GUILTY Australia - Robert Whitwell, 81, murdered, Craigmore, QLD, 8 Aug 2016 *Arrests*

ms madge

Reaction score
"[2 neighbours] found the body of Mr Whitwell in his home at 11.30am on August 8.
They had become concerned when an unread newspaper remained in his driveway and contacted police who, at the time, said there were several factors about his death that could not be fully explained..."

"[Mr Whitwell's granddaughter, Britney Jade] Dwyer, 19, and friend Bernadette Burns, 21, were arrested in Queensland on Friday over the death of the Mr Whitwell...."

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...l/news-story/563a9567cff5a2d0be2ec728132f6c4c

I have no words 😞

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...e/news-story/f41a15affa28b480c2499a7e21178302

During Holmes’ appearance on Monday, prosecutors alleged that, on April 30, she and Dwyer drove from Queensland to Craigmore to “observe” Mr Whitwell.

They claimed Holmes sent Dwyer a text message saying “he said ‘hi’ to me, he’s lovely” to which Dwyer replied “don’t get attached to him, he might have to die”.
Prosecutors said those messages were part of 19,000 texts sent between the pair over two years that had been recovered by investigators.

Woman accused of murdering Adelaide grandfather Robert Whitwell waits for 'critical evidence'
By Claire Campbell
Updated Wed Dec 14 16:08:21 EST 2016
Posted Wed Dec 14 15:18:58 EST 2016

'A lawyer representing one of the women accused of murdering Adelaide grandfather Robert Whitwell has told a magistrate he would seek bail for his client if "critical evidence" was not provided.

The Adelaide Magistrates Court heard Bernadette Burns, 21, had already waited three-and-a-half months for the evidence and wanted to file an application for bail "due to the lack of disclosure in a timely manner".

Co-accused Brittney Jade Dwyer has already pleaded guilty to the murder of her 81-year-old grandfather.

Burns is also charged with Mr Whitwell's murder but is yet to enter a plea.

The material wanted by her defence team relates to telephone calls and text messages.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back