I believe I found an unidentified match.

cinders

Reaction score
A gentleman by the name of Benjamin Anthony Manley was last heard from August 20, 2014 in Baltimore Maryland. I have seen his mother post on FB that her son was missing and she was told that he died of an overdose and never heard from him again. I look on NamUs and see an unidentified male found in the early part of September, decomposing with a tattoo his mother believes could be him. Mr. Manley was not in NamUs but this unidentified man is, what is the process of releasing pictures, DNA etc to identify either way if this is her son.

A gentleman by the name of Benjamin Anthony Manley was last heard from August 20, 2014 in Baltimore Maryland. I have seen his mother post on FB that her son was missing and she was told that he died of an overdose and never heard from him again. I look on NamUs and see an unidentified male found in the early part of September, decomposing with a tattoo his mother believes could be him. Mr. Manley was not in NamUs but this unidentified man is, what is the process of releasing pictures, DNA etc to identify either way if this is her son.
I would encourage the mother to file a missing person report with her local authorities (if she hasn't already, if she has, have her reach out to her contact) and have her give them everything that she has on her son, then have her bring the UID NamUs ID to their attention and explain to them why she feels it may be a match. I find when a family does the contacting, it's taken more seriously, but that's just my observation.

She has sent them pictures and tattoo info. She says there needs to be a court order to allow her to look at the pictures. I was just hoping that there was a way to expedite the process.

She has sent them pictures and tattoo info. She says there needs to be a court order to allow her to look at the pictures. I was just hoping that there was a way to expedite the process.
I'm not aware of anyway to expedite the process myself, maybe someone else can weigh in on it. She really should start with an mp report (again, if she hasn't already) and folks on here can help with building a NamUs case file, if needed. If she does this, and it turns out those remains are not her son, he will be on file and can be compared to other UPs.

I'm going to ask Roselvr to join this thread. She will probably be able to help out.

Send me a PM with what I need to connect on FB. We'll get him listed

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here. Who told her that he passed from OD'ing? Sounds like she didn't see his remains?
The easiest and fastest way would be for her to file a police report that he's missing but it's not required with NamUs. Anyone can make an account on the missing site to enter someone. Unidentified person's has requirements where you have to be the LE or ME.
You would need his vitals (height, weight), date/ place (including county) missing from. Here is the 1st person listed as missing in Maryland to give you an idea of what's needed. I'm unsure what the requirements are with DNA these days. It used to be anyone entered can have a sample but I've heard that they stopped that. I haven't had a chance to ask someone else I know.

How are you making out? Did you enter him in NamUs? Was her son homeless like they feel the Doe was?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back