This teenager was walking for hours to and from work — until a police stop changed hi

Wyle_E_Coyote

Northern Virginia
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-cop-who-buys-him-bike/?tid=pm_local_pop_b

Duncan told Keffer he was walking back to his parents’ home in Vallejo. He had just gotten off from his job at Pro-Form Laboratories, where the teen worked on the packaging line from 3 p.m. until around midnight.

“Vallejo? That’s like seven miles away,” Keffer said he remembered saying to Duncan.

Soon, he had cleared out the passenger seat in his patrol car and offered Duncan a ride home.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Awesome story! It put a huge smile on my face. This young man will go places, we need more people in this world like him. Still smiling.....

Awesome story! It put a huge smile on my face. This young man will go places, we need more people in this world like him. Still smiling.....

I read similar stories every week where in a city somewhere in our country a police officer or officers have done the most selfless acts of kindness in order to help others. Most of them they never knew before a chance encounter that changed both of their lives for the better.

There are actually so many of the stories just like this beautiful story that it would be nice if we had one thread to put them all in since they are happening so often between those living in the communities and the police officers who serve them there. The only way you can be aware of them all sometimes is by running across local news stories where they happened or someone who was from the specific location puts the link of the local articles up on social media sites Facebook and others. Many have brought tears to my eyes, both for the one who received the acts of kindness and their story, and the many officers who do these beautiful acts much more often than many may ever think they do. Many of them aren't even discovered and those that are it sometimes takes months for the acts of kindness to be known publicly because the officers usually do them and move on to do them again without ever telling anyone.

I think the reason this one got the exposure it deserves is because the company he worked for was a part of the reason the police officers were able to surprise him with his brand new bike. He sounds like an exceptional young man and I wish him the very best life has to offer. :heart:

He has got the drive, will, and the determination to have a strong work ethic, even at such a young age, which will only deepen and carry him far.I think he will succeed at doing great things in his life. I hope the media keeps up with this young man as he goes on to even bigger and better things.

Articles about acts of selfless kindness are my favorite. They are all so uplifting, unifying, heartwarming, and positive instead of being filled with so much negativity like we usually see that seems to only separate us as a country rather than bringing us all together.

I hope he becomes an inspiration to all young men and women to follow. It is people like this young gentleman who can change the lives of others by the positive steps they see him take, including the sacrifices, in order to succeed in life. This ethic will carryover into his personal relationships as well, imo. He will also put as much effort into those as he does achieving his work goals.

God bless him. We need many more just like him.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back