NamUs

Doe Network

Charley Project

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: November 25, 1993 from Phoenix, Arizona
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: September 30, 1957
• Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'3, 120 - 130 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Binford's right index finger is missing. She has a tattoo of the name "Michael" on the back of her right shoulder. Binford may go by the first name Annette.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black collarless three-quarter sleeve dress shirt with ruffles on the cuffs and buttons up the back, a pink miniskirt and shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Binford was last seen in the vicinity of 21st Avenue and Campbell Avenue in Phoenix, Arizona at 6:00 a.m. on November 25, 1993. She was seen getting into a small white two-door vehicle driven by an unidentified Caucasian male. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. Foul play is suspected in Binford's disappearance.

Daughter of woman gone 23 years helps announce Missing in Arizona Day

Next month, it will be 23 years since Patricia Williams’ mother went missing.

Williams was 19 when her mother, Aussie Binford, disappeared from the family’s home near 23rd and Campbell avenues in west Phoenix. Binford was last seen getting into a white car driven by an unknown man.

Today, Williams is 42. She has hoped for answers every day since Nov. 25, 1993.

“I was an only child, so it was really just me and her,” Williams said of her mother. “We were very close. It’s still a bitter pill to swallow.”

Binford's birthday was Sept. 30, the day before Williams spoke to reporters to promote Missing in Arizona Day.

“It was intense,” Williams said of the day Binford disappeared. “I’m still hopeful, not that we’ll have some great reunion, but that we’ll finally get some closure.”

Aussie Binford.jpg

Original

Original

New photos form nameus

info on Aussie Antionette Binford – The Charley Project

Thoughts on Aussie possibly being this victim of serial killer Samuel Little, killed in Las Vegas in 1993?

NOV 29, 2021
Missing in Arizona: Police still investigating 1993 disappearance of Phoenix woman (fox10phoenix.com)
The Thanksgiving disappearance of a Phoenix woman just passed its 28-year anniversary.

[...]

Binford disappeared in 1993
[...]

"She was loved," Williams said. "She was a mom, a sister, a grandmother. Now my son never even got to know her, how wonderful she was. It kills me 'cause I share with him the stories about her and just how wonderful the person she was and he'll never experience her."

[...]

Binford was last seen on Thanksgiving
[...]

"'Don't y'all eat without me, I'll be right back,' those were her words," her daughter remembered. "'I'll be right back, don't start eating without me.'"

Family members even saved a plate for Binford, but this would be the last time Williams saw her mother again, leaving a relative's home in the area of 21st and Campbell Avenues.

"She got in, like, this little light-colored car with a Caucasian man," said Williams. "She got in the car and she left. Wherever she was going, she thought she was coming right back."

New detective took over case in 2012
[...]

Det. Somershoe took over the case in 2012. By then, Binford's case had turned cold.

"We lack a body. We lack a scene. We lack all the traditional elements of a crime," said Det. Somershoe.

Det. Somershoe says Binford did live a high-risk lifestyle. He suspects foul play, but the challenge is discovering what happened once Binford got into that car, where she went next, and who exactly was last to see her.

[...]

As investigation continues, a family waits
[...]

"We've collected DNA from her family. We have a DNA profile for Aussie. It's been uploaded in the CODIS, and so that's regularly compared to unidentified remains that are found," said Det. Somershoe.

[...]

"There are cases that I take home with me and I think about at night, keep me awake at night, and Aussie's is one of them," said Det. Somershoe.

"Before I leave this world, I wanna know what happened to her," said Williams.

[...]

Missing in Arizona: Police still investigating 1993 disappearance of Phoenix woman

Like every Thanksgiving, Binford and her loved ones gathered together as a family, but around 6 a.m., she stepped out.

"'Don't y'all eat without me, I'll be right back,' those were her words," her daughter remembered. "'I'll be right back, don't start eating without me.'"

Family members even saved a plate for Binford, but this would be the last time Williams saw her mother again, leaving a relative's home in the area of 21st and Campbell Avenues.

"She got in, like, this little light-colored car with a Caucasian man," said Williams. "She got in the car and she left. Wherever she was going, she thought she was coming right back."

Being local, I just read this article. The thing about AZ is there is so much desert... I hope they find out more, and thankful for the detective still working this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back