WI WI - Jeffrey DAHMER, "Milwaukee Cannibal", 1978 - 91

Springrain

Who was she? Pregnant & stabbed to death
Reaction score
Jeffrey Dahmer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer
Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer (May 21, 1960 – November 28, 1994), also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, was an American serial killer and sex offender, who committed the rape, murder, and dismemberment of seventeen men and boys between 1978 and 1991, with many of his later murders also involving necrophilia,[SUP][1][/SUP] cannibalism, and the permanent preservation of body parts—typically all or part of the skeletal structure.[SUP][2]

[/SUP]http://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/jeffrey-dahmer/
Jeffrey Dahmer, an American serial killer and sex offender, was born on May 21, 1960. Between the years of 1978 and 1991, Dahmer murdered 17 males. Rape, dismemberment, necrophilia, and cannibalism were involved in his murders. He was beaten to death on November 28, 1994 by an inmate at the Columbia Correctional Institution, where he had been incarcerated.

http://www.biography.com/people/jeffrey-dahmer-9264755
Jeffrey Dahmer displayed troubling behavior following childhood surgery. He committed his first murder in 1978, and was arrested multiple times before claiming his second victim, in 1987. In addition to killing the men and teenagers he lured home, he mutilated, photographed and performed sexual acts on the victims' corpses, keeping body parts as mementos. Dahmer was captured in 1991 and sentenced to 16 life terms. He was killed by fellow prison inmate Christopher Scarver in 1994.

(I don't know if Dahmer shouldn't have a thread here; but what with the news about the new movie coming out, and with no other place on Websleuths to discuss it, really, I thought it might be beneficial to make a thread. I've only made threads in the Unidentified and Missing but not forgotten sections, so I might've done something wrong. :) )

People keep trying to suggest Dahmer killed Adam Walsh.

No way, no how.

Firstly, Walsh wasn't his "type". He didn't go after little boys.

Secondly, the MO is completely off.

Thirdly, Dahmer vehemently denied it, basically saying "I told you everyone I killed, and how I killed them, what more do you want?"

The theory that Jeffrey Dahmer killed Adam Walsh is utterly ridiculous.

Jeffrey Dahmer's Dark Thoughts Exposed in Chilling 1993 Jailhouse Interview

"I desensitized myself to it."

Those are the chilling worlds of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, aka the "Milwaukee Cannibal," as he spoke to Inside Edition about how he managed to commit his heinous crimes in a rare jailhouse interview in 1993.

During his reign of terror between 1978 and 1991, Dahmer killed 17 men and boys, keeping some of their body parts in freezers inside his home. Many of his murders involved necrophilia and cannibalism. He was eventually arrested in 1991 when a victim escaped.

Dahmer, who worked inside a chocolate factory in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was an unassuming employee, the last person people would suspect of being a serial killer.

But he hid his dark side well.

"I had these obsessive desires to wanting to control them … possess them permanently," Dahmer told Inside Edition. "As my obsession grew, I was saving body parts such as skulls and skeletons."

Dahmer killed his first victim, a hitchhiker named Steven Hicks, when he was 18 years old. He dismembered Hicks' body and put it in a drain pipe. It was the start of a 13-year obsession with killing.

He said he targeted his victims "not because I hated them or because I was mad at them but

[...]

Does anyone else think the stories of abuse during his time in the military are a little off? I'm not saying they are necessarily complete lies or fabrications but something doesn't sit quite right with me. Obviously, we know Dahmer was capable of heinous acts so it's not like it wouldn't be a possibility for him to carry out violent actions, I just find the accounts a tad suspicious.

I also don't believe he had anything to do with the Adam Walsh case either.

I read somewhere that Dahmer was seen that day in the Sears store where Adam Walsh disappeared. I don’t think Dahmer killed Adam but wonder if it was ever confirmed he was in fact in that same Sears store on that same day. Did cannibal serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer kidnap and decapitate a young boy as his first victim?

Willis Morgan claims Dahmer was in the Hollywood, Florida, mall Adam Walsh disappeared from on July 27, 1981 - but he was never treated as a suspect.

Read full story

I'm almost finished watching the Dahmer Netflix series. I'm in a neighboring state and remember when it happened. It doesn't matter how many documentaries I've watched or articles and books I've read each one is just as horrific as the first.

There's so much to unpack with Dahmer.

I'm almost finished watching the Dahmer Netflix series. I'm in a neighboring state and remember when it happened. It doesn't matter how many documentaries I've watched or articles and books I've read each one is just as horrific as the first.

There's so much to unpack with Dahmer.
It’s really surreal. There were so many red flags. So many. But as usual, hindsight is a crystal clear 20/20.

Something that stood out to me from the documentary, and correct me if I’m wrong, was that he showed some semblance of mercy towards his victims. He would drug them and then wait until they were basically unconscious before killing them.

Now don’t get me wrong. The terror these poor men/boys had to have felt once they realized what was going to happen to them must have been unimaginable. But I was a bit surprised to learn this.

It’s really surreal. There were so many red flags. So many. But as usual, hindsight is a crystal clear 20/20.
So many red flags. And he was within an inch of being caught so many times.

My heart breaks for all the victims and their families.

The Netflix series really captures the love his dad had for him and the guilt his parents had.

So many red flags. And he was within an inch of being caught so many times.

My heart breaks for all the victims and their families.

The Netflix series really captures the love his dad had for him and the guilt his parents had.
I agree! And I was glad to see the attention that was paid towards the victims. It made them seem real to me, which is always nice. They were people who mattered.

Glenda Cleveland, (Dahmer's neighbor) tried and tried and tried. She knew he was a monster and she never gave up. :(
I was emotional every time they showed her lying in bed afraid. The noises she heard and smells she smelt. Ugh. If only they’d have listened to her sooner!

I was wondering about this at the end of the series:

Discussions are underway on how best to honor the victims of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer ... but officials in Milwaukee are concerned a physical memorial site could attract the wrong folks.

Any thoughts? Should a memorial be erected in place of the demolished building? I can’t decide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back