams, circa 1986

Bumping for Robin as we approach the 35th anniversary of her disappearance...

A sad case; it does sound like someone victimized her and got away with it.
It must have been so traumatic for her children, too.

She looks so much like the Jane Doe found in the cave in Las Vegas in 1986... found only 6 weeks after she went missing. They have the same two front semi-crooked teeth too, same height, same weight, same age range, both bore children...

Robin Renee William – Missing Port Angeles, Washington 98362, Clallam County
Missing Person Case (namus.gov) #MP77894

Renditions of Jane Doe Cave 1896
362UFNV (doenetwork.org)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads