SC - William Blackwell,4 days old, dies from being put in fridge, Columbia, 27 Feb 16

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

A South Carolina mother charged with killing her newborn son by putting him in the refrigerator for several hours (...)

Blackwell, 27, was arrested by State Law Enforcement Division agents on Monday on a charge of homicide by child abuse. Deputies say Blackwell was at her home on February 27 when she put her 4-day-old son in the refrigerator and shut the door. After three hours, she took him out and sought medical attention.

First-responders did CPR on the boy and took him a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to an incident report. The boy, William David Blackwell, died from hypothermia with asphyxiation from being placed in the cold, according to Chester County Coroner Terry Tinker.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/08/sc_mom_killed_newborn_by_putti.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 183
OMG--what a tragedy. :rose: RIP sweet baby

Just 4 days old -- he is with the angels now -- :rose: R.I.P. little William David Blackwell you will never suffer again.

is she really blaming the autistic child? Who doesn't check on a 4 day old baby for 3 hours? Not that she was checking on him when he was found in the fridge. Who found him? Off to read the article... Poor baby.

If she has a mental disability, why is nobody helping her out? Having a newborn is hard as it is let alone with other children in the house, one of whom has a disability himself, when you do not have a mental disability. If that's the case she should not have to parent alone. What where all the other people in the house doing? Nobody was watching the newborn? Newborns are intense and need constant attention. I don't see how another child could do that without someone wondering what was up with the new baby.

As for a two year old putting a baby in the fridge.... yeah, no.

If she has a mental disability, why is nobody helping her out? Having a newborn is hard as it is let alone with other children in the house, one of whom has a disability himself, when you do not have a mental disability. If that's the case she should not have to parent alone. What where all the other people in the house doing? Nobody was watching the newborn? Newborns are intense and need constant attention. I don't see how another child could do that without someone wondering what was up with the new baby.

As for a two year old putting a baby in the fridge.... yeah, no.

I was wondering many of the same things. Is she alone caring for a newborn and a special needs toddler? When I had my second baby, my oldest was 4 and not special needs, and I still needed some help the first 2 or 3 weeks. HOW IS A WOMAN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS doing this all by herself?

It sounds like the people who are trying to accuse the two year old of putting the baby in the fridge also have a mental disability.

This poor little newborn is out of that situation now and will never suffer again.....:rose: baby William

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/aut...buse/428319260

~snip~
Family members also said Blackwell has a mental disability. Lewis said their older son, who is 2, was taken by the Department of Social Services after William's death. He's trying to get his son back now.
"That’s why I’m trying to clean up the yard and my house, to get my son. I want him home," Lewis said.

~snip~

It doesn't sound like the home was in good condition. Poor baby.

I can't imagine not having contact with a newborn for three hours.

I gathered that other family lives there and the autistic kid was not the 2 year old.

From the latest article, Angela Blackwell, his mother, has a mental disability and loves her children. Her family stands by her, insisting that she didn't do it. They believe an autistic child in the home may have placed the baby in the refrigerator. http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/authorities-charge-sc-woman-with-homicide-by-child-abuse/428319260
I'm sorry but even if that were the case, where was his MOTHER (and I use that term very loosely) for 3 hours? This baby was a newborn, as a mother I can't imagine not knowing where my newborn baby is for any period of time let alone 3 hours. Not that I buy that story. I'm sorry. I usually only lurk but I have a 1 year old, a 2 1/2, and a 4 year old. I know what it's like to get overwhelmed and frusterated but this is inconceivable to me. I can't begin to imagine the terror and pain that little guy went through. Rest in peace sweet angel.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back