Found Deceased UK - Andrew Green, 33, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, 22 June 2016

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
I'm totally confused as to why family would wait until Sept 17 and 18 to organize a search. :thinking:

I'm confused where you got that idea from. They didn't wait until now to search. There was a huge search for him back in June with hundreds of volunteers, they searched 2000 acres.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-37128569

I'm glad to hear they searched when he fist went missing. The article I linked says they are organizing another search for Sept 17 and 18. Even if they think he is deceased it's better to find his body sooner rather than later. Evidence will be quickly deteriorating. Delaying a search 3 weeks from now does not make any sense, IMO.

From that link:
Mr Green, who had been going through the breakdown of a relationship, was last seen by his partner after putting his two young daughters to bed.

His father said he saw him put a rope in his car earlier that day, but thought nothing of it at the time.

His vehicle was later found abandoned nearby with his phone and work keys inside.

"He's got no money, no passport," Mrs Green said.

"He's just got a rope and a photo of his children."

This is beyond sad. I guess they are implying he went off to hang himself but I still think it's strange to wait until Sept to search again.

Usually such cases will be found when the leaves fall from the trees, if he has comitted suicide that is.

I'm glad to hear they searched when he fist went missing. The article I linked says they are organizing another search for Sept 17 and 18. Even if they think he is deceased it's better to find his body sooner rather than later. Evidence will be quickly deteriorating. Delaying a search 3 weeks from now does not make any sense, IMO.

The searchers are volunteers with West Mercia SAR. https://www.facebook.com/wmsar

These people can't all drop everything and go searching this evening, they are organised and plan these kind of searches very methodically which takes time. Time to plan where to search and to give volunteers enough notice to ensure a lot of people are available to come out. They're far more likely to find him this way than a few friends and family randomly plodding through fields.

If he has hung himself somewhere the evidence of this - a broken neck - won't be impaired by a few more weeks.

Well I still think that's sad. If it were my loved one I would not want to wait another 3 weeks. JMO.

If harvests are going on right now it is probably not be possible for searchers to check a large area thoroughly - they may not be able to go into a lot of fields for their own safety.

Bumping this as the search is this weekend. I hope his family get some closure.

Search for missing Shropshire farmer Andrew Green

_91292656_dc6adec6-89c1-483e-9183-0d1c4a3ffcb5.jpg

More than 500 acres were covered during the search on Sunday

Andrew Green, 33, was last seen driving away from Yew Tree Farm in Chorley, near Bridgnorth, on 22 June.
About 70 people searched an area around the farm on Saturday at the request of this family.
About 50 took part in a second search in an area further away from his home on Sunday.

Mr Green was last seen by his partner after putting his two young daughters to bed.
He had been going through the breakdown of a relationship.
His car was found abandoned a mile from his home.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-37378196

Thanks for the update. How dreadfully sad but at least they now have closure.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Awful news but at least some closure for the family. RIP Andrew

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth