The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

animlzrule

Reaction score
New Docuseries to begin airing 9/18/16 on CBS

"Twenty years after her death—in which 140 suspects have been cleared of the crime, including her parents, John and Patsy—the high-profile puzzler remains unsolved. A “dream team” of investigators chronicled in the upcoming six-hour docuseries The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey (premieres September 18, 8:30/7:30c, CBS) claims to have cracked the case."

Thought I'd provide a link to the Real Crime Profile podcast. Episode 36 is a discussion of the upcoming docuseries, and a bit about the team comprised to re-do the investigation. The team includes Jim Clemente, a retired FBI profiler, and Laura Richards, formerly of Scotland yard. To hear them speak about their investigation, theirs is the end all be all of all of these anniversary shows that are popping up.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/real-crime-profile/id1081244497?mt=2

https://www.facebook.com/Real-Crime-Profile-1197397233613178/

My apologies for kind of "re-posting" this, but it's my theory du jour that I initially dashed off on the fly. I've re-written to clarify, and I would really like to hear if it can be debunked:

At some later point after eating a piece or two of pineapple, JB and BR got into an altercation and BR hit JB on the head with the heavy flashlight. Unlike any previous times he had hit her, she went down and didn't move. At age 9, he may or may not have understood she was unconscious. Whatever he thought was going on, he most likely was scared of her waking up screaming and crying which would bring one or both his parents downstairs and he'd get in trouble for hitting her.

So he got hold of her by the back of her nightshirt and tried to drag her (because he couldn't lift her). This could have been (1) from the kitchen downstairs to the basement (if the altercation happened in the kitchen), or (2) from one place in the basement to another (ending up in the "wine cellar"). His reason would be to hide her until she woke up.

Trying to drag her by the nightshirt was not working too well (but it caused the triangular red mark on front of her neck). So he got the cording and put it around her neck in a slipknot (typical knot a kid would use for just about anything) and tried to drag her that way, but the cording kept slipping through his hands.

So he wrapped the other end of the cording around the piece of paintbrush handle to make a "grip" for his hands. [Or it's possible the cord with paintbrush grip was already lying around in the basement, having been made and used for something else.] He was then able to drag her body (including possibly down the stairs) to a place where his parents wouldn't immediately see her. The effect of this dragging tightened the cord around her neck and effectively strangled her although he was not aware of that.

He waited around a while for her to wake up. Possibly he engaged in some sexual curiosity -- she was asleep and wouldn't know .... He poked her a couple of times with the train track trying to wake her up, but that didn't work. So he got a blanket and put over her, either to try to kind of keep her warm or possibly to help hide her in case the parents looked.

And went upstairs to bed because he didn't know what else to do. Scared to go wake up his parents because whatever was wrong with her was his fault since he hit her. And he probably stayed in bed, scared stiff, when all heck broke loose, until whatever point he finally came downstairs. At some point shortly thereafter, he confessed to his parents about hitting her and then hiding her, and they came up with their plan for the ransom note and whatnot to try to protect him.

I thought his behavior during the Dr Phil interview/s was clearly nervous, but what struck me was that his smiling was "appeasing", like a dog that tore up the living room while you were gone and knows it's in trouble but doesn't really understand why. I don't think he meant to kill his sister -- I do think he hit her out of an in-the-moment rage reaction and had no idea what he'd done or that his following efforts to move and hide her ended up effectively sealing the issue and killing her (although the blow would have apparently resulted in her death anyway).

Her body had abrasions on the back consistent with having been dragged, and any of the adults could have/would likely have picked her up and carried her rather than drag her.

How many of the actual elements of JB's death does this satisfy?

Welcome to thread number 2.

Please indulge me a bit and let me remind you of a few things:

Burke Ramsey is being publically accused of horrific things but remember the people making the accusations have backed them up. We've seen the CBS special. The investigators put a lot of work into that program and we can discuss and offer our opinion on every bit of it.

However, It doesn't mean anyone can come on Websleuths and make a wild accusation against Burke, an accusation that no one has ever heard before, with no backup whatsoever just because of the situation Burke finds himself in now.

There is plenty to talk about with the evidence presented on CBS. The docu-series can keep us talking for years to come if we want to do so.

Thank you for your participation and for your polite posting.

You all are very impressive.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Anyway, even if I have a few problems with what was said on the show I am happy that some intelligent people finally had the guts to TELL IT LIKE IT IS. Bravo for that, it felt si good.

I am definitely not a H. Lee fan.... but he gave some pretty good tips re further dna testing on those items...I just HOPE evidence wasn\t tampered with on purpose when M. Lacy was in charge. Untying those knots and testing the cord for DNA is an interesting idea. Worth a try! IMO The problem remains... is there someone willing to do it?

are you kidding me

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/c921605802d5086911a1a34780225a4d

Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey? unearths some bizarre evidence that suggests housekeeper Linda Hoffman Pugh and “Santa Claus suspect” Bill McReynolds should have been further investigated.

The two-part special on CNN offshoot channel HLN looks more deeply into alternative theories than this week’s explosive The Case Of JonBenet Ramsey.

:nevermind:

The story that one of the Ramseys killed JonBenet (accidentally or on purpose) that night, then the three of them covering it up, is a story you could drive a truck through, and back it up at an angle. And still not hit anything.

You have to be blind to a lot of basic things to believe it. When you stack all the improbables next to each other, the story looks close to impossible to swallow. jmo

But if you say:
There was no obvious footsteps outside,
pineapple "something, something",
highly unlikely they got in through the back window,
Burke (accidentally) hit JonBenet with a gold club over a year before,
Burke looks funny
they got lawyered up (how dare they)
etc

Why then, they just got to be the ones!

I am definitely not a H. Lee fan.... but he gave some pretty good tips re further dna testing on those items...I just HOPE evidence wasn\t tampered with on purpose when M. Lacy was in charge. Untying those knots and testing the cord for DNA is an interesting idea. Worth a try! IMO The problem remains... is there someone willing to do it?

I tried to post after the conclusion of the CBS show around midnight (which I thought was amazing) and bam, nothing. Was there a crash or something?
I was up till 5am and still no life at WB's and I was not here at all yesterday, so I need to catch up.

Madeline, Dr. Lee lost some creditability with me after he testified in the Michael Peterson (Staircase Murder) case and spit out a mouthful of ketchup, bla, bla, bla.
He is very smart and knows his shizz and I agreed with him and I hope they are able to re-test. I'm with you in thinking the evidence being tampered with and I would
not be surprised at all if it goes *poof* and conveniently vanishes into the Ramsey abyss.

The story that one of the Ramseys killed JonBenet (accidentally or on purpose) that night, then the three of them covering it up, is a story you could drive a truck through, and back it up at an angle.

You have to be blind to a lot of basic things to believe it. When you stack all the improbables next to each other, the story looks close to impossible to swallow

But if you say:
There was no obvious footsteps outside,
pineapple "something, something",
highly unlikely they got in through the back window,
Burke (accidentally) hit JonBenet with a gold club over a year before,
Burke looks funny
they got lawyered up (how dare they)
etc

Why then, they just got to be the ones!

Okay, you are attacking people's response to the evidence, but where is your counter evidence? Attacking an opinion isn't evidence either. Look at the evidence, then come back with your theory of the crime.

are you kidding me

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/c921605802d5086911a1a34780225a4d

Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey? unearths some bizarre evidence that suggests housekeeper Linda Hoffman Pugh and “Santa Claus suspect” Bill McReynolds should have been further investigated.

The two-part special on CNN offshoot channel HLN looks more deeply into alternative theories than this week’s explosive The Case Of JonBenet Ramsey.

:nevermind:

"Police found the same brand of duct-tape used to cover JonBenet’s mouth in the Pughs’ home."

"If they covered up for Burke, they would have had to tie a nylon cord tightly around JonBenet’s neck and calmly stage a crime scene in the basement. Mrs Ramsey would have had to painstakingly write a two-and-a-half page ransom note in handwriting so different to her own that it has never been definitely matched.
Then they would have had to spend years crying and lying to TV cameras and teaching their child to lie, too. All this when the boy was too young to go to prison in the state anyway."

IDI seems confused lately. The year started with them pointing fingers at Helgoth again. Then BR thinks it wad a pedo. Then comes JR saying it was someone punishing HIM. As crazy as it sounds I think JR developed some sort of MSBP after the crime. It is all about Him Him Him
Now they are back to pointing at the maid and Santa.

wow. So posters on ffj were right when saying there is somehing else in the bowl with the pineapple. Now we know it was milk and it was Jb who liked it that way. - Madeleine

Ya, been looking at that white bowl for years.

Okay, you are attacking people's response to the evidence, but where is your counter evidence? Attacking an opinion isn't evidence either. Look at the evidence, then come back with your theory of the crime.

There is some evidence that might point toward the Ramseys. The ransom note needs explaining, for instance. Why they did not wake up when JB was taken from her bedroom (how close is her room to her parents?). Who's idea was it to ring the police since the ransom note specifically said not to under threat of death for JB.

But there is nothing connecting them to her killing - except theories - with next to no evidence.

I have already asked how it was that the parents stayed up for nearly 40 hours and no-one mentioned their condition at that time. People who think they did it, just don't want to look at these inconvenient flaws in telling the story. John and Patsy would have been paranoid Burke Ramsey would say something. Yet they sent him to a neighbors in the morning. Doesn't follow. Doesn't make sense. Having the narrow window as the only entry and exit. Why? Didn't the Ramsey house have any doors? This is ignored. The pineapple. I couldn't make out the picture on it's own. Looked like apples or pear pieces to me. Burke was looking intently at that pic trying to figure it out, not avoiding it. Burke was not with us watching the show prior to seeing the pic having it all explained to him by the forensics people. Like we were. Get it? We were manipulated as viewers. We were set up on that. Remember the woman said he was suspicious about it, and why did he avoid saying it was THE PINEAPPLES. Straight after we had it all explained to us. If I were him, I wouldn't have clearly known what the pic was either. They were dishonestly tricking the viewer. jmo

Just stuff like that.

I finally feel closure in this case, and I am left with an immense feeling of sadness for John, Patsy, and Burke. - Amonet

ditto.

Oh, and I'd be interested in evidence that ties any of the Ramseys to the actual killing. She wasn't killed with a notepad, or a piece of pineapple, either. So try not to include them. And the lawyer didn't kill her. So getting lawyered up isn't evidence, either. Neither are cobwebs. Or not looking right.

I highly doubt Helgoth or another "run of the mill" lowlife would take 35-45 minutes to write a ransom saga using words and phrases like"attache' " "and hence" and "foreign faction" :scared: The one thing that cements it into my mind that it is RDI, is PR most certainly wrote that letter... (Well, and then of course all of their actions thereafter).

Maybe JR feels like God is punishing him? He had already lost one child, his youngest child was murdered by his immediate family member(s), Patsy died young of ovarian cancer, and he lost a most of the money and prestige he had built during his life just to keep up this charade for the past 20 years.... and, the majority of people still do not believe the lies

Originally Posted by cobalt sky:
According to a tweet by Lin Wood, "He [Burke] knew CBS accusations were coming & felt he should exercise his right of reasonable response. Has never wanted public status." So, if true, the timing of the DP show was in response to the upcoming CBS special, as opposed to strategically scheduled to maximize ratings. Just as we suspected here on WS before the show aired. IMO.

Bringing this over from the other thread.

If there's any legal eagles reading, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it true that once someone chooses to talk to media they become a public figure whether they want the status of being a public figure or not?

I finally feel closure in this case, and I am left with an immense feeling of sadness for John, Patsy, and Burke. - Amonet

ditto.

It is tragic no doubt it's JonBenet I feel the most sadness for she should be alive today living life to the full at 26.

We're led to believe the strangulation occurred outside the wine cellar I believe. That is where the paint supplies tray was situated, taken there before Christmas by the house help, containing the broken brush tip, and a urine stain was found on the carpet. JonBenet also had urine stains on the fronts of her knickers and her longjohns, suggesting she was laying face down at that point.

What puzzles me, is why JonBenet didn't let go of her bladder when/if she was first struck on the head and fell unconscious so that she appeared to be dead.

It seems likely she had poor bladder control with the frequent bed wetting.

So why won't they test the DNA again if the techniques have come such a long way and the case is still open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie