TX TX - Austin, WhtMale 40-75, UP12160, found in abandoned trailer, clothes, Jan'14

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
apd.jpg

Police said the body was found on January 17, 2014 inside a small utility trailer in the 1400 block of West 3rd Street.
At the time he was found, he was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a gray zippered hooded sweatshirt and a brown jacket.
http://kxan.com/2016/09/02/austin-police-seek-info-about-man-found-dead-in-trailer-in-2014/

"Death Due to Natural Causes" plus "Contact APD Homicide Main Line"?

UID was found in a utility trailer, I wonder if he was a landlord or hired to work on the property?

I wonder what happened there?

My first thought is he may have been living in it. The cost of housing here is getting ridiculous. Add to the lack of affordable housing the sheer number of people moving here daily. That's been going on for a few years.

But yes - died of natural causes doesn't seem to go with homicide. Unless he couldn't get out?

"Death Due to Natural Causes" plus "Contact APD Homicide Main Line"?

UID was found in a utility trailer, I wonder if he was a landlord or hired to work on the property?

I wonder what happened there?

Perhaps he was locked inside the trailer and starved or suffocated to death? If someone else locked him in, it would be homicide. Good question though. I wonder if police know who owned the utility trailer?

Thanks, OkieGranny! The case info is much different from the news story and APD flyer which said he was found in a "small utility trailer". Namus says:
APD found the decedent in an abandoned mobile home located in an undeveloped lot in Austin. It appears the man was using the mobile home as a temporary place to sleep. The land owner did not know anyone who was supposed to be on the property.
There is a big difference between a small utility trailer and mobile home. :sigh:

Maybe it was an old mobile home being used as a utility trailer? Some of the really old ones were pretty small.

Maybe they mean one of those mobile office trailers, like at construction sites? Hard to tell from satellite view.

6f9b135e5587fbf68fdad81bb60cdba1.jpg

89f96e0dee30364acdaa3b2a81d37bad.jpg

Haven't figured out how to do side by side in my phone yet. Missing / found dates are off a bit.

Oh, oops, you are right it says Shawn was last seen in April 2014. Oh well, back to looking.

Wayne Edward Arnold

Missing person's father reported him missing. Arnold left Pennsylvania for Texas for employment on December 15, 2006. All contact (phone and computer) from Arnold stopped in February of 2007. Prior to disappearance, Arnold stated he wanted to go to San Miguel Mexico.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11608/

img_19850.jpeg UP12160.JPG

There are now 2 MP exclusions:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2089Patrick Beavers
Date of Last ContactApril 03, 1997
StateID
CountyJerome

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP33108Rudy Victor
Date of Last ContactJuly 21, 1974
StateCO