OR OR - Cindy King, 15, Grants Pass, 19 July 1977

It seems surprising there is not more out there about this case. http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=bruceyork&id=I217187 is a family tree page which includes the obituary of her father from 2012. It appears her father and mother divorced when she was young so she may have been estranged from that side of her family. I assume her mother was his first wife, Martha Slaven, as Cindy was born in 1961 and Martha had 12 children after marrying in 1952. This also means there are lots of siblings still out there, including a Jamie Kent - still listed as in Grants Pass in 2012 according to the obituary. Jamie Kent has a facebook page (which now places her in Portland); the page seems a little odd. Perhaps Cindy felt out of step with her family?

It interests me that Cindy had a tattoo near her groin. That was not the norm for women and especially a 15 year old at that time. She doesn’t look like a rebel, but a tattoo in that location makes me wonder who she was hanging out with. I see nothing about the circumstances of her disappearance other than the date she was last seen.

It interests me that Cindy had a tattoo near her groin. That was not the norm for women and especially a 15 year old at that time. She doesn’t look like a rebel, but a tattoo in that location makes me wonder who she was hanging out with.

It would be useful to know if that was a home-made tattoo or something more professional. There's a world of difference between something that a small group of girls do to each other for a giggle and something a tattoo shop would do for a client, or indeed something an older adult might do to mark his "property". My younger sister, who was easily led, ended up with a small blue cross tattooed very visibly on the back of her hand because a group of her school friends were doing it to each other and she wanted to "belong". Bloody stupid.

The fact that Cindy's right arm had been broken twice is also worth thinking about. It could be completely innocent (a child putting her dominant hand out to break an ordinary childhood trip or fall) but then it could be more sinister.

Did you get any answer?
Unfourtunately no and I don't think that I will anytime soon. Before the changes to NamUs that hid identifers that were previously available for UIDs, the DNA results for the skull were updated from 'pending' to 'insufficient for profiling'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back