KY - Owensboro Police: Officers kill KY man who held knife to woman's throat

GeeEm

Reaction score
September 17, 2016

Police: Officers kill Kentucky man who held knife to woman's throat

Kentucky State Police are investigating the shooting death of a knife-wielding man by two officers in Owensboro.

State police say 29-year-old Lucas Anderson died from gunshot wounds in the incident Friday night.

Police say Owensboro Police Department officers responded to a domestic argument call. Police say the officers saw Anderson grab a woman's hair and put a knife to her throat.

<SNIP>

The officers, identified as Mike Matthews and Gary Mattingly, fired multiple times, striking Anderson. He died at the scene. The woman was hospitalized with cuts on her head and neck.

The officers have been placed on paid administrative leave.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/1...ucky-man-who-held-knife-to-womans-throat.html

September 17, 2016
3:40 PM ET UPDATED

UPDATE: KSP Releases Name of Officers and Perpetrator Involved in Shooting

The Kentucky State Police have released more information on the officer involved shooting this morning, in which two Owensboro Police officers shot and killed a man who allegedly charged at them with a knife.

The male perpetrator has been identified as Lucas Anderson, 29, of Owensboro. According to Daviess County Coroner Jeff Jones, the autopsy is complete and Anderson died from multiple gunshot wounds.

<SNIP>

Officer Mike Matthews, 51 of Owensboro. Matthews is assigned patrol division and has been serving Owensboro since 2009.

Officer Gary Mattingly, 43 of Owensboro. Mattingly is assigned patrol division and has been serving Owensboro since 2002.

<SNIP>&#8203;

http://surfky.com/index.php/hopkins...officers-and-perpetrator-involved-in-shooting

Sounds like they saved her life. I wonder why they are on paid leave.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Sounds like they saved her life. I wonder why they are on paid leave.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

I think that's just automatic procedure after a shooting no matter what the reason. They will probably be back to work soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back