Registered sex offender running haunted house

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Police and child protection advocates say a registered sex offender should not operate a haunted house that attracts children.

Some people near a Haunted House aren't concerned about the make-believe sights and frights inside. They're worried about the real man, who lives inside the house: a convicted sex offender.

Ronald Cooley lives in Bobtown in Jackson County and is a convicted sex offender. He and his wife are running the haunted house, charging admission for adults - and children.

Ronald Cooley the ex-offender said, "It's a shameful thing to hurt someone the way I hurt them."
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4043057&nav=menu188_2

If he really thought it was so shameful, he wouldn't put himself in temptation's way ever again. He sounds like he may be OK for right now - but next year, who knows - a little stress, an innocent child being friendly, and he could relapse.

Does anyone know what his offense was? NOT that any kind of sexual abuse of children is ok, but was it 30 years ago, or last week, or what? I have to believe in some kind of forgivness (maybe "forgiveness" isn't quite right) for people who do their time, don't re-offend, register, etc. If he makes it clear that parents MUST be with their children at all times on the flyers, and is up front about what he was/is, I guess I can't argue with him running the place, but I'd sure think twice about taking my kid there. I'd rather see him run an "adult only" haunted house - there are such things, I know.

Hbgchick said:
Does anyone know what his offense was? NOT that any kind of sexual abuse of children is ok, but was it 30 years ago, or last week, or what? I have to believe in some kind of forgivness (maybe "forgiveness" isn't quite right) for people who do their time, don't re-offend, register, etc. If he makes it clear that parents MUST be with their children at all times on the flyers, and is up front about what he was/is, I guess I can't argue with him running the place, but I'd sure think twice about taking my kid there. I'd rather see him run an "adult only" haunted house - there are such things, I know.
He was convicted of "enticing a child for indecent purposes" in 1997, which means trying to lure a child. The kids were girls, aged 14 & 7, according tor eports. He got out in 1999. As for running the place--he knows what his parole/probation stipulations are. And these ain't them. The only reason he;s not back in jail is because no kids happened to be there when the cops showed up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back