Found Deceased TX - Forrest Nearing, 39, Alvin, 30 Aug 2016

1HogFan

Reaction score
Forrest was last known to be headed to the Chocolate Bayou in Brazoria County on Tuesday, August 30.

c7a0a8f84c614df0621d9741df04baad.jpg

http://www.texasequusearch.org/2016/08/missing-forrest-nearing-alvin-texas-83016/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

This is less than a mile from me. A friend used to live on Wickwillow. The road is a very long, dead end road, with the bayou at the end of the culdesac. It's a pretty wooded and secluded area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1e359fe26696874af2a4628474438682.jpg

Here is the area being searched off Wickwillow at Chocolate Bayou.

Omg when I was scrolling through here on tapatalk all I saw was 'be headed, brazoria county' and my mind went straight to Jubal Alexander [emoji80]

Oh my!! Sorry. I just copied the text at the link. 😯

Hope this guy is found soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The search for Forrest Nearing has been temporarily suspended pending new information.*

That doesn't sound good :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
No it doesn't. [emoji20]
I am still hoping for the best....

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Oh man, that's so sad. Prayers for this family and their search to bring him home. 😢

Unfortunately EquuSearch has suspended the search until they feel like they have additional information that proves they need to continue the search.
He walked his dog along chocolate bayou daily. I grew up on Wickwillow and my dad still lives there on ten acres. This street is not a neighborhood street. It's out in the country to give a better visual.

Do people swim in the Bayou? I'm not familiar with this part of the country and having an idea if Forrest would have voluntarily entered the water would be quite helpful.

Do people swim in the Bayou? I'm not familiar with this part of the country and having an idea if Forrest would have voluntarily entered the water would be quite helpful.

The bayou is very murky muddy at the end of Wickwillow. The road dead ends to a culdesac. There are a few houses on acreage also. It's in Brazoria County. If a person wanted to swim there, I suppose you could, but I certainly wouldn't want to. Forrest lives up near the entrance to Wickwillow, maybe 6 or 7 houses on the left going towards the culdesac/bayou. Chocolate Bayou is to the left of the culdesac, you can see how it winds around corners and is covered by trees and foliage as well.
519dda6c1bf3e1cf792bd1e21a6477f7.jpg
6bab6b4bca7f2539936baae7f35d77a4.jpg
9e2596485b6508858021104a1188b447.jpg

Thank you for your response. Forrest's dog being wet made me wonder if he could have had an accident while swimming, although it seems unlikely that this would be the case now. I knew Forrest very briefly over twenty years ago as a friend of a friend but can confirm that he is a very special soul, one that deserves all the good energy and prayers that can be made at this time. I feel awful for his family and loved ones, and hope answers to his disappearance come soon.

Thank you for your response. Forrest's dog being wet made me wonder if he could have had an accident while swimming, although it seems unlikely that this would be the case now. I knew Forrest very briefly over twenty years ago as a friend of a friend but can confirm that he is a very special soul, one that deserves all the good energy and prayers that can be made at this time. I feel awful for his family and loved ones, and hope answers to his disappearance come soon.

I didn't know Forrest, but we live close by and a friend of mine lived on that road for more than 20 years and we've walked up and down it many times. My husband and I volunteered several times and drove over to help search, but Texas Equusearch turned us away every time. Very disappointing. I even called TES and was still told our help was not needed. So we drove up and down what parts of the bayou we could access by truck. The bayou was only knee deep in the area he went missing. The media made it sound as if he might have drowned in the deep bayou. Maybe further down that could happen, but not right where the dog was found. Now I've seen post on our local forums that in my opinion, I think he's possibly alive and just needs time to sort things out. That is my opinion of course, after actually driving to the area he went missing from. I hope and pray that this is the case, as I feel for his family the not knowing. I have heard and read nothing but kind words about Forrest. He is loved by many.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back