Found Deceased TX - Pvt. Dakota Stump, 19, Fort Hood, 10 Oct 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Fort Hood soldier missing, family, law enforcement asking for help
dakota%20stump_1476397132532_6496209_ver1.0.jpg

Fort Hood's 1st Cavalry Division released a statement Thursday regarding the disappearance of a soldier who had not been seen since Monday.

Pvt Dakota Stump, 19, was last seen driving a 2006 black Ford Mustang with red interior. *He is in the 1st Cav*Apache Troop, 4th Squadron, 9th Cav Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team.
http://www.kcentv.com/mb/news/local...ily-law-enforcement-asking-for-help/335850866

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

That ... is not a happy looking person.
Maybe he was trying to look tough? He has that same look in many of the photos posted on his personal page, but he's smiling in photos on his girlfriend's page.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Missing from Fort Hood but he went to high school in Indiana....west of Indianapolis. I haven't seen anything on the news here about him but maybe since he went missing TX, they don't think it's relevant.

I have a feeling he just needed to get away and will show up again soon, I really hope so at least...

Missing from Fort Hood but he went to high school in Indiana....west of Indianapolis. I haven't seen anything on the news here about him but maybe since he went missing TX, they don't think it's relevant.

I would like more information in general, the basics: Where was he last seen (other than "was last seen driving a 2006 black Ford Mustang with red interior")? Who was he last with prior to going missing? Did he leave his phone, wallet, etc.? Depending upon the answers to these types of questions, Indy may be relevant. With his brother stating that Dakota had been drinking a lot, however, I am wondering about the possibility that maybe Dakota had been drinking before driving away and got into an accident. If the truck went off the road, it would be particularly hard to find. In the same scenario, he could have gotten scared (DUI plus underage-drinking), ran away from the accident site, possibly with some sort of injury, which would place him in a precarious situation, too. Hoping that Dakota is found very soon. In the meantime, waiting for more information to be released.

I've heard this several times from young males in my family who thought by joining the ARMy, they were entering what television portrays soldiers' lives are like in action. All except one has settled in and embraced the reality. The description that Dakota gave of his brother reminds me of the one in our family who just wanted to go fight bad guys. 19 is still young, and some that age aren't mature enough to handle being enlisted, IMO. I do hope he is found safe. The 'real world' is seldom what a young adult thinks it will be like.

The 1st Calvary Division confirms he was in AWOL status and is being searched for by his unit. They say every effort is being made to find him and "have no further insight as to whether or not he is in immediate danger."

The Army Times reports leadership has contacted Fort Hood police, hospitals and is in contact with Stump's family in addition to monitoring his barracks room.

They report his cellphone is ringing, but there is no answer.

Stump's family says he drives a black Ford Mustang with a red interior.
http://www.21alive.com/nbc33/Army-searching-for-missing-soldier-with-Indiana-roots-397125341.html

I wonder what type of cell phone he has and how long the battery might last without being connected to a charger.

Can they ping a phone if it is turned on but not in use?

Yes, as long as the phone is on it can be pinged.

If he's on twice a month payday, today is payday. Hopefully someone can get access to his direct deposit account to see if there has been any activity.

The search continues for a missing Fort Hood soldier

Dakota's mother Patrice tells Channel 6 News over the phone that she last spoke to her son Sunday, the day before he went missing, and that everything was normal so she's not sure how or why he's disappeared but that she's hoping he comes home.

The mother claims despite rumors that her son is suicidal she says Dakota was always a happy person and that she has no reason to believe he would harm himself or anyone else.

If he's on twice a month payday, today is payday. Hopefully someone can get access to his direct deposit account to see if there has been any activity.

Good point. If his plan was to take some time away there's a chance he might need some cash.

I wonder if he needed a break and is unsure how to return after having gone AWOL.

Will he be getting paid since he is listed as AWOL? Or would it take longer to get his pay suspended? I hope they pay him just to see if he takes anything out of his paycheck.

It looks like they might be able to suspend his pay but probably wouldn't.

The new edition of AR 600-8-2 was published May 11, and will take effect June 11 for soldiers who have been flagged for any number of adverse actions.

It replaces the October 2012 edition of the regulation. It applies to Regular Army, National Guard and Army Reserve soldiers.

Included among the many circumstances that can trigger a flag are:

• Absence without leave, or AWOL.

While the revised regulation consolidates and clarifies interim changes made to the document in recent years, it also defines the requirement to initiate a flag when an investigation is opened on a soldier in a criminal proceeding, or by a commander that could result in a disciplinary action or loss in rank, pay or privileges.
https://www.armytimes.com/story/mil...rmy-updates-rules-flagging-soldiers/84325888/

I'm still looking for specific regulations needed to declare a soldier AWOL.

Who has jurisdiction in a case like this? Can the local police look for him or does the army have exclusive jurisdiction? Seems odd if they didn't ping his phone - isnt that an easy thing to do? At least find out if the phone is moving from place to place. If it's stationary for days, I would worry more about his well being.

Who has jurisdiction in a case like this? Can the local police look for him or does the army have exclusive jurisdiction? Seems odd if they didn't ping his phone - isnt that an easy thing to do? At least find out if the phone is moving from place to place. If it's stationary for days, I would worry more about his well being.
This is my thought too. If his phone is on, have they not pinged it? Or have they pinged it but been unable to locate?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back