APM's In The Dark Podcast Series

ELOCsoul

Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
Reaction score
I attended the MPR Connects program in St Cloud tonight. Excellent program!

Madeleine Baran called out the media for getting it wrong about The Paynesville police. She reiterated what I've been saying for 3+ years, that the Paynesville Police were taking the PV cases very seriously as they were occurring.

Madeleine Baran called out the media for getting it wrong about The Paynesville police. She reiterated what I've been saying for 3+ years, that the Paynesville Police were taking the PV cases very seriously as they were occurring.

Anything else of,interest?

Kudos to Madeleine for calling out the media. While I have been somewhat critical of her podcast, I do appreciate her willingness to stir the pot and take a close look at the investigation.

The media coverage of the Wetterling case is an interesting topic in and of itself. I know you have talked at length about the JWRC's exertion of control over the media and the close relationships many reporters (Caroline Lowe, Karla Hult, and Esme Murphy come to mind) have with the Wetterling family. Given the emotional nature of the case, it's a lot to ask of any reporter to keep their emotions and feelings separate from their reporting, but I do share your belief that the close relationship between the aforementioned reporters and the Wetterling family did serve to prevent news media outlets from taking a more critical approach in their reporting.

The relationship between the Wetterlings and the media was symbiotic; the Wetterlings needed the media to attract public interest in Jacob's case, and the media needed access to the Wetterlings for their stories. It's understandable how such a relationship developed, but I'm not sure it was altogether healthy for the investigation.

Anything else of,interest?

Not really. I thought it was neat that Madeleine acknowledged my presence, which led to a few stares from the crowd, especially from the source of the Stearns Truth Tapes, lol.

Kudos to Madeleine for calling out the media. While I have been somewhat critical of her podcast, I do appreciate her willingness to stir the pot and take a close look at the investigation.

The media coverage of the Wetterling case is an interesting topic in and of itself. I know you have talked at length about the JWRC's exertion of control over the media and the close relationships many reporters (Caroline Lowe, Karla Hult, and Esme Murphy come to mind) have with the Wetterling family. Given the emotional nature of the case, it's a lot to ask of any reporter to keep their emotions and feelings separate from their reporting, but I do share your belief that the close relationship between the aforementioned reporters and the Wetterling family did serve to prevent news media outlets from taking a more critical approach in their reporting.

The relationship between the Wetterlings and the media was symbiotic; the Wetterlings needed the media to attract public interest in Jacob's case, and the media needed access to the Wetterlings for their stories. It's understandable how such a relationship developed, but I'm not sure it was altogether healthy for the investigation.

You are spot on on all accounts, and I did make a statement about the ineptness of media throughout the case, and cited Trish vanPilsim as the sole reporter to challenge the status quo over the years. The others you mention have done ****** work yet naive folks sing their praises.

Given how critical Baran has been of the Wetterling case investigators, I'm a little bit surprised that Patty and Jerry granted her interviews for the podcast. In their interviews following the discovery of Jacob's remains, they continue to show strong support for law enforcement. From what Eloc has told me, the Wetterlings have been reticent to grant access to media members who are critical of law enforcement. Why they granted interviews for the podcast, but did not support Eloc's book is a bit puzzling to me.

Given how critical Baran has been of the Wetterling case investigators, I'm a little bit surprised that Patty and Jerry granted her interviews for the podcast. In their interviews following the discovery of Jacob's remains, they continue to show strong support for law enforcement. From what Eloc has told me, the Wetterlings have been reticent to grant access to media members who are critical of law enforcement. Why they granted interviews for the podcast, but did not support Eloc's book is a bit
puzzling to me.

Madeleine is very good at maintaining a neutral position and processing the Information later. Those interviews were done before the first podcast aired.

When the podcasts were announced the JWRC posted a cautionary post on their Facebook page, saying they were concerned about the tone of the podcasts.

Madeleine is very good at maintaining a neutral position and processing the Information later. Those interviews were done before the first podcast aired.

When the podcasts were announced the JWRC posted a cautionary post on their Facebook page, saying they were concerned about the tone of the podcasts.

Well I agree with them, they're dark. And LE solved the case halfway through the making of it.

Not really. I thought it was neat that Madeleine acknowledged my presence, which led to a few stares from the crowd, especially from the source of the Stearns Truth Tapes, lol.

And how are all of those storage units of info faring now that the perp has been identified? Conspiracy? The perp is merely the distraction?

#9 is a good closer, we finally get to hear from Larry Peart and he confirms what we've been saying about the Hart Notes for more than two years...the notes SCSO have had for a long time. She also confirms that Heinrich and Hart hung out at the original burial spot...exactly as had been suggested

#9 is a good closer, we finally get to hear from Larry Peart and he confirms what we've been saying about the Hart Notes for more than two years...the notes SCSO have had for a long time. She also confirms that Heinrich and Hart hung out at the original burial spot...exactly as had been suggested

A question regarding the Hart Notes...I know the actual notes were lost for several years, but did Peart contact Stearns or the FBI about the content of the notes back in 1990? It does seem significant that two independent entities (the Paynesville Police Dept. and Duane Hart) fingered Heinrich as a suspect in the early stages of the investigation.

A question regarding the Hart Notes...I know the actual notes were lost for several years, but did Peart contact Stearns or the FBI about the content of the notes back in 1990? It does seem significant that two independent entities (the Paynesville Police Dept. and Duane Hart) fingered Heinrich as a suspect in the early stages of the investigation.

Peart told me that he did not. However, the man who shared them with me said he gave them to Sheriff Jim Kostreba in the 90's. Sanner has gone on record saying the information was not new...which is an odd thing to say IMO

Peart told me that he did not. However, the man who shared them with me said he gave them to Sheriff Jim Kostreba in the 90's. Sanner has gone on record saying the information was not new...which is an odd thing to say IMO

Thanks for clearing that up. If the information was not new, then you really have to wonder why that lead wasn't pursued more aggressively earlier in the investigation.

Can I just say hearing about the phone set up for tips in the Wetterlings house just broke my heart. I can only imagine you're already going mad with the unknown about the life of your child but, then to be tied to that phone of hell in hopes of just receiving a tidbit of info about your precious child. Those poor parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just reading.Did not hear yet.

No reference to Eloc bringing out the Peart notes.

The info re Paynesville is quite a bit different than what was in the Baker blogs.

Where did he get money for houses, cars, exepensive items found in the garage?

He moved around a lot and had several jobs. That fits in with the profile.

Could he have kept his hands to himself all of those years?

This seems so absurd that the only rational explanation is like Trevor says. Jacob had work to do

Thanks for clearing that up. If the information was not new, then you really have to wonder why that lead wasn't pursued more aggressively earlier in the investigation.

Yes, among other things. Why didn't they do any number of things that were routine police procedure? Episode 9 really brought everything full circle.

I thought the part with Jared in Episode 9 was disturbing, where he said DH made the comment about "don't throw up or I'll kill you". Jared said that never happened in his incident. So did DH say that to Jacob or another victim?

I thought the part with Jared in Episode 9 was disturbing, where he said DH made the comment about "don't throw up or I'll kill you". Jared said that never happened in his incident. So did DH say that to Jacob or another victim?

Not exactly sure why this is even worth talking about. The mess is over, it's time to forget the worst aspects of it.

Yes, among other things. Why didn't they do any number of things that were routine police procedure? Episode 9 really brought everything full circle.

It's sad that some people will devote the rest of their lives blaming LE. They have to act according to law and they got their confession under miraculous circumstances. Could it have been done any other way or sooner? Most likely not. Everything fell into place and the professionals acted when they found an opportunity for confession. These podcasts are jumping the gun, they're not sitting back and thinking it through enough.

YES.
Adding..or shall I just toss in my two pennies and say how DISTURBING these matters are. ( that you've just " confirmed " )
VERY disturbing JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back