FL - Hurricane Hermine, September 2016

Curious Me

Who When Where What Why & How
Reaction score
(MOD NOTE: Please use this thread to discuss everything related to Hurricane Hermine. :tyou:)

Whatshisname isn't standing up again during the National Anthem tonight at the football game at Q and it's a special Military Night! You all know, I don't follow sports much, but this is all I'm hearing on the local news.

Worried about some of our Florida residents with that hurricane coming. I don't know if anyone here lives in the Panama City area. Hope everybody stays safe.

O/T

Like aviation always had a fasciantion with hurricanes. As a kid , loved em! No school, candles, the power goes out -- exciting for a kid!

In FL, so were number one on this domain as well! But man the barametric pressure has really dropped - that is not good. Not good at all - surprised me. Its worse when that happens right before landfall cause its getting stronger as it starts going over land so it takes it longer to start to mellow out.

Cat one - I thought big deal its cat one - but with pressure drop I think this is gonna be a hassle for lots of folks.

back on topic!! Woshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boom!

Whatshisname isn't standing up again during the National Anthem tonight at the football game at Q and it's a special Military Night! :notgood::stormingmad:You all know, I don't follow sports much, but this is all I'm hearing on the local news.

Worried about some of our Florida residents with that hurricane coming. I don't know if anyone here lives in the Panama City area. Hope everybody stays safe.

:eek:fftopic:

RBBM

Attention Seeker! Whathisname!!!!

I have family in Florida! :(

O/T

Like aviation always had a fasciantion with hurricanes. As a kid , loved em! No school, candles, the power goes out -- exciting for a kid!

In FL, so were number one on this domain as well! But man the barametric pressure has really dropped - that is not good. Not good at all - surprised me. Its worse when that happens right before landfall cause its getting stronger as it starts going over land so it takes it longer to start to mellow out.

Cat one - I thought big deal its cat one - but with pressure drop I think this is gonna be a hassle for lots of folks.

back on topic!! Woshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boom!

BE SAFE CARIIS!!!

jmo :moo:

:eek:fftopic:

RBBM

Attention Seeker! Whathisname!!!!

I have family in Florida! :(

BE SAFE CARIIS!!!

Ty I am central FL - our only danger is tornado- they most (think clock ) prevelant at the 3 o clock postion -- where are your folks?? One one aclock worst

Ty I am central FL - our only danger is tornado- they most (think clock ) prevelant at the 3 o clock postion -- where are your folks?? One one aclock worst

O/T: I'm in Jacksonville, we've had one really strong band come thru so far. Been under tornado watch for several hours.

Gee Em

Where are your people??

O/T: I'm in Jacksonville, we've had one really strong band come thru so far. Been under tornado watch for several hours.

I thought it was a hurricane. Wait...Is there both a hurricane watch and a tornado watch in Florida at this time? Both would terrify me. Oh dear Jax, hope you'll be safe. How scary!

:grouphug: Don't forget to post here or we'll start getting worried about you.

(I'm on the other side of the country worried about fires and earthquakes.)

I thought it was a hurricane. Wait...Is there both a hurricane watch and a tornado watch in Florida at this time? Both would terrify me. Oh dear Jax, hope you'll be safe. How scary!

:grouphug: Don't forget to post here or we'll start getting worried about you.

(I'm on the other side of the country worried about fires and earthquakes.)

Hurricanes produce tornadoes, so yes, it is both. I'm not freaking yet, but am prepared to do so. The rain in the earlier band was horizontal.

ETA: Don't freak out if I disappear. All it takes is one tree down and electricity will be out and if the winds are high they won't even try to fix it.
The longest I've been out was as a kid--2 weeks. Last time we had a storm it was 3 days.

Parts of the Florida Gulf coast were under hurricane warnings as Hurricane Hermine rotated toward the state packing 80-mph winds Thursday night.

Gov. Rick Scott urged areas along a long stretch of the coast centered on the so-called Big Bend — the elbow where the state's peninsula meets the Panhandle — to lay in food and water and make sure they had shelter ahead of the "life-threatening" hurricane — the first for the state since Wilma 11 years ago.

"You can rebuild a home. You can rebuild property," Scott said. "You cannot rebuild a life."
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...ne-strengthens-hurricane-eyes-florida-n641071

Hurricanes produce tornadoes, so yes, it is both. I'm not freaking yet, but am prepared to do so. The rain in the earlier band was horizontal.

ETA: Don't freak out if I disappear. All it takes is one tree down and electricity will be out and if the winds are high they won't even try to fix it.
The longest I've been out was as a kid--2 weeks. Last time we had a storm it was 3 days.

OMG, I had no idea. Well, I'm going to say a few prayers for you that you'll be safe and have all your tree limbs and your electricity. :blowkiss:

foot of water tampa nbc

Did not know he got up to 80
Was here for Charley - he was amazing!!

OMG, I had no idea. Well, I'm going to say a few prayers for you that you'll be safe and have all your tree limbs and your electricity. :blowkiss:

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Stay safe Jax, hoping it will pass soon!

Will be sending thoughts and prayers your way! ((hugs)) to you and CARIIS and all the people in FL at this time, even my family :(

Mary Ester, FL

Oh my, did they evacuate? how far from gulf?

Did they make prep - that is right in it?

Hoping all is well GeeEm - looked it up on map.

Jax did not realize you are in it as well - what are your conditions now, looks like heavy bands coming in??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back