GUILTY NC - Douglas Edwards for kidnapping, rape of 6yo girl, Wilmington, 2016

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
According to Lieutenant Brewer with the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office, S L L C, 6, was last seen in her driveway of 5140 Carolina Beach Road before being abducted by a man on a moped.

L C is 39 lbs and 48" tall and was last seen wearing light pink shorts with white polka dots, white short sleeve shirt and black flip flops.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/33097630/missing-girl-from-possible-child-abduction-identified

*Happened in New Hanover County, Royal Palms subdivision in the Monkey Junction area

Oh gosh I hope she is found soon. Abduction via Moped....haven't heard that before. Praying she is okay.

Why are they calling it a "potential abduction"?

Why are they calling it a "potential abduction"?

The only thing I can think of is that the first edition of this story did not have the girl's name or quotes from LE. Media may have picked it up from social media posts. It's sounds like it's confirmed now LE is investigating. It is strange they haven't issued an amber alert when they have a description of the man and a vehicle. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be a made up story by a family member that hurt her. :(

I am wondering if he asked her if she wanted to go for a ride because it would be difficult to snatch a child kicking and screaming on a moped.Never the less it is still kidnapping.Prayers no harm comes to her.

I wonder if it was someone she knew? A man with long blonde hair should stand out. I wonder if he didn't have a helmet on since they could tell he was a man and had long hair? Anyone know NC laws for helmets? Are they required if on a moped?

I'm only an hour and a half away and didn't get an alert on my phone 😕

:please: God bless her. Be brave little one. They will find you . Non parental abductions only mean one thing, imho.

From the map, it looks like this is in a mobile home park that leads out to a major road. Unless there is another way out of the neighborhood, the road it meets is a 2 lane one way with median in middle, then 2 lane going other direction. He would have had to go that one way if exiting from there and right up the road is a strip mall. Surely there are cameras nearby to catch what direction he went, not to mention a 4 lane busy road where someone had to see something.

I would assume the suspect lives not to far from abduction because your not going travel great distances on a moped.

This is local to me. She was abducted 25 minutes down the road from where I live. Her sweet little face is all over our local news as well as social media. I want to add some local perspective: She was abducted in a part of Wilmington known as Monkey Junction. It's in between Wilmington and Carolina Beach. Carolina Beach is on Pleasure Island; there is one main road that ends to at a ferry that will take you down to Southport. There are cameras all down Carolina Beach Road and most certainly by the ferry. Wilmington, also loaded with cameras at every intersection and at the bridges, is not technically an island, by heavy surrounded by water (The Atlantic Ocean/InterCoastal Waterway to the east & Cape Fear River to the west). To get out of Wilmington you can cross one of two large bridges, or get on I-40 headed towards Raleigh. I suppose there are a few back ways that one (mostly likely a local because I've been here 3 years and still can't figure the back ways out, lol) could to take to avoid the bridges or major highways, but a person would have to go through a lot of intersections and down many main roads to get to the back roads. Again, cameras are everywhere here. She was abducted smack dab in the middle of it all. Not many places one could go and not have video footage of their actions. I have a feeling that LE has a decent idea of the direction the suspect came from/took off with S. I also want to point out that in the past couple months there have been at least 2 separate men that have been accused by numerous women in various mom's groups of doing generally creepy and socially unacceptable things...Most recent I can remember (last month?) is a mother & her child were followed around a grocery store and she felt threatened to the point of requesting management to walk her out to her vehicle where the guy was still lurking as she loaded her groceries and left. That happened not 10 minutes from where this girl was taken. Mopeds are not uncommon around here but a child on one would raise a lot of eyebrows. Hopefully some some saw something. I do wonder if the suspect had another vehicle waiting somewhere and the moped was just a temporary thing. I also wonder if it was someone the family knew or had some kind of relations with. Strange to think a person would just nab a random kid in a populated area during daylight hours while driving a moped while knowing he can't get outta town quickly or discreetly. ???? I think she is still close by and will be found soon, praying safely!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back