IN - Kelsie Bowling, 2 mos, shaken to death, Huntington, 13 Feb 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Couple charged in death of infant

HUNTINGTON – With the name of his dead daughter tattooed across his neck, 28-year-old Tristan Bowling and his wife, Jessica, made their initial court appearances Monday morning to be charged in connection with the baby’s death.

The Bowlings had been under investigation since 8-week-old Kelsie Bowling died in February, and both seemed subdued Monday in Huntington Circuit Court after a grand jury indicted the pair last week.

Kelsie Bowling died Feb. 13 of shaken baby syndrome, Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison has said.

Jessica Bowling, 22, with her hair carefully pulled up, said nothing but simple “yes” and “no” answers to questions from Huntington Circuit Judge Mark McIntosh. When Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison read the seven-count indictment, Jessica Bowling stared straight ahead toward the witness stand, making little eye contact with Richison or McIntosh, her face seemingly void of emotion.

More: http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/local/13110620.htm

Wonder who she smuggled the marijuana in to?
I can guess how it was smuggled in!

Jessica Bowling also faces charges of trafficking with an inmate. She is accused of smuggling marijuana into the jail by hiding it in her body.

Kelsie lived 8 weeks. She had just really begun to realize that she was alive, and then her mother killed her. And evidently her father must have allowed it.
The article doesn't tell how it happened, but I can tell from the way the charges are outlined- the prosecution wants them convicted for the max!

...A judge sentenced a man to 50 years in prison for waiting three days before seeking help for his injured 8-week-old daughter, who then died...
A grand jury in November indicted Bowling and his ex-wife, Jessica Bennett, in the Feb. 13, 2005, death of Kelsie Kay Bowling, who died of shaken baby syndrome...
Bennett is scheduled to go on trial in August on charges of neglect of a dependent, voluntary manslaughter and battery...
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9503680/detail.html

PrayersForMaura said:
Couple charged in death of infant

HUNTINGTON – With the name of his dead daughter tattooed across his neck, 28-year-old Tristan Bowling and his wife, Jessica, made their initial court appearances Monday morning to be charged in connection with the baby’s death.

The Bowlings had been under investigation since 8-week-old Kelsie Bowling died in February, and both seemed subdued Monday in Huntington Circuit Court after a grand jury indicted the pair last week.

Kelsie Bowling died Feb. 13 of shaken baby syndrome, Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison has said.

Jessica Bowling, 22, with her hair carefully pulled up, said nothing but simple “yes” and “no” answers to questions from Huntington Circuit Judge Mark McIntosh. When Chief Deputy Prosecutor Amy Richison read the seven-count indictment, Jessica Bowling stared straight ahead toward the witness stand, making little eye contact with Richison or McIntosh, her face seemingly void of emotion.

More: http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/local/13110620.htm

After listening to "expert" testimony in the Louise Woodward (AuPair) trial, I have been of the mind that there is too much junk science associated with shaken babies cases. In a trial, unless a State 's expert witness testimony were to be unchallenged (unlikely), I suspect that I would not be convicting anyone.

On 9/19/2006, Jessica Bowling was sentenced to 40 years for injury to a child resulting in death. As far as I can tell, she has not appealed this decision.

Tristan Bowling did appeal his 50 year sentence, but was denied any sentence reduction on 3/1/07.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back