IN -Man who crawls from ditch days after fatal crash answers lingering quest

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
www.wlwt.com/article/man-who-crawls...tal-crash-answers-lingering-questions/3702444
Man who crawls from ditch days after fatal crash answers lingering questions
SEYMOUR, Ind. — The man who laid beside his dead girlfriend for three days in a crashed SUV before crawling to safety is explaining some unusual behavior after the wreck.
Questions are also being raised about a text Bell sent to his boss at 10 a.m. that said “Car accident.”
That text went out hours before he crawled out of the wreckage,but there was no call to 911.

One of the most perplexing behaviors came as Bell decided to crawl up the steep ravine after three days in the vehicle. He took with him from the SUV a bag containing two 14-pound bowling balls.

Well, jeeze --- don't forget your stuff ! Smh.

Earlier article : www.wlwt.com/article/man-who-crawls...tal-crash-answers-lingering-questions/3702444

This is an odd one. It would be interesting to know if there was a life insurance policy on Nikki Reed ?
Dateline Facebook is running this story as well.
Maybe nothing more than what it appears to be ? Imo.

Sad for her family .

www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/09/21/man-crawls-fatal-crash-3-days-later/90780302/

www.whas11.com/news/local/indiana/missing-mother-of-3-found-dead-in-jennings-co/322397372

SP says Nikki's boyfriend, Kevin Bell, did survive the crash. He was taken to the hospital. Police say this investigation is still ongoing.

www.wlwt.com/article/man-who-crawls...tal-crash-answers-lingering-questions/3702444
“I was just dazed and shook up,” Kevin Bell said from his room in an Indianapolis Hospital.

www.whas11.com/news/local/indiana/no-foul-play-suspected-in-fatal-jennings-co-crash/325593257
Court documents show ISP filed for a search warrant late last week.

State police said they found no signs of foul play in the wrecked truck.

Just a sad accident.
I can still see why her family might have been concerned !
My utmost condolences to them.
MOO

Rest in gentle peace, Nikki.

Maybe he had head trauma? Concussion?

Hmmm. Maybe a 3 day wait with lab results in mind once evaluated?

He blames her for showing him pics from her phone. He said he told her to drive but he doesn't think she heard him, so he drove. Broken leg but hey; I can't leave behind the bowling balls. Enough cell phone battery to make 1 text. So he texted his boss "Car Accident".

Anyways. R.i.p Ms. Reed.

NM

Btw there are no pics of Kevin Bell on Nikki's FB, nor is there any mention of him at all.

By all means, if I was involved in a fatal car accident I would text my employer before contacting 911. Then, I suppose I would pass out (no 911 call whatsoever?) for 3 days. :thinking:

Thankfully, this man was a quick healer and had enough reserve strength to lug 28 pounds up a steep hill. :facepalm:

NM

Btw there are no pics of Kevin Bell on Nikki's FB, nor is there any mention of him at all.
Wonder if any of Nikki's family and friends recognize Mr Bell? I hope LE doesn't dismiss this as an accident on KB's word alone, concussion or not.

I had a thought about those bowling balls and why Mr. Bell wanted to keep them with him.....

Maybe he's just possessive ? Or some other reason ? Idk.

And maybe I've been watching too many "Dateline" cases.... :thinking:

Investigation continue into missing woman’s death

Wheeles went on to say that Bell “may have been less than truthful with statements he originally made to 9-1-1 operators, as well as to the original responding troopers.” ISP stress that this investigation is ongoing and will be turned over to the prosecutors for review for possible charges against Bell.

http://1010wcsi.com/investigation-continue-into-missing-womans-death/

ETA: There is a lot of info in this article but I had to pick my 10%.

Thanks for the updates, perfecting pink !

A few questions : Was KB actually IN that wrecked car for three days ?
When did KB regain consciousness ?
Was his leg actually broken ?
Any blood or dna from NHR on the bowling balls ?

This could merely be a case of KB wanting to cover his own arse and nothing else.
Just seems odd with the timing of the accident and KB not mentioning his gf was DEAD in the car in the ravine; until he knew that le officers were going to find her there !

According to KB's facebook -- the relationship started in late Aug. 2016. ( NHR's isn't mentioned by her name--just that he posted he was 'in a relationship' -- so it could mean anyone.)

I still find it odd that NHR doesn't mention him in her fb.

Maybe leo are holding him on lesser charges that could be upgraded in the future ?
Nikki's family deserves answers.
:moo:

The plot thickens! And how odd that she went to PA to fetch him- and yet he absent from her fairly active FB account.

Kinda makes you go hmmmm.......

Lots of info here.

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2016/...ys-in-car-loved-girlfriend-who-died/90841186/

The two met online in May,*through a dating app called*MeetMe. Reed came to visit him, traveling from her Seymour, Indiana, home every other weekend to spend*time with Bell. She brought her son with her sometimes, and Bell recalled spending good times with the boy and his mother at Rocky Ridge Park.

He went to Indiana for the Fourth of July. He*met her mother. He fell in love with Nikki. She was getting a divorce, Bell said, and the two had plans to be together once the split was final.

This last trip, Reed drove to York County to pick Bell up because his license had been suspended. He had*been caught previously driving a vehicle without registration, inspection or insurance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back