Bloodstains on Darin's jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone want to discuss the fact that they're throwing Darin under the bus? We knew the day would come, but I'm not sure anyone has the energy to go back to it! LOL From Darlie's website:

& The blood on the blue jeans of Darin Routier.

Darin Routier told the police that he got his son Devon's blood on his jeans when he attempted to resuscitate Devon.

In her habeas corpus petition, Ms. Routier set out a variety of facts suggesting that Darin Routier was responsible for the murders and the assault, by acting alone or by hiring another person to commit the crime.

Ms. Routier asked that the blood on Mr. Routier's jeans be tested to determine whether the blood was solely from Devon or also from her other son, Damon, or from her. Judge Francis ignored this request.

Without acknowledging that Ms. Routier had asked for access to the jeans, Judge Francis' habeas corpus ruling faulted Ms. Routier for failing to show that the blood on Mr. Routier's jeans came from a source in addition to or other than Devon.

In these circumstances, Judge Francis could not fairly determine that the blood on Darin Routier's jeans had no relevance to proving Ms. Routier's innocence.

Does anyone think, that at this late date even if they allow the jeans to be tested and blood from Darlie or Damon IS on the jeans, that it was impossible for it to get there?? I mean after all, only the family was there until the police arrived.

Jeana (DP) said:
Does anyone think, that at this late date even if they allow the jeans to be tested and blood from Darlie or Damon IS on the jeans, that it was impossible for it to get there?? I mean after all, only the family was there until the police arrived.
I dont understand why or what blood from any of them would prove-unless a particular patter of concern, but if that is the case, why wasnt it noted to begin with?

j2mirish said:
I dont understand why or what blood from any of them would prove-unless a particular patter of concern, but if that is the case, why wasnt it noted to begin with?

I think what they're trying to say is that Darin claims to only have had contact with Devon. So, Darlie's camp feels that only Devon's blood should be on his jeans. The fact that there was blood all of the rooms and he was near Darlie, to me anyway, tells me that its possible that he had some blood from Darlie and possibly even Damon on his jeans. The campfire girls think that if any blood from Darlie or Damon is on the jeans, that Darin is the killer. Forget the fact that NOTHING else points to Darin being the killer - but they're grasping for straws. We're pretty bored these days, so I thought we may want to revisit this topic.

What I find hysterical is that when Darlie and Darin were steadfastly refusing to think that there would NEVER be a time when they could even concede of one turning on the other one, those of us talking about the case knew it was just a matter of time before Darlie grew desperate and decided that Darin needed to be thrown under the bus. I'm happy to see that she didn't disappoint. :rolleyes:

I believe he's very involved in this. Let me throw him under that bus.

I think DNA testing can be done at anytime even if all appeals are finished. It's just a matter of fighting long enough for it. I mean, look at Jeffrey MacDonald. He's finally getting his dna items tested.

Having said that, if Darin has Damon's blood on his jeans too, I don't think it'll overturn anything. IF he's innocent, the "panick" that would set in from a parent seeing your children in this state, no one would truly really know if he also ran to Damon to help. Which would be a normal response, to check both children. So this won't help Darlie's camp.

LOL! I'm SHOCKED it took this long for Darlie to throw him under the bus. It definitely points to her desperation level. Somewhere in that little pea brain of her's she's decided she's not going down alone... and now she thinks she's going to take him down with her. I'm not sure what any of the ramifications of Darin finally telling the truth would be, but I can see Darin reaching a 10-year boiling point and exploding with what really happened that night. My guess is Darlie's playing with fire because I've never believed for one minute that anyone but Darlie did it... so the most Darin could ever admit to is him helping to cover it up. Therefore, the blame still falls directly back on Darlie for the murders, which should allow her to be executed right on time! And, once Darin blurts out that Darlie actually committed the murders, Darlie could very easily lose all of the support she has. All in all, it sounds like things could get pretty interesting!

I think BOTH of them ought to go down. The blood will look different on the jeans depending on whether it was sprayed or rubbed on. If he was involved in the killings...it would be a series of droplets or cast off splatters rather than a smudge effect of Darlie rubbing up against him. I think the jeans need to be tested. I want BOTH of them under the same bus.:mad:

Jeana (DP) said:
I think what they're trying to say is that Darin claims to only have had contact with Devon. So, Darlie's camp feels that only Devon's blood should be on his jeans. The fact that there was blood all of the rooms and he was near Darlie, to me anyway, tells me that its possible that he had some blood from Darlie and possibly even Damon on his jeans. The campfire girls think that if any blood from Darlie or Damon is on the jeans, that Darin is the killer. Forget the fact that NOTHING else points to Darin being the killer - but they're grasping for straws. We're pretty bored these days, so I thought we may want to revisit this topic.

Well Darin at various times has said he want to Damon to check on him... but I'm not sure what the last story was. So he might have to do a bit of digging to get himself out but since he was been so inconsistent on his movements I doubt it would hold much weight.

As for Darlie's blood- well I would probably except to find her blood on him since they were right next to each other for at least a aminute or two once the paramedics arrived. Any normal couple in that circumstance would be clinging to each other or you would think that when he finally can stop attending to his son/s he would want to take a look at his wife and see how badly she is injured...

Of course this depennds on Darin being one part of a 'normal couple' ;) And there isn't any testimony (that I can remember) about them touching one another, hugging, Darlie leaning on Darin etc

But as a general rule- I don't think finding Damon and Darlie's blood on the jeans would make an iota of difference unless it can be shown that either of their blood was cast-off. Actually no, Darlie's could be cast off because blood could have been flying off her as she was moving around- but there shouldn't be any cast off from Damon.

Dani_T said:
Well Darin at various times has said he want to Damon to check on him... but I'm not sure what the last story was. So he might have to do a bit of digging to get himself out but since he was been so inconsistent on his movements I doubt it would hold much weight.

As for Darlie's blood- well I would probably except to find her blood on him since they were right next to each other for at least a aminute or two once the paramedics arrived. Any normal couple in that circumstance would be clinging to each other or you would think that when he finally can stop attending to his son/s he would want to take a look at his wife and see how badly she is injured...

Of course this depennds on Darin being one part of a 'normal couple' ;) And there isn't any testimony (that I can remember) about them touching one another, hugging, Darlie leaning on Darin etc

But as a general rule- I don't think finding Damon and Darlie's blood on the jeans would make an iota of difference unless it can be shown that either of their blood was cast-off. Actually no, Darlie's could be cast off because blood could have been flying off her as she was moving around- but there shouldn't be any cast off from Damon.
I hadn't thought about that, there isn't anything about them hugging or consoling each other or anything like that at all! I can't remember anything like that at the grave site and/or the silly string incident. Course after Darlie's arrest they weren't allowed. Have to do some thinking about that.

What about prior to the murders? I can think of maybe one or pictures where Darlie is leaning into Darin.

On other line of thinking ... For someone who was so into being glamourous, and since they knew they would be doing a TV interview, don't you think Darlie dressed, well I don't want to say trailor trash, but dressed down (i.e. butt ugly) for the grave site/birthday party. It just seems inappropriate even if you take away the TV interview.

Jeana (DP) said:
Darin covered himself in his testimony. He crawled over to Damon just before paramedics came in to take his pulse. He helped the paramedic walk Darlie out of the house.

Personally, I think the type of blood stains, size, shape, etc is what could hurt him if there is testing. If all they can do is state that there is or is not a certain person's blood on them but they don't have clear visuals as to size and shape, he will be alright. Unless, of course, it is Devon's blood and the type of stains do not match up to what should be there, according to his statements. Same with Damon. Darlie's blood, I do not think will hurt him at all since her blood never squirted. It only oozed. I doubt very seriously he could have her blood on his jeans that was not smeared or transferred.

j2mirish said:
The state opted not to test the jeans, probably because Darin was not charged with any wrongdoing, and I don't think the defense had the money to test them. It appears to me that the defense's money was spent on attys rather than tests, which was a big mistake. In the end, I don't know if it would have helped her since most of the evidence appears to point at her, but they might have found something they could twist to cause some doubt. Maybe it would have been an accurate claim or maybe not (though I doubt if it would have been), but either way it might have given the defense attys something to work with. As it was, they had nothing but empty claims with little if any supporting evidence at all. And that is why she was convicted. That and her testimony with was pretty pathetic.

blueclouds said:
I believe he's very involved in this. Let me throw him under that bus.

I think DNA testing can be done at anytime even if all appeals are finished. It's just a matter of fighting long enough for it. I mean, look at Jeffrey MacDonald. He's finally getting his dna items tested.

Having said that, if Darin has Damon's blood on his jeans too, I don't think it'll overturn anything. IF he's innocent, the "panick" that would set in from a parent seeing your children in this state, no one would truly really know if he also ran to Damon to help. Which would be a normal response, to check both children. So this won't help Darlie's camp.
The problem with Darlie's request is that the jeans were available at the trial and she opted NOT to test them then. I don't know if that is a total torpedo for her on it, but it could be. You don't get to change your mind. If people could, the courts would be endlessly tied up with rehearing issues that were brought up or could have been at trial.

blueclouds said:
Darin testified that he checked Damon's pulse just before the paramedics came in, so he established himself near Damon and Devon and their blood. Then either he or Darlie testified that he walked Darlie out of the house to the front porch with one of the paramedics. (That flies against other testimony though.) It places him close to Darlie and her blood. Now how much of this is true is anyone's guess.

HeartofTexas said:
LOL! I'm SHOCKED it took this long for Darlie to throw him under the bus. It definitely points to her desperation level. Somewhere in that little pea brain of her's she's decided she's not going down alone... and now she thinks she's going to take him down with her. I'm not sure what any of the ramifications of Darin finally telling the truth would be, but I can see Darin reaching a 10-year boiling point and exploding with what really happened that night. My guess is Darlie's playing with fire because I've never believed for one minute that anyone but Darlie did it... so the most Darin could ever admit to is him helping to cover it up. Therefore, the blame still falls directly back on Darlie for the murders, which should allow her to be executed right on time! And, once Darin blurts out that Darlie actually committed the murders, Darlie could very easily lose all of the support she has. All in all, it sounds like things could get pretty interesting!
Darin's holding out for the execution. <shudder> Then his tell-all book will answer our questions. He is keeping the lowest profile of anyone I have ever seen in one of these cases. I really do think he is planning on cashing in when there is no one around to dispute his story.

Goody said:
The state opted not to test the jeans, probably because Darin was not charged with any wrongdoing, and I don't think the defense had the money to test them. It appears to me that the defense's money was spent on attys rather than tests, which was a big mistake. In the end, I don't know if it would have helped her since most of the evidence appears to point at her, but they might have found something they could twist to cause some doubt. Maybe it would have been an accurate claim or maybe not (though I doubt if it would have been), but either way it might have given the defense attys something to work with. As it was, they had nothing but empty claims with little if any supporting evidence at all. And that is why she was convicted. That and her testimony with was pretty pathetic.

Do we know that the state definitely didn't test the jeans? If it is just a matter of it not coming up at trial then I doubt we can say they didn't test them.

Dani_T said:
Do we know that the state definitely didn't test the jeans? If it is just a matter of it not coming up at trial then I doubt we can say they didn't test them.
Yes, we know that the state did NOT test the jeans.

Jeana (DP) said:
Ms. Routier asked that the blood on Mr. Routier's jeans be tested to determine whether the blood was solely from Devon or also from her other son, Damon, or from her. Judge Francis ignored this request.

Without acknowledging that Ms. Routier had asked for access to the jeans, Judge Francis' habeas corpus ruling faulted Ms. Routier for failing to show that the blood on Mr. Routier's jeans came from a source in addition to or other than Devon.

In these circumstances, Judge Francis could not fairly determine that the blood on Darin Routier's jeans had no relevance to proving Ms. Routier's innocence.

Jeana if you will please help me I just do not understand the meaning of these words. Can you make them more simple. For the more simple among us perhaps?

Jeana (DP) said:

You know my thoughts on this Jeana? I think that only if there really is another guilty person. The intruder and he is apprehended and put into prison will Darlie be helped. If that don happen then she has a cooked goose. I been thinkin about this a lot and nothing does look good in the way of finding her a way to be innocent. I just don know what is gonn to happen. It don seem to me that nobody does care any more about things like blood and pants and fingerprints. do you think so? I don think so. I think they just don even worry about that stuff now. This I decide from reading and hearing the things that the judges say. it's what it seems to me anyway. What do you all think about that? Do you think new evidence no matter how good can get her a new trial? Not me.

SnootyVixen said:
Jeana if you will please help me I just do not understand the meaning of these words. Can you make them more simple. For the more simple among us perhaps?

See my post no. 4, above.

SnootyVixen said:
You know my thoughts on this Jeana? I think that only if there really is another guilty person. The intruder and he is apprehended and put into prison will Darlie be helped. If that don happen then she has a cooked goose. I been thinkin about this a lot and nothing does look good in the way of finding her a way to be innocent. I just don know what is gonn to happen. It don seem to me that nobody does care any more about things like blood and pants and fingerprints. do you think so? I don think so. I think they just don even worry about that stuff now. This I decide from reading and hearing the things that the judges say. it's what it seems to me anyway. What do you all think about that? Do you think new evidence no matter how good can get her a new trial? Not me.

The time for presenting new evidence has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46