Found Deceased WY - Rene Dreiling, 21, Grand Teton Natl. Park, 31 August 2016

attachment.php

Grand Teton National Park requests the public’s assistance in locating Rene Dreiling.

Here is what we know at this time:
* Dreiling is a 21 year old male who works for Grand Teton Lodge Company. This is his second summer season hiking and climbing in the Teton Range.
* Dreiling was last seen at the Jenny Lake Lodge at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 31.
* Dreiling planned to hike or climb in the Teton Range, though his exact plans are unclear. He may have attempted to ascend Table Mountain from Cascade Canyon. Various alternate objectives include Hanging Canyon, the Jaw, Mount St. John, or some other location in the range. Dreiling is known to be spontaneous in the mountains and change plans frequently.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...-missing-in-grand-teton-park-since-wednesday/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 276
I spent some time looking at his Facebook page and now I'm more worried. He looks like a beautiful soul, free-spirited and adventurous, but perhaps a daredevil. Lots of pictures of him doing climbs that even he describes as dangerous. Some older people in the comments are urging caution. There is a video posted July 15 2016 wherein he is doing a free climb over one of the most sheer drops I've ever seen, with snow and ice present, but continues to hold his phone in one hand to video while climbing. Obviously he made it okay but even he talks about being scared in the video. Ive never seen anything quite like it.
I so hope he is found and goes on to live a long and full life. He seems like a physically gifted and generous kid. The videos of him at a summit are the personification of freedom and joy.

I spent some time looking at his Facebook page and now I'm more worried. He looks like a beautiful soul, free-spirited and adventurous, but perhaps a daredevil. Lots of pictures of him doing climbs that even he describes as dangerous. Some older people in the comments are urging caution. There is a video posted July 15 2016 wherein he is doing a free climb over one of the most sheer drops I've ever seen, with snow and ice present, but continues to hold his phone in one hand to video while climbing. Obviously he made it okay but even he talks about being scared in the video. Ive never seen anything quite like it.
I so hope he is found and goes on to live a long and full life. He seems like a physically gifted and generous kid. The videos of him at a summit are the personification of freedom and joy.

Oh no. :(

very sad.. but what a life he seems to have led. RIP Rene.

This was pretty much expected. But oh so sad :(

RIP brave man!

While I suspected that would be the result, it's still sad. He looked like such a happy, adventurous young man. RIP, Rene.

I'm so sorry to hear that Rene's body has been found - I so hoped he was alright. What a fun loving young man who seemed to live life to its fullest. Sad he died at such an early age. RIP Rene.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back