Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15
Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21
Thread #22Thread #23

"Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved."
(from Coldpizza's link above)

BBM: In all this time I have seriously never been able to get with an 'other family took him' scenario. And the simple reason is that only one child was taken. Only one child was intended to be taken.

The perp didn't wait until both children were in sight then grab them both, and they both had been running around the house (if anyone had been waiting and observing). Quite the opposite happened. He grabbed one child who was all alone. In the few minutes that he was alone.

And there were no repeat performances to be had really. It is not as if the perp could say 'Oh well, I missed grabbing her too. I'll get her another time'.

I think it is not likely that any family would separate the brother and sister, they've been moved together, they had a close relationship - and I can't really see an obviously caring grandmother being a party to such a thing. Why would they?

imo

"Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved."

BBM: In all this time I have seriously never been able to get with an 'other family took him' scenario. And the simple reason is that only one child was taken. Only one child was intended to be taken.

The perp didn't wait until both children were in sight then grab them both, and they both had been running around the house (if anyone had been waiting and observing). Quite the opposite happened. He grabbed one child who was all alone. In the few minutes that he was alone.

And there were no repeat performances to be had really. It is not as if the perp could say 'Oh well, I missed grabbing her too. I'll get her another time'.

I think it is not likely that any family would separate the brother and sister, they've been moved together, they had a close relationship - and I can't really see an obviously caring grandmother being a party to such a thing. Why would they?

imo

I agree to what you're saying but do we know for sure that William and his sister have the same father ? ( I believe they do but am not 100% sure) I do believe that NC is legitimate as the loving grandparent ( perhaps estranged) but there are too many dots to join when it comes to her and the revealing of who she associates with. That the big question I have.

William went missing inside a 30 minute window. The time was mid morning in the working week when the traffic was at its lowest ebb. Foster Grandmas house was for sale. Foster Grandpas funeral had occurred in the small town where a group of people knew each other. It would be last time William visits their town.

imo

I can see your reasoning but I can also imagine a scenario where just one child was taken. The person(s) would have been time pressured and nervous, with various neighbours setting out on shopping trips, mowing lawns and so on. They could have well planned to take both but then the sister went indoors, WT ran round the side of the house, maybe saw them, and suddenly a decision had to be made.

Years ago I knew a family that felt they had to hide a child from social services because the child was about to be taken into care and I know the lengths they went to, so nothing would surprise me.

In answer to your posts in the last thread, Makara:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-12-September-2014-23&p=12799159#post12799159

The link is from the NSW Department of Family and Community Services. They work with the NSW Police JIRS along with the Sex Crimes Squad in a joint child protection program named 'Keeping Them Safe'. Some WSers may not be aware of their joint operations.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-12-September-2014-23&p=12799163#post12799163

I started reading the posts subsequent to the time I last visited the thread; just after DCI Jublin's presser, as I have been on shift.

I can see your reasoning but I can also imagine a scenario where just one child was taken. The person(s) would have been time pressured and nervous, with various neighbours setting out on shopping trips, mowing lawns and so on. They could have well planned to take both but then the sister went indoors, WT ran round the side of the house, maybe saw them, and suddenly a decision had to be made.

Years ago I knew a family that felt they had to hide a child from social services because the child was about to be taken into care and I know the lengths they went to, so nothing would surprise me.

That's interesting Mayfly. Are you able to tell us what lengths the family went to in hiding the child? I'm interested in this from the perspective of how William may have been hidden over the last two years.

In answer to your posts in the last thread, Makara:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-12-September-2014-23&p=12799159#post12799159

The link is from the NSW Department of Family and Community Services. They work with the NSW Police JIRS along with the Sex Crimes Squad in a joint child protection program named 'Keeping Them Safe'. Some WSers may not be aware of their joint operations.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-12-September-2014-23&p=12799163#post12799163

I started reading the posts subsequent to the time I last visited the thread; just after DCI Jublin's presser, as I have been on shift.

I think everyone get's you Bohemian. :clap:

That's interesting Mayfly. Are you able to tell us what lengths the family went to in hiding the child? I'm interested in this from the perspective of how William may have been hidden over the last two years.

Long story short: The grandparents were visiting when social services arrived with the court order, up until then they had no idea that things were that bad. Grandma went out into the back garden, climbed over the fence and hid in next door neighbour's flat. From there she went to her sister-in-law who lived in the next county and hid the child there. They were a close knit family but not unusual and before this happened I would not have thought she would ever break the law.

The police questioned her but she refused to answer and the rest of the immediate family couldn't tell them anything because they really didn't know. She and her husband began a campaign to get custody of the child and eventually won. The judge ordered her to produce the child and she did, but by then she had got the press on her side and publicly wrote to a VIP "as one grandmother to another". She was such a force of nature that they didn't dare cross her!

I think NC is the only family member that has anything to do with Williams bio dad( her son) I also think he is the one she was referring to in her interview when she said something along the lines of someone looking to the black sky and having the feeling of something not being right. This is total speculation from me and may have no relevance to anything.

Thanks.

So sad that he had to say 'and let's use common sense' ... if a child's getting around in a mcdonalds carpark in a spiderman suit now 2 years later, after William's disappeared, we're not particularly interested. (18mins 40 secs into that video)

... it just amazes me the number of Facebook comments I've seen in the last 2 years, where people have seen a young boy in a spiderman outfit, and have thought it could be him. Do these people seriously think the people who took him would continue to dress him in a spiderman suit. Just so sad there are some not so bright people out there in the world who lack some basic common sense.

Long story short: The grandparents were visiting when social services arrived with the court order, up until then they had no idea that things were that bad. Grandma went out into the back garden, climbed over the fence and hid in next door neighbour's flat. From there she went to her sister-in-law who lived in the next county and hid the child there. They were a close knit family but not unusual and before this happened I would not have thought she would ever break the law.

The police questioned her but she refused to answer and the rest of the immediate family couldn't tell them anything because they really didn't know. She and her husband began a campaign to get custody of the child and eventually won. The judge ordered her to produce the child and she did, but by then she had got the press on her side and publicly wrote to a VIP "as one grandmother to another". She was such a force of nature that they didn't dare cross her!

Thanks Mayfly. So it was a case of concealment by moving the child from one place to another? It is just so sad isn't it? The grandmother you mention was probably only reacting out of love for her grandchild and also the parents, one of whom was her own child.

If a family member or just some random stranger has taken William and is concealing him by constantly moving him, there would have to be others assisting. IMO the kidnapper couldn't do it on their own, hence the reward and Gary Jubelin's comment "come to us before we come to you". On the other hand if William is deceased and there are others besides the murderer who know what happened, I could imagine that they may be living in fear for their own safety. The reward and assurance of immunity may just be the incentive they need to finally come forward.

Thanks.

So sad that he had to say 'and let's use common sense' ... if a child's getting around in a mcdonalds carpark in a spiderman suit now 2 years later, after William's disappeared, we're not particularly interested. (18mins 40 secs into that video)

... it just amazes me the number of Facebook comments I've seen in the last 2 years, where people have seen a young boy in a spiderman outfit, and have thought it could be him. Do these people seriously think the people who took him would continue to dress him in a spiderman suit. Just so sad there are some not so bright people out there in the world who lack some basic common sense.

Every time I read a comment such as " I'd be looking into the white goods guy" I cringe.

Thanks Fence Sitter. He is just so gorgeous! I'm using the present tense here. William is gorgeous and GJ is going to bring him home! I so want to believe that will be the case. :please:

Let's live in hope Makara.

Thanks.

I get what you're saying. No, people don't think before the react but I believe they are only trying to help, as frustrating as this must be for investigators at times.

I find it a lot easier to not read all of the inane comments on Facebook. If I did I'd probably be locked up by now for ramming someone's head up their nether regions. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46