OR OR - Shawn, 41, & Trevor Higgins (fnd alive), 21, Curry County, 14 Oct 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing hunters in Curry County
14670709_10154132132104514_23878386290462086_n.jpg

A father and son in Curry County have been missing since Friday.

The Curry County Sheriff’s Office says the pair are believed to be in the Burnt Ridge Area of Bear Camp to Agness.
https://kobi5.com/news/missing-hunters-in-curry-county-38142/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Their family must be worried sick. Hope they have enough water and supplies and will be located soon.

This story made the AP. Some more details:
Officials launched the search last Friday night after the two men were reported missing. They had been hunting with another relative.

"Shawn Higgins did not show up to a planned meeting area and after a few hours of looking for him, Trevor also failed to make it back to the roadway prior to dark where all three were to meet," Ward said.
After failing to find the pair Friday night, search and rescue members of the sheriff's office, as well as local residents with knowledge of the terrain, on Saturday hiked into the area "and spent the day in bad weather searching for Shawn and Trevor," the sheriff said.
Much more here: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...S_OROL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

From Oct 20:
http://www.kdrv.com/news/local/Search_Continues_For_Missing_Hunter_in_Curry_County.html

Since Higgins was reported missing, volutneers have been hard at work, looking for any clues that may lead to the missing man.

But it's been a slow process. Rain, wind, fog and cool weather have been tough factors for the people on the ground. It's also made it impossible for any air resources to help out in the search.

Even putting the weather aside, it is still a tough area to navigate. Steep terrain and heavy brush make it slow for the search.

Curry County Sheriff calls off ground search for Shawn Higgins

COOS BAY, Ore. – Curry County Sheriff John Ward announced Tuesday evening that the ground search for Shawn Higgins has been suspended.

Ward said the search was called off due to no signs, clues or indication of his location in the rugged search terrain.

Curry County Sheriff calls off ground search for Shawn Higgins

Keep thinking of this case...They still weren't able to locate Shawn it seems. So sad.

I'm absolutely heartsick that Shawn wasn't found. It may be next year's hunting season before he is found. :(

I found this article from Nov 3, 2016:

"I have a really hard time believing that he would get lost": Wife of missing hunter - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

Coos Bay, Ore.- Stephanie Higgins can’t believe the turn her family’s life has taken the last few weeks. The man she has known and loved since she was a teenager is missing in the Curry County wilderness.

“My husband and I dated since we were 15 and we used to skip school and go turkey hunting up there,” said Higgins of the area off Bear Camp Rd. where her husband, Shawn, disappeared about three weeks ago. [...]

“It’s very unlike him. He’s definitely an outdoorsman and it’s just really unbelievable. Out of all the people- that’s what people keep saying,” said Stephanie with a sigh. “I have a really hard time believing that he would get lost. I mean, that is the one thing that really bothers me. That, and the fact that we have found nothing, literally nothing. He’s just gone.”

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance
Shawn Higgins was last seen on October 14, 2016 during a hunting trip with his son in the Shasta Costa drainage in the Bear Camp area about 45 miles east of Gold Beach, OR. Shawn's son was located alive on Oct. 18th by search crews in the mountains between Grants Pass and Gold Beach, OR. He was severely hypothermic and taken to a hospital in Coos Bay.

Disappearance of hunter in Oregon wilderness still a mystery four year later

Disappearance of hunter in Oregon wilderness still a mystery four year later

Four years have passed since Stephanie Higgins’ husband, Shawn, vanished in the Oregon wilderness, but she says it feels like it happened yesterday.

“I wake up every morning thinking about him… wondering where he is,” Stephanie told Dateline. “I know he didn’t just get lost. Something happened to him.”

MORE AT LINK

Oct 11, 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie