Car-pool dummy busted

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
In many respects, Kevin Morgan's carpooling companion is the perfect passenger. He's never late for his ride, he always wears his seat belt, and he doesn't talk incessantly over the radio. But he doesn't have a pulse, and sometimes that can be a major drawback.

Morgan, 28, of Petaluma was slapped with a $351 citation in Marinwood yesterday for driving in a carpool lane with a kickboxing dummy propped up in the passenger seat, the California Highway Patrol said.

20051103__m1103c0310_300.jpg

The dummy, wearing a seatbelt and dressed smartly in a baseball cap and a Miami Dolphins windbreaker, might even have passed for a real human. But CHP Officer Will Thompson couldn't help noticing one minor detail: Morgan's passenger was a torso without legs.

http://www.marinij.com/marin/ci_3178158

From same link
After stopping Morgan, Thompson hauled the torso out of the passenger seat and plunked it down on the freeway shoulder to enlighten the passing commuters.

"I think about the only thing he said was, 'Well, that didn't help me very much today, did it?'" Thompson said. "I said, 'No, it didn't.'
LMAO.gif

That's sooooo funny! I don't understand the whole "carpool lane" thing (I live in a small town) - what's the difference how many people are in the car to use a lane? Is the speed limit different in that lane or something? How do you know where the carpool lane is - is the line on the road a different color or something?? :confused:

SieSie said:
From same link

LMAO.gif

That's sooooo funny! I don't understand the whole "carpool lane" thing (I live in a small town) - what's the difference how many people are in the car to use a lane? Is the speed limit different in that lane or something? How do you know where the carpool lane is - is the line on the road a different color or something?? :confused:

Yes, and I've thought about it myself!!! If you've got more than one person in the car, you get to ride in the carpool lane, which is basically a lane taken from the other direction and turned around just for the rush hour. On the way home, they take a lane from the opposite and do the same. It can save about 30 minutes per direction.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes, and I've thought about it myself!!! If you've got more than one person in the car, you get to ride in the carpool lane, which is basically a lane taken from the other direction and turned around just for the rush hour. On the way home, they take a lane from the opposite and do the same. It can save about 30 minutes per direction.
WHAT?!?! It's the same lane, just different directions depending on what time of day?!?! OMG, I would freak out and drive the wrong way on it, I just know it. Why does it save time - is the speed limit higher? Wow, I'm soooo glad I don't live in a big city or have to do a lot of driving! I'm stressin' just thinkin' about that much traffic!

The CHP (Califonia Highway Patrol) has a large collection of different objects that drivers have used to attempt to use the carpool lane. Lots of different innovations, or at least, attempts to deceive. Every now, and then, they do a story on one, and always drag in the footage of their collection. They catch these people on a fairly regular basis in CA, anf often in the Main County/Golden Gate Bridge area, where grid lock runs rampant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back