Found: Missing Cord, Duct Tape!

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
The duct tape, cord & practice ransom note were found, in a trash can, across the street, in an alley, behind Barnhill's house!

Source: Kolar's book (hardcover) Foreign Faction - page 449

The ONLY logical explanation- to stage an intruder & get rid of some evidence to misdirect investigators.

An actual intruder would have zero motive to remove it.

The duct tape, cord & practice ransom note were found, in a trash can, across the street, in an alley, behind Barnhill's house!

The ONLY logical explanation- to stage an intruder & get rid of some evidence to misdirect investigators.

Well, if Kolar said it then it must be true. Let's take it to court

Were the Barnhill's ever suspects? I'm new here.

Thanks, I forgot all about that.

Can someone cut and paste that portion of the book into a text? As much as it makes sense, I would like to see how he sourced that since it has never been reported as evidence that I'm aware of.

I am just going to have to break down and read his book.

I had not heard this before and I followed the case very closely for almost ten years.

I am curious, in context, when was the discovery made, and who made it?

Can someone cut and paste that portion of the book into a text? As much as it makes sense, I would like to see how he sourced that since it has never been reported as evidence that I'm aware of.

5f542268603b77ab39c0e06005655944.jpg
Here ya go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always thought the practice notes were found in the kitchen trash.
I've been under the assumption the cord & duct tape remains were never found.
I missed this nugget the first time I read the book.

5f542268603b77ab39c0e06005655944.jpg
Here ya go!

I interpret this to mean that Kolar wondered if John was looking out the window with binoculars at the trash cans because he had put the duct tape and cord there, not stating that this was actually so. We know that the practice ransom note was found in the Ramsey Kitchen. As far as I have ever learned, the remaining duct tape and cord were not found.

Didn't the CBS special state that 2 practice notes were found?

I interpret this to mean that Kolar wondered if John was looking out the window with binoculars at the trash cans because he had put the duct tape and cord there, not stating that this was actually so. We know that the practice ransom note was found in the Ramsey Kitchen. As far as I have ever learned, the remaining duct tape and cord were not found.

Yes, after reading the passage in context, I think your interpretation is correct.

Dang! I thought there was something new but come to think of it, this may be a theory in one of the other books as well.

Hmmmm you very well be right.

But...

Why would Kolar know exactly where Barnhill's kept their trash cans years later?

Yes, I believe this is what Kolar meant to convey.

For those who think Kolar is an untrustworthy source or would not have a firsthand familiarity with the case, what makes you think that?

Yes, he was speculating, not stating a fact. These items were not found.

Darn it, are you positive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie