Found Deceased TX - Esmeralda Pargas, 42, Houston, 2 Aug 2016 *arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Remains found Sunday identified as woman; DNA and forensic workup still pending:

An autopsy has determined that human remains found Sunday near Plum Grove in Liberty County belonged to an adult female.
Authorities say the woman’s remains were discovered by the owners of a grassy lot on Road 3556 in the Grand San Jacinto Subdivision.

Nearly the entire skeleton of the woman was recovered, Cummins said, except for her feet and hands. He added it is normal for the feet and hands to be missing in such cases since these bones tend to be small and can be easily scattered or covered by soil.
Several long black hairs were found along with the body, but Cummins said, “We can’t say 100 percent if those hairs belong to the remains.” Clothing items were also recovered, which could help narrow the scope of the investigation if family members of missing persons are available to identify these items.

List of missing women included in article at link. Read more: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/east...cle_2b1a0602-e586-525d-98c1-b29c2a73bc08.html

Danielle Sleeper isn't mentioned. The long brown hairs make me think it could be her.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's why I posted it to her thread. I haven't read Danielle's thread yet but just saw her pictures with the long dark hair and that she had not been found yet. Hopefully they release the clothing details.

That's why I posted it to her thread. I haven't read Danielle's thread yet but just saw her pictures with the long dark hair and that she had not been found yet. Hopefully they release the clothing details.
Brief description about Danielle Sleeper:

Her husband was the last one to see her. According to him she was asleep on the couch when he took their son to pick up their other vehicle (left behind at a party the night before. Apparently they were fighting at the party). When they returned she was gone..He never reported her missing (her family did a couple of days later) and immediately sent their son to his mom's in another state.

She did not have custody of her other children from a previous marriage because her current husband was violent.

Seems to be a lot of men listed in the article so the list can be pretty narrowed down. Wow, some of those cases are pretty old. So sad for whoever it is.

Seems to be a lot of men listed in the article so the list can be pretty narrowed down. Wow, some of those cases are pretty old. So sad for whoever it is.

Yes, I think that list was posted before they knew anything. Now they know it's female and likely long black hair. The only two females listed don't look like strong candidates to me either. Patricia Small has light brown, almost blonde hair. Cynthia Laurie Washington is African American--while we don't know the race of the deceased yet she seemed to have short hair in her photos.

70c08f2a776a03cb547b63cce6ad6afa.jpg

Map of street. Wish we knew which property....

In addition to Danielle Sleeper, I suggested this on Theresa Green's thread.
Not a lot of details on Theresa but Splendora, where she was last seen, is only 7 miles from Plum Grove.

Theresa's Thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?224513-TX-Theresa-Green-40-Splendora-13-Sept-2011
Danielle's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...elle-Sleeper-32-Magnolia-22-March-2015/page34
Thanks Gardener! Was going to ask about the hair colors :)Theresa's hair seems too light if the hairs are described as black. Danielle's hair seems pretty darn dark!

Thanks Gardener! Was going to ask about the hair colors :)Theresa's hair seems too light if the hairs are described as black. Danielle's hair seems pretty darn dark!

So far I think Danielle is the closest possible match in time and place I've found but we don't know enough like age, height, race, etc. yet.
I hope a family will soon find closure and justice will be done (if this is crime).

She is possible too (with long black hair) but San Antonio is quite a distance-- 3 hours 45 minutes according to google maps.
Yeah I seen the 3 hours.. But if someone really wants to hide a body......Although driving that far to just toss someone in a field seems a little odd but I've seen stranger on these threads....

So far I think Danielle is the closest possible match in time and place I've found but we don't know enough like age, height, race, etc. yet.
I hope a family will soon find closure and justice will be done (if this is crime).
True, we do not know yet if it was foul play....

I think Danielle is a strong possibility too. The fact that the clothes are on the body is a clue this probably wasn't a rape case. The clothes may be a clue that the death resulted from violence, but not necessarily sexual assault, and that could fit a married couple. Danielle's husband stated they argued the night of her disappearance.

Also, leaving the body in a field would seem like someone who was working quickly - he had to get home to the kids.

IDK, of course, if this is Danielle, but nothing so far indicates it isn't.

jmo

Remains found Sunday identified as woman; DNA and forensic workup still pending:

List of missing women included in article at link. Read more: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/east...cle_2b1a0602-e586-525d-98c1-b29c2a73bc08.html
One thing I just noticed when rereading article;

The DNA profile will then be matched to family members of known missing persons cases in the state. There are no known missing person cases in Liberty County that fit the time frame, so the search will be extended to neighboring counties and then across the state.

Wish the "time frame" was known.

The couple who owns land had not been there for two months. I think they are assuming body/skeleton was there less than that amount of time. Esmeralda went missing Aug 3 2016 is an adult female with long dark hair. She went missing from Houston area.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34908/0/

This update says there was skin on the skeletal remains that indicates they are only a few months old: http://www.thevindicator.com/news/article_ca0509a8-7120-11e6-b9c9-7f2798a10e3f.html

“It should be noted,” DeFoor said, “that some skin tissue was still present on the remains which would indicate the remains were there for only a month or two. Additional follow-up is being conducted on any and all reported missing persons from the surrounding areas and then will expand outward to other jurisdictions to find any missing person that would fit the approximate one to two month time frame.”

The sheriff’s office released this information, the statement says, “so that it will not give false hope to distraught family members who may think the remains are that of a loved one who disappeared many years ago.”
An update will be released when more definite information is received by the sheriff’s office from North Texas State University, but nothing more is expected for another two to six weeks. If the examination involves DNA analysis, it may be several months before that information is received.

Texas Equusearch found more bones believed to be part of the same skeleton

The volunteers, shoulder to shoulder on their hands and knees, scoured the small property off of Road 3556 in the Grand San Jacinto Subdivision in Plum Grove, looking for missing hand and foot bones that were not recovered in an initial search by law enforcement.

Less than 15 minutes after the volunteers began Saturday, they began to call out that they had found items that needed closer examination. An hour later, small orange flags dotted the property, marking locations of bones. A rib bone was found in a nearby roadside ditch, which prompted a more thorough search to nearby homes.
Read more and see pictures of the search here: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/dayt...cle_dbb43cec-18d9-571d-b60f-d56cc829f16d.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back