The Sidebar - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
A place for general discussion about the trial when trial is not in session. We have a long weekend and trial won't resume until next week so this is a spot for you to hang out, relax, and discuss your thoughts on what has transpired thus far.

I'll lay out some snacks,

tlcya

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• finger foods.jpg
    finger foods.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 440
  • deserts.jpg
    deserts.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 431
  • soda.jpg
    soda.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 429
  • coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 427
I don't see a martini in that delicious spread, tlcya :gasp::toastred:

Thank you for the snacks and coffee. As long as I've been on WS (I first came here because of Cooper), I've never revealed that I'm a coffee addict. Now you know.

I am pulling this over from the trial thread, but unfortunately I do not know how to officially quote it.

Post# 1030 by collete:
Even though he has made this trip many times, the trip still takes longer than the LE says it does. If they have such a good case, why do they have to lie about many facts? That is the problem with this case. Also Harris usually went to CFA drive thru so things were different that day.

Respectfully, the trip is that short. While LE has been less than truthful about many things that have been released, it is .6 miles from CFA to the Tree House. The 0.6 miles includes an extra 0.1 mile for making the U-turn to avoid the center median. It is about 0.15 miles, including the U-turn, from CFA to the middle of the intersection. It is less than 0.1 miles from the CFA exit until the turn lane starts. I have driven through that intersection over 1,000 times (twice a day for 4+ years), and I can assure you that it is just as close as LE says that it is. In fact, I think that the State did a terrible job during the opening statements with not conveying to the jury exactly how close the turn lane is to the CFA exit. The turn lane is actually immediately in front of the CFA exit, but Ross had to backtrack about 100-150 yards to avoid the median.

OMG tlcya - I'm soooo hungry now. I'll see y'all on Monday! :crush: :cupcake: :whine: Thank you!

I consider myself an agnostic at this point when it comes to whether RH intentionally left Cooper in the car.

While the close distance between CF and where RH parked for work makes it seem that it would be impossible for him to forget Cooper, we don't know what was going on in RH's mind during that whole morning.

While he may have been going through the motions of taking care of Cooper (taking him to breakfast, etc), that doesn't mean that his mind was focused on those tasks. He could have been completely preoccupied with something else. If he wasn't deeply mentally engaged with his son that morning, and merely just "going through the motions" so to speak, then it seems plausible to me that his mind did drift away from Cooper during that short drive.

If that was the case, then it shouldn't matter if it was a 1 minute drive, or a 10 minute drive to the day care.

True.....he may have been preoccupied with sexting underage girls and its very hard to keep your mind on your child when you have other more important things to think about.

Something that just crossed my mind...if you truly, accidentally left your child in the car, then were arrested, denied bail, had very personal info spread publicly about you, and also had police stating false evidence against you(surely RH knows if he searched these things) I think MOST people would have filed a lawsuit or something by this point. I haven't followed the case too closely after the beginning, was RH said he absolutely didn't search those things? Do defendants have to wait until after trial to file a lawsuit?

True.....he may have been preoccupied with sexting underage girls and its very hard to keep your mind on your child when you have other more important things to think about.

Sick irony that he was so concerned about sending lewd pictures to other people's children but couldn't remember his own!:gaah:

I consider myself an agnostic at this point when it comes to whether RH intentionally left Cooper in the car.

While the close distance between CF and where RH parked for work makes it seem that it would be impossible for him to forget Cooper, we don't know what was going on in RH's mind during that whole morning.

While he may have been going through the motions of taking care of Cooper (taking him to breakfast, etc), that doesn't mean that his mind was focused on those tasks. He could have been completely preoccupied with something else. If he wasn't deeply mentally engaged with his son that morning, and merely just "going through the motions" so to speak, then it seems plausible to me that his mind did drift away from Cooper during that short drive.

If that was the case, then it shouldn't matter if it was a 1 minute drive, or a 10 minute drive to the day care.

Then taking Cooper to daycare could also be "going through the motions" as well. Just something he did, he took Cooper to daycare other days, it was part of his routine (from time to time). Again, it's not like forgetting your coffee in the car, I'm sure he would have remembered that, but not his son?

One thought that keeps coming back to me is the way he was "acting"... Very distressed one minute, quiet the next... Alternating between these two reactions. Many witnesses have reported this behavior of going from one extreme to the next.

It's occurred to me that it reminds me of another hot car death in recent memory- the past 5 years or so. I'm sorry I cannot recall the names but the circumstances were a mother ( and I'm thinking it was a single mom or mom In a same-sex couple) did forget her little boy in the car when she went to work. Not sure, but I'm thinking she was a health care worker or emt or something like this--- she discovered the boy in her car, dead, after a long workday... But the part I recall clearly was the 911 call. A bystander called 911' and on the recording you can hear the mother Screaming Crying, In Agony, then... Silence... Then again, the Screaming, Crying, Agony.... Silence..... Many times this went on. It was explained that she was performing cpr on her boy.

When she was administering breaths she was silent, but between breaths she went into "mom mode" and was grief and terror stricken. so my question is, does anyone else recall this case? Does anyone think RH may have heard of this case and been trying to 'copy' this woman's reaction?

Then taking Cooper to daycare could also be "going through the motions" as well. Just something he did, he took Cooper to daycare other days, it was part of his routine (from time to time). Again, it's not like forgetting your coffee in the car, I'm sure he would have remembered that, but not his son?

Well... maybe it is. During the pc hearing Kilgore compared forgetting Cooper in the car to forgetting boxed leftovers. Hey, it happens to everybody. :mad:

One thought that keeps coming back to me is the way he was "acting"... Very distressed one minute, quiet the next... Alternating between these two reactions. Many witnesses have reported this behavior of going from one extreme to the next.

It's occurred to me that it reminds me of another hot car death in recent memory- the past 5 years or so. I'm sorry I cannot recall the names but the circumstances were a mother ( and I'm thinking it was a single mom or mom In a same-sex couple) did forget her little boy in the car when she went to work. Not sure, but I'm thinking she was a health care worker or emt or something like this--- she discovered the boy in her car, dead, after a long workday... But the part I recall clearly was the 911 call. A bystander called 911' and on the recording you can hear the mother Screaming Crying, In Agony, then... Silence... Then again, the Screaming, Crying, Agony.... Silence..... Many times this went on. It was explained that she was performing cpr on her boy.

When she was administering breaths she was silent, but between breaths she went into "mom mode" and was grief and terror stricken. so my question is, does anyone else recall this case? Does anyone think RH may have heard of this case and been trying to 'copy' this woman's reaction?

No. I don't think so. Ross Harris may be emotionally immature and was for sure an unfaithful husband, but there is no evidence whatsoever he is a sociopath, and he would have to be that to see his dead baby's body and to feel nothing, and to have to play act to work up an upset, or to imitate what he remembered about someone else's grieving.

Every friend he and Leanne had, and all their church and work acquintances, have said the same thing- Ross loved Cooper. Only LE and the DA have said otherwise, after Cooper's death, with zero evidence to back up that assertion. Zero. As in, none at all.

The best they could come up with is searches they say he did about living a child free life, searches he in fact apparently never did. He never responded to posts on that forum, and the 3 posts he clicked on had nothing whatsoever to do , actually, with children at all, much less living without children, much less killing one's child to be "free."

Absent any evidence whatsoever that Ross did not love Cooper, I think it's a huge stretch to assume Ross felt no grief that day, even if he didn't express it in a way that met approval by LE or others.

No. I don't think so. Ross Harris may be emotionally immature and was for sure an unfaithful husband, but there is no evidence whatsoever he is a sociopath, and he would have to be that to see his dead baby's body and to feel nothing and to have to play act to work up an upset, or to imitate what he remembered about someone else's grieving.

Every friend he and Leanne had, and all their church and work acquintances, have said the same thing- Ross loved Cooper. Only LE and the DA have said otherwise, after Cooper's death, with zero evidence to back up that assertion. Zero. As in, none at all.

The best they could come up with is searches they say he did about living a child free life, searches he in fact apparently never did. He never responded to posts on that forum, and the 3 posts he clicked on had nothing whatsoever to do , actually, with children at all, much less living without children, much less killing one's child to be "free."

Absent any evidence whatsoever that Ross did not love Cooper, I think it's a huge stretch, and unfair, to assume Ross felt no grief that day, even if he didn't express it in a way that met approval by LE or others.

The defense claims this, yes? Have they mentioned they have proof that he did not make these searches or comments? Or is this their interpretation of the evidence presented? They are going to paint a very different picture than the prosecution, this is obvious and expcted. I think it's a bit hasty to jump on the lying cop bandwagon, until the defense shows their "proof" this happened. JMO.

IMO, love means very little. People do horrible things to people they love all the time. People distort love. He probably did love Cooper, but that doesn't mean he valued his life. In fact, I think the timeline shows he didn't. Whether he planned this, I don't know for sure.

Has there been any indication on how long the trial is expected to last?

The defense claims this, yes? Have they mentioned they have proof that he did not make these searches or comments? Or is this their interpretation of the evidence presented? They are going to paint a very different picture than the prosecution, this is obvious and expcted. I think it's a bit hasty to jump on the lying cop bandwagon, until the defense shows their "proof" this happened. JMO.

IMO, love means very little. People do horrible things to people they love all the time. People distort love. He probably did love Cooper, but that doesn't mean he valued his life. In fact, I think the timeline shows he didn't. Whether he planned this, I don't know for sure.

I don't believe that people murder people they love, much less in such a terribly painful way as Cooper died.

And no, the burden of proof belongs to the State, not the defense. Ross is presumed innocent until and unless a jury convicts him. The State must prove such searches were conducted if they choose to use his searches as "evidence" of his state of mind. The defense has no obligation to prove anything about his searches, or lack thereof, though they are clearly prepared to counter the State's misleading and inflammatory pretrial assertions about the searches should the State bring them up at trial.

Well... maybe it is. During the pc hearing Kilgore compared forgetting Cooper in the car to forgetting boxed leftovers. Hey, it happens to everybody. :mad:

I remember that statement and how very distasteful it was to all of us who were watching those hearings. I look forward to seeing what specifically the cell phone and computer data reveals. So far we have only heard the laymen interpretation of those items via the probable cause hearings. Being a veteran from the Casey Anthony trial days, I think those searches and exactly what they do or don't reveal will be crucial to jurors' deliberations.

He did plan it.. :tantrum: :scared: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member