Found Safe NE - Leslie Koesters, 19, Omaha, 29 Aug 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Family seeks help finding teen reported missing
Leslie-Koesters.jpg

Family tells WOWT 6 News Leslie Koesters was last seen Monday, August 29th, at 5:50 a.m. near the area of 17th & Lared.

A missing persons report has been filed with Omaha Police.
http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Family-seeks-help-finding-teen-reported-missing-391821291.html

No cellphone, family claims diminished mental capacity and her Facebook
https://m.facebook.com/leslie.koester

I wonder what she was doing out at that time of morning? ...maybe going to work??
Pretty young lady. I hope she is found soon!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Soon to be mommy July 2017.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And she seems to have moved in with her bf! Found this in some comments when searching with her name on fb

And she seems to have moved in with her bf! Found this in some comments when searching with her name on fb
And they made it quite official!

The Record: Marriages, divorces

Nov 7, 2016 (0)

MARRIAGE LICENSES

DOUGLAS COUNTY
Patrick D. Tulagan, 19, and Leslie M. Koester, 19.
http://www.omaha.com/news/record/th...cle_fd7efca0-31e8-5a86-a6a3-1b3a1e1403d2.html

It seems now more a family non-communication for whatever reason than missing !

I am with you there, had similar thoughts, but also this one: if she is so mentally behind, is she able to go for a marriage without a person officially responsible for her? And where from do we really know how she is? And do we really know how the family is taking it with her bf and not showing it from their point of view? It may not be anything really bad, but causing some tension between them.

I am with you there, had similar thoughts, but also this one: if she is so mentally behind, is she able to go for a marriage without a person officially responsible for her? And where from do we really know how she is? And do we really know how the family is taking it with her bf and not showing it from their point of view? It may not be anything really bad, but causing some tension between them.

I agree, we just don't know. On the one hand, someone with a diminished mental capacity is vulnerable and more easily pulled into an abusive relationship. We don't know enough about her condition to know if she can consent to such a relationship. On the other hand, she may be just fine and her family has over-sheltered her because of her "diminished mental capacity"--I don't know what that means for her, but many people with mental disabilities DO live independently with a little help. I hope this young man she is involved with will reach out to family and show he is treating her well and not a cause for alarm. I can understand why her family is very concerned and upset that she has not been in touch, however. If the "boyfriend" is taking advantage of her, this really needs to be looked into by authorities. IMO, there's just too much we don't know to make a clear call one way or another on if she is "safe" right now. I hope she calls her family soon and visits home to show them she is safe.

Picture from los' link.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 99
What about this pic?

Um... it's so we have the picture ready for everyone to see on the thread...
Aah, ok! I thought maybe some text got lost, but nice to have a pic for sure!

At one time my daughter was described as being socially like a 12 year old. Now we realize she's bipolar and for her the social immaturity was a symptom when things got bad. Not saying this is what Leslie is dealing with....but just throwing out a possible scenario. If she is considered a vulnerable young adult but no one has guardianship over her she's free to do whatever. I'm not sure what to think.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I found finally something!
Teens like 19-year-old Leslie are reported missing. She left home in August, the day after her birthday. Her mother, Melissa, said the girl ditched her cell phone and deleted her Facebook account, then vanished.

“It’s just that sinking feeling. Not knowing anything,” said Melissa.

The mother of five reached out to KETV to publicize her missing daughter. We posted the girl’s photo on Facebook and learned weeks later she was safe.

Police located her quickly, found she was not in danger and took her off the “missing persons” list. But because of her age, they would not share the girl’s location with the mother.

Leslie told KETV Newswatch 7’s Julie Cornell she would not be going home. She said she’s living with friends.
http://www.ketv.com/article/a-closer-look-at-how-police-handle-reports-of-runaway-teens/8252614

Found!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back