GUILTY NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #2

Kimberlyd125

Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet
Reaction score
I think this is relevant info since he threatened to kill his wife and child with the same gun (it seems) less than a year ago.

http://myfox8.com/2016/09/27/court-records-show-keith-scotts-wife-filed-for-restraining-order/

WSOC also obtained a domestic violence protective order that Scott’s wife took out on him last year. The order, filed in Gaston County, said that Scott hit his child in the head with his fist, kicked his wife and threatened to kill them with his gun.

It also claimed that Scott told his family that “he’s a killer and they should know that.”

*** on the order, there is a question that asks if she feels there is any reason a law enforcement officer should consider him a threat. She checked yes.

The 2004 restraining order was issued in Mecklenburg County.

In the order, Rakeyia wrote "My husband Keith Scott assaulted me several times by stabbing me in the back almost puncturing my lungs, he sliced me ear and bruised my body."

After the incident, Scott faced charges for Intent to Kill, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Assault on a Child under 12, Assault on a Female.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/new-revelations-in-keith-scott-case_/326922047

We knew their was an assault on a child under 12. It must have been this 2004 incident.

After seeing that she checked the yes box to the question about him being a threat to law enforcement, I think I now understand her yelling "Keith, don't do it!" right before the shots.

This won't be good for her if she files a civil suit IMO.

I think the issue that is the most incompetent on the part of authorities is that Rakeiya Scott TOLD them in her application for the restraining order Oct 2015, that he had a black 9mm gun. At that point in time, KS was definitely a convicted felon, and prohibited by federal law from owning a gun, or having any guns in the house. No one apparently ever followed up on that, and there was AT LEAST one 8 year old child involved and living in the home. The one he punched in the head several times, and probably the child he was waiting for at the "bus stop".

(RS likely misidentified the .380 as a .9mm, but that's semantics, as it is also possible he had more than one gun illegally.)

The .380 colt was also definitely a stolen weapon, sold to Keith Scott illegally, and the seller is in custody.

The gun that Keith Scott had on him during the deadly shooting was reported stolen after a breaking and entering, police said.

The breaking and entering suspect told ATF Agents that he sold the gun to Scott.

The suspect is in custody.

http://abc11.com/news/man-shot-by-police-was-sold-stolen-gun-authorities-say/1527591/

"Multiple sources" tell WBTV the gun Charlotte police say they found on Keith Scott after he was fatally shot by an officer had been reported stolen. Not only that, but sources say the man who allegedly stole the gun in a burglary claims he sold it to Scott.

http://www.newser.com/story/231740/gun-allegedly-found-on-keith-scott-was-stolen-sources.html

I think the issue that is the most incompetent on the part of authorities is that Rakeiya Scott TOLD them in her application for the restraining order Oct 2015, that he had a black 9mm gun. At that point in time, KS was definitely a convicted felon, and prohibited by federal law from owning a gun, or having any guns in the house. No one apparently ever followed up on that, and there was AT LEAST one 8 year old child involved and living in the home. The one he punched in the head several times, and probably the child he was waiting for at the "bus stop".

(RS likely misidentified the .380 as a .9mm, but that's semantics, as it is also possible he had more than one gun illegally.)

The .380 colt was also definitely a stolen weapon, sold to Keith Scott illegally, and the seller is in custody.

http://abc11.com/news/man-shot-by-police-was-sold-stolen-gun-authorities-say/1527591/

http://www.newser.com/story/231740/gun-allegedly-found-on-keith-scott-was-stolen-sources.html

.380 ACP metric size is 9mm. It's is also known as 9mm Corto (Spanish for short), 9mm Kurz(German for short) and 9mm Short. So it is a 9mm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.380_ACP

In Gaston County in 2015, a magistrate judge issued a protective order the same day that Ms. Scott filed the complaint stating that Mr. Scott owned a firearm.

“He has a 9mm and threatened to use it last night,” Ms. Scott wrote. “He does not have a permit, he is a felon.”

While living in South Carolina in the 1990s, Mr. Scott was charged with a number of offenses including check fraud, aggravated assault and carrying a concealed weapon, according to court records. Later, he moved to Texas, where he shot and wounded a man in San Antonio in 2002. He was convicted and sentenced, in 2005, to seven years in prison, records show. He was released in 2011.

Gaston County records show that a deputy sheriff was unable to serve Mr. Scott with the October 2015 protective order before a court appearance, when a District Court judge extended it by one week. The judge, who concluded that Mr. Scott had “committed acts of domestic violence,” ordered him to keep away from Ms. Scott and forbade him to visit any schools where their children were enrolled.

Officials were unable to serve Mr. Scott with that order, either, because he had moved from North Carolina, a court filing said. But by Oct. 16, Ms. Scott filed a new notice with the court and asked to end the case.

“He is no longer a threat to me and my family,” she wrote.

In a separate interview last week, Mr. Bamberg said Ms. Scott had been unaware that her husband owned a firearm. On Tuesday, Mr. Bamberg said she did not believe he had had a firearm since his return home in January from a long hospital stay.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/keith-lamont-scott-charlote-police-shooting.html?_r=0

BBM

I feel physically ill when I think of the kind of influence those kids were surrounded by over the years at their home. What did they learn from their parents? Can the bad be unlearned now?

Sounds like your everyday (name calling like this is inflammatory) Still changes nothing. The question is.. Was he an immediate threat in the moment he was shot and killed?

.380 ACP metric size is 9mm. It's is also known as 9mm Corto (Spanish for short), 9mm Kurz(German for short) and 9mm Short. So it is a 9mm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.380_ACP

Yes, many people mistake a .380 for a .9mm. The casings are nearly the same diameter, but the .380 is shorter than a typical .9mm round.

By the way, they are not interchangeable in guns, despite their similarity. You can't fire a .9mm round in a gun designed for .380. Most folks who are knowledgeable about handguns know that. The magazines are different, and can't be loaded with the "wrong" ammunition-- it won't feed properly. And the magazines have to "fit" the weapon-- so you can't use a 9mm ruger magazine in a .380 colt weapon, for example.

Yes, many people mistake a .380 for a .9mm. The casings are nearly the same diameter, but the .380 is shorter than a typical .9mm round.

By the way, they are not interchangeable in guns, despite their similarity. You can't fire a .9mm round in a gun designed for .380. Most folks who are knowledgeable about handguns know that. The magazines are different, and can't be loaded with the "wrong" ammunition-- it won't feed properly.
Yet 9s have remarkably better ballistics, despite the close size.

Police have not said how much of Scott's criminal history they knew before the shooting, but Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney said in a news conference Saturday that officers knew it was unlawful for Scott to possess a gun.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/new-revelations-in-keith-scott-case_/326706427

They would have to have identified who he was to make that determination, IMO. They definitely looked him up beforethey approached him, IMO-- and I think we will hear about that when the investigation is concluded.

Yet 9s have remarkably better ballistics, despite the close size.

Agree. More powder in the rounds, longer barrel in most 9's. Those little pocket .380s are harsh, nasty little handguns. They hurt to shoot them, and they are not terribly accurate except in very close quarters (like, less than 15 feet).

**But they are very easy to conceal, which is why some like them.

Sounds like your everyday . Still changes nothing. The question is.. Was he an immediate threat in the moment he was shot and killed?

And the obvious answer would be YES. He was a violent man who was impulsive, armed with a loaded and cocked gun, had just smoked pot, was on pain pills, had a head injury, and did not want to be arrested. He refused a dozen commands to drop the loaded weapon. Cops probably ran his license plate and knew he was a felon. Can you say that he was not a danger?

And how is he an 'everyday' . It is not every day they come across a man who threatened his family with a gun, punched his 8 yr old boy in the head, and said stabbed his wife in the back a few times. That is far form an every day scum bag. That is a violent and dangerous criminal and he made his own choices that day. I cannot believe how people are standing up for him.

Thank you K_Z for your well written post above and addressing the real issue here, the police were lied to by Keith Scott's wife!

We need to be able to address the real issue here. In many of these cases involving the police, lies are told by the family of the person who was shot. We can all see it and hear it just as the gun was claimed to be a book. Yet a book was not found, however, a gun was found with Keith Scott's fingerprints on it.

Due to the lies that were told, look what Charlotte has suffered. When will people learn to stop lying? The truth in most cases will be discovered, so why start off by telling a lie?

<modsnip>

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni