OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Desperate search for Ohio Woman Sierah Joughin Who Vanished While on Bike Ride

Sierah Joughin was out riding with her boyfriend Tuesday before the pair parted ways around 6:45 p.m. near Evergreen High School in Metamora, Ohio. The University of Toledo junior was reported missing by her family later that night when she didn't return home. Her purple bicycle was discovered several rows into a cornfield not far from where she was last seen, Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller said Thursday. He added that there were signs of struggle.

Ex-con charged in murder of Ohio college student

A sheriff's investigator filed a criminal complaint Tuesday accusing an ex-convict of aggravated murder after a University of Toledo student's body was found following her disappearance last week.James Worley, is charged in the death of 20-year-old Sierah Joughin. She was last seen July 19 riding her bike along a country road with her boyfriend, reports CBS affiliate WTOL. The two parted ways after their ride, but Joughin never made it home.Worley was initially arrested Friday on an abduction charge in the disappearance.[...]The sheriff later confirmed that the remains found in a cornfield Friday were that of Sierah Joughin

.Murder, abduction suspect to remain in jail without bond

WAUSEON — A Fulton County judge today ordered that a murder and abduction suspect should remain in jail without bond.

Case Map [compliments of steelman]

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Known and potential victims of accused killer James Dean Worley Thread

Search and Seizure Warrant

I'm going to bring over a quote from Thread 6 Regarding "Protective Custody."
I think the protective custody was more there was no capable persons on the property. An arrest of the primary caregiver could mean who would feed or care to the needs of the people with limited mobility or mental capacity.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

That's what I thought as well. Upon refecting on the actual definition of "protective custody" . . . Now I'm wondering if mother and brother are willing to testify for the prosecution? That would be "odd" I think, but if the family fears for their safety. . . sounds plausible.

Protective Custody: An arrangement whereby a person is safeguarded by law enforcement authorities in a location other than the person's home because his or her safety is seriously threatened.
When a witness to a crime is intimidated not to testify because the alleged perpetrator or her associates have threatened physical violence against the witness or the witness's family, law enforcement authorities have the ability to offer the witness protective custody. Protective custody may last only until the end of a trial or it may last for several years. State and federal governments operate witness protection programs that provide assistance to those who wish to cooperate but who are afraid of physical retaliation.
My reference is: The Free dictionary.

It seems unlikely because if they were ever going to take action re: JDW, they would have done so before now. I think his family seem tight-lipped. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they were too scared or unable to say anything before now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems unlikely because if they were ever going to take action re: JDW, they would have done so before now. I think his family seem tight-lipped. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I respect your thoughts that the family would not testify. I'll also throw out there that sometimes family members live in fear for their own safety . . . and sometimes family members are in DENIAL. For example, I knows things aren't right, I've seen a lot, I think there's a problem, but. . . I'll pray over it. . . or I'm going to believe that he will get better tomorrow . . . or I just won't think about it. #Denial

Prosecutor seeks death penalty against man charged in Sierah Joughin's murder
Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 10:25 am EDT
Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 8:54 pm EDT <News Video - Emily Nelson reporting>

http://www.wtol.com/story/32769879/...unts-in-murder-of-sierah-joughin?sf33557009=1

<snipped - read more>

Prosecutors will now seek the death penalty against Worley.

The Fulton County prosecutor and sheriff declined an interview with WTOL's Emily Nelson, however she spoke with a neighbor who lives across the street from Worley with his wife and small children.

"Knowing how God protected us and knowing now what he did looking back we're a little bit in aw of thinking wow that was really close to home," said Ben Michalek.

Michalek says he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in his conversations with Worley. He says he prays for Worley and Sierah's family, but justice should be served.

Worley will be back in court Friday at 10:30 am. He remains behind bars at the Corrections Center of Northwest.

Maybe to avoid DP he will tell if he's involved in any other murders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My very first post. JUSTICE for BEAUTIFUL Sierah! I pray for and think of Sierah's Mother every single day and many times through the day at that. Josh! My heart is shattered for Sierah's loved ones. I never met this glowing, beautiful young lady, nor have I ever met Sierah's family...but what a forever impact this evil tragedy...Sierah's COURAGE, FIGHT!, STRENGTH and BEAUTY have made! To hear and know that Sierah is in Heaven, that her family loves the Lord...PRICELESS! I was born and raised 5 miles from where this evil monster lived! Also grew up cruising and "parking" late at night, every single back country road in these forums! Lori Ann Hill...I have forever, since the day she went missing...been haunted and scarred by such pure EVIL! - I have two questions here. Has anyone questioned or know what "F. E. S." stands for?! and HOW or where do I find what people who knew of this EVIL BA**ARD through the years have to say of their encounters w him?

My very first post. JUSTICE for BEAUTIFUL Sierah! I pray for and think of Sierah's Mother every single day and many times through the day at that. Josh! My heart is shattered for Sierah's loved ones. I never met this glowing, beautiful young lady, nor have I ever met Sierah's family...but what a forever impact this evil tragedy...Sierah's COURAGE, FIGHT!, STRENGTH and BEAUTY have made! To hear and know that Sierah is in Heaven, that her family loves the Lord...PRICELESS! I was born and raised 5 miles from where this evil monster lived! Also grew up cruising and "parking" late at night, every single back country road in these forums! Lori Ann Hill...I have forever, since the day she went missing...been haunted and scarred by such pure EVIL! - I have two questions here. Has anyone questioned or know what "F. E. S." stands for?! and HOW or where do I find what people who knew of this EVIL BA**ARD through the years have to say of their encounters w him?

FES are his mother's initials, I assume that's why he called it that ?

Have been quite curious what "F. E. S." stands for to HIM. I believe it may have a hidden meaning to MONSTER. jmo Why would someone like this name HIS business after his mother? I do not believe so. jmo

Based on what little I've read about JW and on the letter he wrote to the judge from his previous kidnapping case, he doesn't think the rules apply to him.

As sick and twisted as this sounds, I think it gave JW some sort of sick satisfaction to be able to see & touch the souvenirs, pictures, videos, the room in his barn and who knows what else. All of this was part of his daily life and it was his "normal". I suspect he's having a hard time not having his needs met behind bars. IMHO in order to satisfy his needs he'll resort to the only option he has.......he'll start talking and once he starts I don't think he'll be able to stop.

Did any of you other locals happen to catch the brief interview with his attorney mr. Powers on Channel 13 News at 6 last night Or can someone find a link for That interview, if its put on a website article? it's kind of an interesting choice of words he used although brief, what I got out of that was he was waiting to see the actual evidence they have against him. he used the words " I need to see what they've DISCOVERED" . Am I reading too much into that or does that mean maybe JDW is talking to his attorney and that he knows about others or something?

Did any of you other locals happen to catch the brief interview with his attorney mr. Powers on Channel 13 News at 6 last night Or can someone find a link for That interview, if its put on a website article? it's kind of an interesting choice of words he used although brief, what I got out of that was he was waiting to see the actual evidence they have against him. he used the words " I need to see what they've DISCOVERED" . Am I reading too much into that or does that mean maybe JDW is talking to his attorney and that he knows about others or something?

Powers appears twice in the video accompanying this article. I think this is what you are looking for. (Video says "Mom Knows", but there is nothing in it with this woman in the video)
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/W...o-Sierah-Joughin-dissapearance-390308731.html

ETA: lawyers comments in video:

1st segment:
He hasn't seen the documents yet, does not know what it contains. Will be looking particularly at the allegations that might be added to any of the charges.

2nd segment:
He will specifically be looking at the allegations as part of the charges, but more important than just the charges will be what the Discovery shows (that will occur sometime after that) and will give more of the facts that are going on with these cases.

Powers appears twice in the video accompanying this article. I think this is what you are looking for. (Video says "Mom Knows", but there is nothing in it with this woman in the video)
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/W...o-Sierah-Joughin-dissapearance-390308731.html

ETA: lawyers comments in video:

1st segment:
He hasn't seen the documents yet, does not know what it contains. Will be looking particularly at the allegations that might be added to any of the charges.

2nd segment:
He will specifically be looking at the allegations as part of the charges, but more important than just the charges will be what the Discovery shows (that will occur sometime after that) and will give more of the facts that are going on with these cases.

Wth "Mom knows " ?? I wonder why it says that .
And thanks for the interview I was looking for.

I am wondering if "mom knows" is just a teaser for the news. MAYBE the lady interviewed is a care taker for FES and they told FES that JDW is up for death penalty for the murder of a young beautiful Sierah. Maybe she has no other info, after all she's very old ..................the news is my pet peeve sometimes with these teasers. JMOO

FES could be named after his mother for several normal reasons. He could have given her shares and had a woman owned business for several reasons that are beneficial for a small business. Her initials would add value when pushing it as a woman owned business. It also could be her capital that started it. We know she bought the equipment for his landscaping endeavor. I personally don't see anything unusual about the initials being the company name.

I find it alittle odd that we know nothing about his early life. Usually you hear from people that knew the mother or father, brother, family. Like they were a tight knit and loving family or that it was he opposite..............no one seems to be saying anything

I find it alittle odd that we know nothing about his early life. Usually you hear from people that knew the mother or father, brother, family. Like they were a tight knit and loving family or that it was he opposite..............no one seems to be saying anything
It seems that locally people do talk, but then say if you leave a comment on FB, it gets deleted. There was someone on here in one of the early threads that mentioned he had dated the sister of a boyfriend. I have heard people speak of interactions with the family but can't really share the conversations since the only thing they said regarding him was that he was odd, spent a lot of time puttering around the yard, by the pond and in his barns. The neighbor of his I know that lived about a mile away from him. I think being small town they don't want attention. I also think that people are concerned he may get out and don't want problems. We aren't allowed to sleuth the families but I had heard only positive interactions when the person he cared for was active. It's my understanding not much activity in the past few years, and unfortunately it happens to us all.

I'm not sure if I was in a similiar situation I would want to speak to the media. I also wonder if they have been asked by le to not say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member