IL IL - Chicago, WhtFem Skeletal UP11647, 60-70, in ditch along I-94, Nov'05

Auggie21

Reaction score
The Cook County Medical Examiner's office today confirmed it had identified some bones found under a disabled semi-trailer truck on Chicago's Far South Side as being human.

The bones were wedged under the semi after it was knocked into a water runoff ditch after a minor accident Friday on the Bishop Ford Freeway near the 12200 block of East South Doty Avenue. After the truck was towed out of the ditch, firefighters hosed off the debris and discovered the bones.

Authorities said the bones were wrapped in canvas and rope and covered with debris.

Chicago Police spokeswoman JoAnn Taylor said Sunday it was not clear whether the remains came from the truck or already were in the ditch, which was several feet deep.

The medical examiner's office said further examination was needed to determine the cause of death and to identify the age and gender of the dead person.

Interesting! maye the accident revealed these remains that otherwise would have been found. Hopefully they can match DNA and discover the identity of this poor soul.

I wonder if they will be able to figure out if they were in the ditch or stowed under the semi body. Dont want to rule out that the semi driver could be involved.

lostfaith said:
I wonder if they will be able to figure out if they were in the ditch or stowed under the semi body. Dont want to rule out that the semi driver could be involved.

If it was attached to the trailor, the driver could actually be innocent. A semit will usually pick up a trailor, move it to where ever, unhook and hook up to a new trailor.
I had never thought of it before, but actually, that would be a good way to get rid of a body.
If attached to a trailor, then they will have to trace everywhere that trailor has been, try to match the body to any missing from those areas, and then try to find the murderer. And the body could have been there recently or for many years.

mysteriew said:
If it was attached to the trailor, the driver could actually be innocent. A semit will usually pick up a trailor, move it to where ever, unhook and hook up to a new trailor.
I had never thought of it before, but actually, that would be a good way to get rid of a body.
If attached to a trailor, then they will have to trace everywhere that trailor has been, try to match the body to any missing from those areas, and then try to find the murderer. And the body could have been there recently or for many years.

:doh: I never thought about switching the trailors. But it could have been under the other part, the cab. More than likely it was in the ditch already. Can you imagine, the perp. is probably chitting bricks. :D

Keith Jesperson, the happy face killer ran over his victim with a semi. She was oblilterated(sp).She was still dead. Some were road kill to him. He had a problem with women in general. He felt they were about using him.

Creepy. If anything ever happens to me, and if it's true the dead can speak, then believe me, I will be found too.

mysteriew said:
Okay, you're starting to scare me, M...

I hope they identify them quickly so some poor family has some closure.:(

Just goes to show there are missing people everywhere... places we can't even begin to think about looking.

shadowangel said:
Okay, you're starting to scare me, M...

LOL, my theory is that with enough provocation- everyone is capable of killing. Me too. Now it is up to you to decide if I've actually done it!

I am curious to see if the bones were with the semi or just happened to be in the ground at that spot already. Last time I read that had not been established.

mysteriew said:
LOL, my theory is that with enough provocation- everyone is capable of killing. Me too. Now it is up to you to decide if I've actually done it!

You can bet the farm that you have never harmed a fly!!!! No one with your dedication to putting all of these stories out here for all of us to get educated is about criminal activity but just the opposite....letting us know what activity there is and ways to recognize it. You are one of my heroes...along with Jimmy Carter and a few others.

mysteriew said:
Only with kindness, I'm sure. :blowkiss:

concernedperson said:
Keith Jesperson, the happy face killer ran over his victim with a semi. She was oblilterated(sp).She was still dead. Some were road kill to him. He had a problem with women in general. He felt they were about using him.
C.P., When I originally read this thread, Kieth Allen Jesperson is the first person who popped in my head. I wouldn't put it past him to have secured a body to the bottom of a trailer. He has said he killed way more than the police know about and that they don't take him seriously. Anyone know any more news about this?

concernedperson said:
You can bet the farm that you have never harmed a fly!!!! No one with your dedication to putting all of these stories out here for all of us to get educated is about criminal activity but just the opposite....letting us know what activity there is and ways to recognize it. You are one of my heroes...along with Jimmy Carter and a few others.

Sorry CP, I just saw your post. LOL, much as would like to believe I would never kill another- I know that with enough provocation any person is capable of killing. Even the most innocent. I have never killed anyone, though I came close once. That is when I came to realize that the only difference between a murderer and me is the amount of provocation it would take to get me to kill.
I do thank you for the kind words though.

Hollow said:
C.P., When I originally read this thread, Kieth Allen Jesperson is the first person who popped in my head. I wouldn't put it past him to have secured a body to the bottom of a trailer. He has said he killed way more than the police know about and that they don't take him seriously. Anyone know any more news about this?

Welcome to WS!
Good question Hollow. I did some searching and found an article which I think is about the same remains.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/5294155/detail.html

Authorities are investigating the discovery of human remains made last week at a Far South Side location.

The bones were found at about 10:49 a.m. Friday as a tow-truck driver was dragging a semitrailer truck out of a ditch. The southbound truck that went into the ditch had swerved off the freeway and crashed through a fence.

The bones were found wrapped in plastic inside a canvas bag, NBC5's Lisa Tutman reported.

The Doty Avenue address was two miles north along the freeway from where bones that appeared to have been from a 14-year-old were found in late April. Police initially thought those bones belonged to one of the Bradley sisters, who mysteriously disappeared in July 2001. However, that turned out not to be the case.

A forensic anthropoligist is scheduled to examine the newly discovered bones next month. But in the meantime, local authorities have begun trying to determine the age and sex of the person who died.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/5294155/detail.html

Dr. Clyde Snow, of Oklahoma City, the chief anthropologist used by the medical examiner's office, was scheduled to examine the bones next month. In the meantime, another expert was working on determining the age and gender of the person from the remains, Morris said.

Schuler said Wednesday that police were continuing to conduct a death investigation and that the medical examiner's office had not provided an update on its investigation.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/5291717/detail.html

The Cook County Medical Examiner's office says it has identified some bones found under a disabled semi truck on Chicago's Far South Side as being human.

The bones were wedged under the semi after it was knocked into a water runoff ditch after a minor accident in Chicago's Riverdale community on Friday.

After the truck was towed out of the ditch, Chicago firefighters hosed off the debris and discovered the bones. Authorities said they were wrapped in canvas and rope and covered with debris.
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_311072327.html

So one mystery set of bones leads to another mystery set of bones.

Investigators may have ruled out a link between human bones found on Chicago's South Side and two high-profile missing children cases.

Forensic experts say the bones are those of a white or Hispanic girl in her early teens. That would rule out a connection to either Tionda or Diamond Bradley, sisters who disappeared in July of 2001 from their South Side home.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4455548/detail.html

A spokesman for the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office said the bones appear to be those of a girl in her early teens, but said there were no definite answers.

Officials said world-renowned forensics expert Clyde Snow is headed to Chicago to help analyze the remains.
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4437658/detail.html

Human bones have been found on Chicago's South Side, prompting local and federal investigations, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Saturday.

Chicago police and FBI have been conducting excavations in the area since the bones were found by a railroad worker Thursday near tracks at 13060 S. Indiana.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?feed=TopNews&article=UPI-1-20050430-16482500-bc-us-bones.xml

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050430-041439-3389r.htm

In searching for this info, I noted that there have been several instances of bones being found in the last few years.

Here is another set found in Nov. 2005

Workers on Chicago's South Side found skeletal remains Wednesday morning where a building was torn down in 1998, police said.

One of the workers uncovered what appeared to be a pelvis while digging a trench for plumbing around 8:30 a.m., said Benjamin Van Horne, 30, who bought the property in the 6600 block of South Maryland Avenue at a tax auction in 2003.

Detective Maverick Porter said it was too early to confirm whether the bones were human or to determine a cause of death.

Only the concrete walls for the foundation of a building had been poured at the site, where a bone that looked like a femur and what appeared to be rib bones were also found.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...1,3507840.story?coll=chi-newslocalchicago-hed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back