Presumed Located NE - Samuel Sherman, 19, Omaha, 19 July 2001

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1769/6

Sherman had a job interview in the downtown Omaha area on 7/19/01 that he went to. He never returned to the house he had been staying at, which was in the 3600 block of Bedford Avenue in Omaha.

White
Male

Blonde hair, blue eyes.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...ion_f28dce9a-7ec9-524e-b9ae-9dfd5288fa08.html
Every day, there are hundreds of people missing in Nebraska. Some of them are missing for days, while some of them are missing for decades. Many have had a birthday while their whereabouts are unknown.

We focus on who those people are in hopes of raising awareness. The names, photos (if available) and information come from the Nebraska Missing Persons Information Clearinghouse, 402-479-4986.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 56d4a8a843eea.image.jpg
    56d4a8a843eea.image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 221
I clicked through and Samuel Sherman isn't listed among all the missing. I also haven't found a photo of him anywhere.

Had a hard time finding info. and to copy/paste, there does not seem to be any photos either- starting thread i was messier than usual, lol, but hopefully if anything new pops up, there is a place to put it.

Had a hard time finding info. and to copy/paste, there does not seem to be any photos either- starting thread i was messier than usual, lol, but hopefully if anything new pops up, there is a place to put it.

This poor young man, with no photo , he mustn't have any family or not much of one. there should at least be a drivers license photo they could have used. Strange, he's like a phantom.

It is uncanny the similarities between Samuel & Jason's disappearance:

* Same age
* Same neighbourhood
* Disappear a month apart
* Both have double initials (JJ, SS)
* Jason left for work, Samuel left for a job interview

I'm not saying... I'm just saying.

Why is it we don't have so much as a photo for Samuel Sherman?

Even the cases on CharleyProject where "Few details are available" have at least a picture of the missing person.

Jason disappeared on a Wednesday and Samuel on a Thursday, fwiw.

Someone had to have reported this guy missing. I would imagine they know something.

The house where he was wasn't apparently his, but was a house he was staying in. It seems to me that he didn't have strong family ties and was renting a room in a house at Bedford Avenue. This would explain the lack of information and the lack of a picture. The person that reported him missing was probably somone who lived with him in that house and didn't have much information.

I believe that his disappearence and Jason's are related. Not many people go missing without being found. The fact that they were the same age, lived in the same area and that Samuel went missing a little bit more than a month after Jason did, is very suspicious.

The house where he was wasn't apparently his, but was a house he was staying in. It seems to me that he didn't have strong family ties and was renting a room in a house at Bedford Avenue. This would explain the lack of information and the lack of a picture. The person that reported him missing was probably somone who lived with him in that house and didn't have much information.

I believe that his disappearence and Jason's are related. Not many people go missing without being found. The fact that they were the same age, lived in the same area and that Samuel went missing a little bit more than a month after Jason did, is very suspicious.

Absolutely, it would be a strange set of coincidences if they are not related. Also, both were going for interviews/new jobs weren't they? Another weird coincidence.

I wonder if Kelly (Murphy) ever gained anymore information on Samuel.

Even for a drifter it's bizarre for there to be no photograph. The CharleyProject has plenty of similar cases with photo IDs. It seems like there are no close friends or family worried about Samuel. I suppose it's possible he just moved on somewhere else and has kept a low profile all this time. Look at the Grateful Doe (Jason Callahan). His mother didn't report his case for ten years because she just assumed he was living a transient lifestyle. The proximity and similarity between Jason and Samuel's disappearances are still freaky, though.

Jason's mom mentions Sam Sherman in her last interview, sorry I can't remember what she said but the link is on Jason's thread.
I'm thinking that perhaps Sam just left the area, as I found one on FB in Nebraska who appears to be about the same age and description. It could be just a coincidence as his name is kind of common.

I'm thinking that perhaps Sam just left the area, as I found one on FB in Nebraska who appears to be about the same age and description. It could be just a coincidence as his name is kind of common.

Oh, wow, really? Maybe it would be worth sending that Samuel Sherman a message or informing LE about it, I don't know. Every lead could be helpful, I guess.

Jason's mom mentions Sam Sherman in her last interview, sorry I can't remember what she said but the link is on Jason's thread.

Thank you. I will try to find it.
I like to think Samuel is out there somewhere just living his life, not even realising that he's being spoken about right now on WS.

3600 Bedford Avenue in Omaha isn't right next to where Jason lived, but it is pretty close.

Someone who lived in that general area could be behind both of their disappearances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back