NC - Garlette Howard & 3 young daughters murdered, Greenville, 16 August 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Greenville Police Chief Mark Holtzman said at a news conference Wednesday that 39-year-old Dibon Jab Toone has been charged with killing 32-year-old Garlette Rosette Howard, and he will be charged with the children's deaths as well.

Holtzman said Howard and the three girls, ages 6, 7 and 11, were found dead Tuesday night. He didn't say how the victims were killed, but detectives are looking into the possibility the victims might have been killed several days before their bodies were discovered.
http://www.wral.com/man-charged-in-quadruple-slaying-at-greenville-townhome/15936535/

A North Carolina man killed his two young daughters, their sister and their mother before fleeing to Virginia -- just weeks after he was forced to get psychiatric help because of a suicide attempt, authorities said Wednesday.

Officers found the bodies on Tuesday night by forcing their way into the victims' home in Greenville after relatives called with concerns about their safety, Greenville Police Chief Mark Holtzman said at a news conference. Hours later and more than 150 miles north in Richmond, officers caught 39-year-old Dibon Toone in the victim's car.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/20...f-killing-mother-3-children-in-north-carolina

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 235
Greenville police say the autopsies on the four victims showed they died from “traumatic head injury by assault” and believe Toone used a hammer.

Toone is only charged with the murder of Howard, while police say they expect additional murder counts to be added. He could be back in Greenville as early as Friday to face charges.

The children have been identified by family members as 11-year-old Bryana Carr, 7-year-old Ayona Toone, and 6-year-old Myona Toone
http://www.witn.com/content/news/Su...eports-say-he-used-claw-hammer-390569631.html

attachment.php

Family and friends of Garlette Rosette Howard and her three daughters used balloons, flowers, music, dance and prayers as they said goodbye during a Saturday celebration of life service.

About 500 people gathered at Cedar Hill Missionary Baptist Church near Bear Grass in Martin County on Saturday to bid farewell to Howard, 32, and Bryana Nicole Carr, 11, Ayona Shanae Toone, 7, and Myona Janae Toone, 5.
http://www.reflector.com/News/2016/08/28/Families-mourn-with-shared-funeral.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 123
This is so terribly sad. I remember when I was in Jr. High, and a friend a year younger than me lost her stepdad and younger brother and sister. We never knew why, but he picked the two kids up from the movies and drove to Colo, rented a motel room and killed both kids and then himself. I know it took a long time for my friend even felt like smiling. She and her mom moved away for a couple of years and then moved back. I believe they couldn't stay in their home and hometown because of all the memories.

This is so terribly sad. I remember when I was in Jr. High, and a friend a year younger than me lost her stepdad and younger brother and sister. We never knew why, but he picked the two kids up from the movies and drove to Colo, rented a motel room and killed both kids and then himself. I know it took a long time for my friend even felt like smiling. She and her mom moved away for a couple of years and then moved back. I believe they couldn't stay in their home and hometown because of all the memories.

That is such a sad story.....no kid should ever experience such pain. I can't even imagine having to deal with that type of devastation.

Autopsy reports detail wounds to mother, children
(...) The youngest child, Myona Toone, was found lying face up on the bed farthest from the door. Her face was covered with clothing.

Ayona Toone was found lying prone on the bed in the middle bed, and her face was covered by clothing, pillows and blankets.

The oldest girl, Bryana Nicole Carr, was found lying face down on the floor. Her lower back, buttocks and legs were underneath a bed, and she was grasping her eyeglasses in one hand. Her head also was covered with clothing.

Each girl had contusions, lacerations and skull fractures, the reports said, and it was the opinion of the medical examiner that each died from traumatic head injuries due to assault.

Their mother, Howard, was found dead in the front bedroom lying in bed, covered by clothing and blankets.

She, too, suffered from multiple traumatic injuries to her head, face and teeth, the report said. Both her forearms were broken.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back