CA - Flo Douglas, 88, fatally beaten, San Jose, 12 Sept 2016 *Arrests*

GeeEm

Reaction score
September 13, 2016
4:35 PM EDT UPDATED

San Jose woman, 88, badly beaten during home invasion robbery

An 88-year-old woman was severely beaten during a home invasion robbery in East San Jose, a violent attack that has left her neighbors in disbelief.

The woman, who lives alone, suffered “significant facial and head trauma” during the robbery, which occurred sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office.

<SNIP>

The woman lives in a home located near McKee and White roads in an unincorporated pocket of the city, according to Lt. James Jensen of the sheriff’s office. The sheriff’s office did not become aware of the situation until Monday when the woman’s neighbors checked on her, Jensen said.

The suspects robbed the woman of jewelry she was wearing, ransacked her home and drove off in her vehicle parked in the garage, according to the sheriff’s office.

She is currently hospitalized in an intensive care unit and was listed in critical condition as of late Tuesday afternoon.

<SNIP>

Jensen said the victim talked briefly to deputies and was able to say two men attacked her. But no suspects have been identified.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/...itical-condition-after-home-invasion-robbery/

This poor woman.....another elderly woman attacked in her own home. So terribly wrong.

Is she was my mother, those two idiots had better hope they have granite skulls, because I would go after them with a wooden bat, and try for a home run with their heads! Beating up an elderly person makes as much sense as beating up a toddler! Lilly livered cowards.
I wish they had given her name so we could look in the newspapers for an update on her condition.:stormingmad:

:praying: for her recovery. i can not understand how these monsters can do such evil acts. :furious:

They caught the punk who beat her. He's an 18-year-old that lived two blocks from her and was out to rob her.

I wonder why her? awful :(

this is East San Jose, but that neighborhood is not bad. it is right near my toddler's preschool, like literally only a few blocks. east of white is better than west of it and eventually becomes the upscale East Hills.

tragic, these kids have no respect.

They caught the punk who beat her. He's an 18

O/T I don't know why my quotes are always broken now, I just hit "reply w quote" as I always have... hmmm.

"Miss Flo", as she was known to friends and neighbors, died Oct.8, 16.
www.mercurynews.com > 2016/10/08 " Miss Flo", victim of San Jose beating...

"Miss Flo", as she was known to friends and neighbors, died Oct.8, 16.
www.mercurynews.com > 2016/10/08 " Miss Flo", victim of San Jose beating...

Thank you glf for the update, however it isn't what I wanted to hear. How cruel!!! I hope they fry him LinasK, since he did this to another person. :(
If the perp got off one time, they will probably let him go again!

Why are people so cruel, mean, evil, and want to hurt others? I just can't even go there in my mind, my heart breaks so many times I come here for all the victims that are so innocent.

O/T: Everyone be safe, during the holidays, heck in an area not where I live, but the same county, people have been robbing people and stealing the security cameras, while taking things from the home, then if they see cameras, at other homes, they take those as well. Just so sad.

Hugs to all,
GeeEm ~

Justice to ALL THE VICTIMS!!!!!! :rose:
My heart bleeds for all the victims during the holidays. :prayer:

I know, we aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, but, I would hate to raise kids in Calif. Seems like most of the places are heavily populated, and kids, for the most part are exposed to drugs, alcohol, and many have too much time on their hands, maybe both parents work, and they are easily persuaded and get into mischief, or worse.
I have cousins and friends who grew up there, and 97% of them have had addiction problems. I hope that as they have grown older, they got help and have straightened out. But I am not for certain. Drugs are way to easy to find nowadays, no matter where you live, but I am a firm believer small towns are a better place to raise a family.
I hope we have young people reading on WS, and maybe they will try harder to stay on the straight and narrow, so they don't end up in the headlines like this teen has.
I've never done illegal drugs, or smoked pot, and all my life I felt like if people didn't believe me, or looked at me like I just escaped from Mars, it's their problem, not mine!
Obviously, he didn't learn from his break in and assault, so there is every reason to throw the book at him. He can rot in jail forever!

Second suspect arrested in slaying of Miss Flo - March 10th

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/03/10/san-jose-second-suspect-arrested-in-murder-of-miss-flo/

A second suspect has been arrested in connection with the killing of 88-year-old Flo Douglas, a pillar of the city’s black community who was brutally beaten in a home-invasion robbery in September.

On Friday, the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of Jennifer Hernandez Jimenez, who they say helped primary suspect Zachary Omar Cuen conceal the alleged crime.

Cuen, who was arrested just days after Douglas was found brutally beaten inside her home, is charged with murder, robbery, burglary and elder abuse. He faces life in prison if convicted, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office.

$400K Bail Set For Teen Girl Charged In Connection With ‘Miss Flo’ Murder

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/03/20/400k-bail-set-for-teen-girl-charged-in-connection-with-miss-flo-murder/

A teenager charged in connection with the murder of an 88-year-old woman will be allowed $400,000 bail following a court motion by her defense attorney Monday.

According to sheriff’s officials, Cuen drove Douglas’ car to Jimenez’s house where she lived with her parents, wearing Douglas’ jewelry and with fresh blood on his clothes.

Jimenez allegedly gave Cuen clothes to change into and watched as he burned his bloody shirt in her backyard. She threw his bloody Nike Air Jordan shoes and bloodstained pants into the trash can outside her house, sheriff’s officials said.

According to Daugherty, Jimenez has continued to lie, conceal information and obstruct the discovery of evidence in interviews with law enforcement.

If convicted, Jimenez faces a sentence of three years and eight months in prison.

I know, we aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, but, I would hate to raise kids in Calif. Seems like most of the places are heavily populated, and kids, for the most part are exposed to drugs, alcohol, and many have too much time on their hands, maybe both parents work, and they are easily persuaded and get into mischief, or worse.
I have cousins and friends who grew up there, and 97% of them have had addiction problems. I hope that as they have grown older, they got help and have straightened out. But I am not for certain. Drugs are way to easy to find nowadays, no matter where you live, but I am a firm believer small towns are a better place to raise a family.
I hope we have young people reading on WS, and maybe they will try harder to stay on the straight and narrow, so they don't end up in the headlines like this teen has.
I've never done illegal drugs, or smoked pot, and all my life I felt like if people didn't believe me, or looked at me like I just escaped from Mars, it's their problem, not mine!
Obviously, he didn't learn from his break in and assault, so there is every reason to throw the book at him. He can rot in jail forever!

The same problems exist everywhere else, just more ppl here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad they charged her too, disgusting. Miss Flo's house is a few blocks from my baby's preschool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A third suspect was arrested last week.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/22/san-jose-third-suspect-arrested-in-miss-flo-murder-case/

Perla Arreloa, who authorities say helped primary suspect Zachary Omar Cuen conceal the killing by disposing of evidence and lying to investigators on multiple occasions, was arrested Friday by the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office.

Arreloa, 20, was charged Monday with one count of accessory to murder and conspiracy to obstruct justice with an enhancement for offending while free on bail or on her own recognizance, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office.

From last month:

&#8216;Miss Flo&#8217; murder case: New suspect charged in deadly beating

Johnny Brown, 19, of San Jose, was expected to be charged with murder in the Sept. 12, 2016 attack in Douglas&#8217; home on North Cragmont Avenue near McKee and White roads, according to court and jail records and sources familiar with the investigation.

Brown joins 19-year-old Zachary Omar Cuen as a murder defendant in Douglas&#8217; death, which rocked the community who knew her as a retired beauty salon owner and a steadfast member of St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church.

In all, four defendants are facing charges in the case. Two other people have been charged with crimes on allegations they tried to conceal the crime. Perla Arreola and Jennifer Hernandez Jimenez are accused of disposing evidence and lying to detectives.

&#8216;Miss Flo&#8217; murder case: New arrests and alleged confession suggest bigger plot

The brutal killing of Floavis &#8220;Miss Flo&#8221; Douglas during a home-invasion robbery last fall was not just a tragic chance encounter with hasty and impulsive intruders, as many previously thought.

Investigators and prosecutors contend it was the end result of a scheme concocted by a neighbor who carefully watched Douglas and plotted how he and two friends would ransack the home of the 88-year-old woman who lived as a community matriarch in the East San Jose neighborhood where the suspects also lived.

Court documents unsealed Wednesday outline detailed allegations of how 19-year-old murder defendants Zachary Omar Cuen and Johnny Raymond Brown Jr. descended on Douglas home under the guidance of Douglas&#8217; neighbor, Willie King, who is also 19 years old.

Jennifer Hernandez Jimenez and Perla Arreola, defendants to felony accessory charges in participating in an alleged cover-up of the crime, are 19 and the girlfriends of Cuen and Brown respectively.

Sinica Santos, Brown&#8217;s 39-year-old mother is also facing a felony accessory charge for harboring her wanted son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back