Germany DE - Body of woman missing 40 years found in attic

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Independent:

Body of German woman missing for 40 years found by man renovating father's attic

A German man has made a startling discovery after finding the body of a woman in his father's attic -- 40 years after she was reported missing.
---
He had been renovating the loft in his father's house in Cloppenburg, Lower Saxony when he unearthed the woman's skeleton, which was covered in leaves and straw.

Police said they received a call about the "very unusual" discovery on 28 August and found the skeleton in a lying position wearing several jackets and a pair of trousers and shoes.

Authorities believe the bones belong to a 28-year-old woman who disappeared in 1977, five kilometres from the house.
---
The mother-of-three had a history of mental illness, police said. Her husband died in 2012.
---
Police said they do not suspect another person to be involved in the woman's death.
more at link above

Surely the husband knew. Could good, though, come of suggesting as much at this late date? Not a rhetorical question either.

wow. No one ever noticed an odor or mysterious stain on the ceiling?

Two jackets, covered in leaves and straw, smacks of an attempt to keep warm. I wonder if the house was vacant at the time of her disappearance (perhaps owner travelling or it wasn't a primary residence).

Two jackets, covered in leaves and straw, smacks of an attempt to keep warm. I wonder if the house was vacant at the time of her disappearance (perhaps owner travelling or it wasn't a primary residence).
NY Daily News: The remains of a German woman who vanished in 1977 were found in a farmhouse attic where she likely froze to death in her sleep.

She lived with her husband in the house in which her body was found. I cannot find if he inhabited the same premises after her death, and if so (as one assumes) for how long; he died in 2012.

She lived with her husband in the house in which her body was found. I cannot find if he inhabited the same premises after her death, and if so (as one assumes) for how long; he died in 2012.

your link states the woman's home is 5km away from from the man's home in which she was found. or am I miss reading it?

your link states the woman's home is 5km away from from the man's home in which she was found. or am I miss reading it?
Independent: [A]uthorities believe the bones belong to a 28-year-old woman who disappeared in 1977, five kilometres from the house.
She disappeared five kilometers from the house -- her home.

So, if this guy was renovating his father's house, was this the body of his mother? And, what does DE stand for? Did the woman come originally from Delaware, or what?

Color me confused and I've already had my morning coffee.

OK, I see that the woman, mother of 3, lived with her hubby 5 kilometers from the house being renovated. I think. However, were does the DE come into play?

Surely the husband knew. Could good, though, come of suggesting as much at this late date? Not a rhetorical question either.

Surely the husband knew? How could he have known his mentally ill wife crawled into someone else' attic and died?

Methinks I'm starting my morning off with at least 1 foot in my mouth and I'm not sure how it got there.

Surely the husband knew? How could he have known his mentally ill wife crawled into someone else' attic and died?

Methinks I'm starting my morning off with at least 1 foot in my mouth and I'm not sure how it got there.

Ha! I'm with you.

http://www.thejournal.ie/germany-woman-attic-2964745-Sep2016/

This article says barn instead of house. That is something my mind can wrap around. I can see someone getting access to a hay loft a whole lot easier than an attic. Would also explain the straw easier. And how she went undetected for 40 years. If you don't have livestock, you probably wouldn't be using the hay loft on a regular basis.

So, if this guy was renovating his father's house, was this the body of his mother? And, what does DE stand for? Did the woman come originally from Delaware, or what?

Color me confused and I've already had my morning coffee.

OK, I see that the woman, mother of 3, lived with her hubby 5 kilometers from the house being renovated. I think. However, were does the DE come into play?

DE is Deutschland surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DE is Deutschland surely?

Could be but then again, my son's APO address uses AE, which he told me stands for Italy? How did they come up with that?

I'm still confused too; this is what results from being an oldster and posting after midnight! I think everyone's right but me, actually. But yes, 'DE' is Deutschland. Of that I'm sure. And the barn thing makes much sense; was wondering where the straw came from.

I'm so confused. She was found 3 miles from her home in an attic or maybe a hay loft in a barn? I understand she was mentally ill and she put herself there, but how in 40 years did this go unnoticed? A barn hay loft is easier for her to access, but surely somebody went up there in all of 40 years? Maybe she was really well covered?

I believe I began to lose the thread upon reading that she "was reportedly declared missing for six weeks in 1976, before being found in a wood."

The whole thing is like reading an updated tale by the Brothers Grimm.

Could be but then again, my son's APO address uses AE, which he told me stands for Italy? How did they come up with that?

APO AE is Army Post Office Armed Forces Europe

APO is also used for Air Force.

FPO for Navy...Fleet Post Office

http://www.thejournal.ie/germany-woman-attic-2964745-Sep2016/

This article says barn instead of house. That is something my mind can wrap around. I can see someone getting access to a hay loft a whole lot easier than an attic. Would also explain the straw easier. And how she went undetected for 40 years. If you don't have livestock, you probably wouldn't be using the hay loft on a regular basis.

Also a hay loft is high up and probably drafty. It is entirely possible that the smell of it all would have been carried away by the wind and not be obvious to a casual passerby... and even if it was smelled by someone at ground level it would be much less and they may have thought a fox crawled into the barn and died

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back