Found Deceased ID - Edward Hempel, 63, Kootenai County, 10 Oct 2016

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
msising-hunter-jpg.jpg

Deputies say 63-year-old Edward A. Hempel was hunting with a friend in the Bernard Peak area on Oct 10 around 1:00 p.m. Officials describe the area as thickly treed, mountainous region in the northeast corner of Kootenai County.

Hempel seperated from his hunting partner and planned to meet back up with him between 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
The Sheriff's Office said Hempel didn’t show up, and family and friends began to search for him with no luck. His family reported him missing Tuesday morning.
http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/post-falls-man-missing-in-backcountry/42071866

Hope they find him very soon. It's been extremely cold. Rain storm will be coming in tonight. Prayers!

From the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office:
"As of 4:00 PM, there are about 40 dedicated searchers looking for Mr. Hempel. The terrain in the area is very steep, thickly wooded and full of downed trees and brush which is hampering the search efforts.
The Sheriff’s Office has received many offers of assistance in the form of volunteers, food, and water from the community. At this time we have sufficient, trained search and rescue members for the search. We are also amply supplied with food and water. Mr. Hempel’s church was kind enough to bring dinner to the scene for the searchers, giving our food unit volunteers a much needed break."

More at link:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1360072827359935&id=180715591962337

Thanks for the update wantjustice. I'm so sorry to hear that Edward was found deceased. I guess he fell down into a ravine. RIP Edward.

Thanks for the update wantjustice. I'm so sorry to hear that Edward was found deceased. I guess he fell down into a ravine. RIP Edward.

You're so welcome! I was hopeful he would be found alive.

Sad news. I hope he didn't suffer long after falling. RIP.
I so hope so too! I hope he was just doing what he loved and didn't feel a thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back