AL AL - Heaven Ross, 11, Northport, 19 Aug 2003

Northport girl goes missing: Northport law enforcement officials need your help in locating a missing girl. The girl was reported missing this morning when she did not join her older sister who was waiting for her at the bus stop in the Hunter Creek Road area. Now investigators need your help in locating 11 year old Heaven Lashne Ross. Ross is described as a white female 4 foot 6 inches tall, weighing 100 pounds, with red hair. She was last seen wearing a pink outfit. If you have information that can help officials locate the girl, please call the Northport Police Department at 339-6600.

View Poster

Case Handled By:

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

HEAVEN LASHAE ROSS
Case Type:
DOB: Jun 11, 1992 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Aug 19, 2003 Race: White
Age Now: 11 Height: 4'6" (137 cm)
Missing City: NORTHPORT Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
Missing State : AL Hair Color: Red
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown

Case Number: NCMC970206
Circumstances: Heaven was last seen at home around 7:03 a.m. on August 19, 2003. She left home to walk a few blocks to the bus stop and never arrived. Heaven has several moles around her mouth and her ears are pierced. She was last seen wearing a hot pink shirt with "brat" on the front, hot pink shorts with "brat" across the back, and light blue suede tennis shoes. Heaven may go by the nickname Shae.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Girl still missing; FBI joins search

By Stephanie Taylor
Staff Writer
August 21, 2003

Email this story.

Heaven Lashae Ross did not show up at the bus stop before school Tuesday morning.

• Discuss this story
• Police search for missing girl

NORTHPORT | Family, friends and police came and went Wednesday, but no one brought the news Beth Lowery was waiting to hear. Lowery sat in the parking lot of her mobile home in Willowbrook Trailer Park for hours, hoping that the youngest of her three children would return.

Last seen by family members at 7 a.m. Tuesday, Heaven LaShae Ross, 11, disappeared somewhere between her home and a bus stop about 50 yards away on Hunter Creek Road.

“It’s like a black hole opened up and swallowed her," said family friend Debbie Rogers.

Lowery said her daughter was abducted and wondered why police had not issued an AMBER alert. Although Shae had not been seen for more than a day, police had not issued an alert as of Wednesday night.

“I don’t think that’s fair that my baby’s missing and they won’t issue an alert," Lowery said. “My baby was abducted. My baby was kidnapped."

Northport Police Sgt. Kerry Card said Wednesday night that police were investigating Shae’s disappearance as a missing person case, not a kidnapping.

“There’s not enough to lead us to that conclusion," he said. “At this time, there’s not enough evidence or probable cause to indicate that this could be an abduction."

AMBER is the communications system that enables law enforcement to use broadcast media to quickly notify the public of a missing child.

Tuscaloosa Police Department Capt. David Hartin said that an AMBER alert had not been issued because the case did not meet the requirements, which include knowledge that the child is in physical danger and having a good description of a kidnapper or vehicle.

However, dozens of officers from the Northport and Tuscaloosa police departments, the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI were assigned to work on finding Shae Wednesday.

Card said that FBI agents became involved with the case Wednesday. Family members said the agents were reviewing a surveillance tape from nearby Steve’s Grill & Billiards that would have shown any vehicles in the area of the bus stop. Card said he could not comment when asked about the tape.

Shae’s sister, Alex Ross, 13, had been waiting at the bus stop Tuesday morning and said her sister never made it there. She knew something was wrong when her mother’s boyfriend, who she said the girls think of as their father, showed up to give them a ride to school because it was about to rain.

“She usually walks with someone else. I left a few minutes ahead of her. I didn’t think anything was wrong until they came and got me and didn’t know where she was," Alex said.

Everyone who had gathered at the home Wednesday comforted Lowery as they watched police move from door to door, re-interviewing the neighbors they had talked to the previous day. A team of police officers from every agency in the county permeated the neighborhood.

When asked whether police were questioning anyone in particular, or any sex offenders in the area, Card said police were talking to everyone in the vicinity.

“We’re not excluding anyone. We’re questioning everyone in the area," he said.

Shae’s aunt, Frances Taylor, said she believes that someone Shae knew offered her a ride and she accepted because of the bad weather.

“It had to have been someone she knew. She is under her mama and daddy all the time. She’s always been like that. At parties, we’ll say go play with the kids, but she’d rather be with the adults and near her parents," she said.

Like her aunt, many others who know Shae said it would have been uncharacteristic of the Collins-Riverside Middle School sixth-grader to run away or skip school.

“She’s the baby. She wouldn’t do anything like that," Alex said.

“This is just not something she would do," said Debbie Rogers. “She spent the night with my daughter and wanted to go home."

After a night of pacing and worrying, Lowery was able to take a short nap from 7:30 a.m. until 8 a.m. Wednesday.

“I just feel like it isn’t real. I feel like this isn’t happening to me," she said.

Police patrol cars and unmarked Ford Crown Victorias belonging to plainclothes investigators cruised the streets Wednesday, offering some comfort to the panicked mother.

“It’s good to see them out here. I know that they’re working on finding her," Lowery said.

Shae was wearing a pink out-fit with “Brat" on both the shirt and shorts. She has red hair, is 4 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds.

Police have asked anyone who has seen Shae to call the Northport Police Department at 339-6600 or Crime Stoppers at 752-STOP (7867).

Reach Stephanie Taylor at 722-0210 or stephanie.taylor@tuscaloosanews.com.

Public’s help sought to find missing girl

Staff Report, The Gazette

http://www.northportgazette.com/topstories/article.nhtml?uid=10619

Investigators are requesting the public’s help in finding an 11-year-old girl who was last seen Tuesday morning near Hunter Creek Road in Northport.

Heaven Lashne Ross, a student at Riverside Jr. High School, was last seen around 7 a.m. Tuesday morning while walking to meet her sister at a bus stop near the entrance of Willowbrook. She never arrived at the bus stop or at the school.

Ross is described as having a light complexion and red hair. She is 4’6” and 100 pounds. She was last seen wearing a pink outfit with the word “Brat” on the shorts and shirt.

Anyone with any information can call the Northport Police Department at 339-6600 or Crime Stoppers at 752-STOP (7867).

E-mail This Story to a Friend...

Support pours in for family of missing girl
Mother expresses frustration at lack of AMBER alert

By Stephanie Taylor
Staff Writer
August 22, 2003

Email this story.

Vickey Smalley holds Beth Lowery as she prays for the return of Lowery’s daughter, Heaven LaShae Ross. Ross is the 11 year-old girl who turned up missing after leaving her house for the bus stop on Tuesday morning.
Staff Photo | Robert Sutton

• Discuss this story

NORTHPORT | Day three of the search for a missing 11-year-old girl has turned up no clues about where she could be, police said Thursday. When the bus to Collins-Riverside Middle School stopped in front of Willowbrook Trailer Park Thursday morning, Heaven LaShae Ross had been missing for 48 hours.

She was last seen Tuesday morning leaving the trailer park for her bus stop about 50 yards away on Hunter Creek Road.

Police set up roadblocks between 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Thursday on Hunter Creek Road, asking drivers if they had seen Shae and handing out fliers.

As news about the sixth-grader’s mysterious disappearance has spread across the country, people in the Northport and Tuscaloosa communities have reached out to the family that is desperately waiting for good news.

“My baby’s been gone for nearly 72 hours. I just don’t think it’s fair that they won’t give her an AMBER alert," said Shae’s mother, Beth Lowery.

Police maintained on Thursday that their investigation has not turned up evidence that Shae is in danger, one of the requirements necessary for an AMBER alert.

“At this time, we cannot confirm that an abduction has occurred," said Northport Police Sgt. Kerry Card. “Until that happens, if that should happen, an AMBER alert cannot be issued."

Card said that the lead investigator in a case would be the person authorized to issue an alert through the statewide AMBER Alert system, which enables law enforcement and the media to quickly notify the public about an abducted child.

The lead investigator in the case is Terry Carroll, a Northport officer in the joint Northport-Tuscaloosa juvenile division.

Even without the AMBER alert, word of Shae’s disappearance spread quickly in the community. Volunteers posted fliers donated by local printing companies at businesses all over the area. Some businesses are collecting donations to be used for reward money for information.

The teachers at Collins-Riverside Middle School posted fliers and banners in Northport and had students write notes to Shae on some of them. Counselors were in classrooms Thursday, talking with students about their classmate’s disappearance.

“We’re all just hoping for the best outcome here," said Principal Glenn Taylor. “We’ve all been very, very concerned. Our thoughts and prayers are very much with her family. One of the students made the comment that it’s just not fair that we’re able to be here at school, and she’s not, wherever she might be."

Winn-Dixie in Northport donated yellow ribbons that searchers and family members wore for Shae. The family was sitting outside their home at Willowbrook Trailer Park Thursday, inside two screen tents that a church had provided to shield them from the sun.

Buddy’s Food Mart has offered a $5,000 reward to anyone responsible for Shae’s safe return to her parents, Tuscaloosa Police Chief Ken Swindle said Thursday.

Olive Garden employees brought by food, K-mart brought snacks, Kinko’s, Office Max and Kwik Kopy ran off fliers and Home Depot donated ink jets for printing. Many other neighbors and concerned people brought by food, drinks and words of encouragement.

Inside one of the tents, the family watched news updates on a television that had been brought outside and talked with the constant stream of friends and neighbors who were stopping by.

A videographer working for Dateline NBC followed Lowery’s boyfriend, Kevin Thompson, as he passed out fliers in Northport.

Shae’s photo and information was added to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children list Tuesday. Card said that the organization has distributed 33,000 fliers across the country.

Investigators were working through lunch Thursday at a command center set up at the Northport Police Department.

“We’ve received sightings of children who fit this description from quite a number of states," Card said.

FBI agents were still working to enhance a videotape obtained from Steve’s Grill & Billiards Wednesday, Card said. The camera was facing the bus stop and could reveal clues about traffic on Hunter Creek Road Tuesday morning.

Shae is one of the 18 missing kids from Alabama in the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Web site. Most of those are runaways or are known to have been abducted by family members.

At least two abductions from bus stops have been reported in the South in the last few months.

Johnny White of Nashville, Tenn., is the head of a task force formed to find 13-year-old Tabitha Tuder, who disappeared there on April 29.

Their disappearances are strikingly similar, White said, adding that his group is considering traveling to Northport to assist in the search for Shae.

Both girls were last seen on a Tuesday at 7 a.m. at their bus stops. They have the same hair color and style, freckles and were even wearing the same color shirt in their school photos.

White said that Tabitha’s family and friends were frustrated when an AMBER alert was not issued and that police were treating the case as if Tabitha had run away. It was only recently that the FBI and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation became involved, he said.

“We believe that she was stalked," he said. “It may be someone that she would have recognized, but didn’t know, someone who was familiar with the area. They groom’ their victims, watch them, maybe say even, for months before they actually strike."

Maria Isabel Solis, 16, disappeared in Houston on March 3 at a bus stop. Since then, police have found a woman’s boot but no sign of the girl.

Reach Stephanie Taylor at 722-0210 or stephanie.taylor@tuscaloosanews.com

It looks like a group of Volunteers from our Team Tabitha (Tuders)will be going down to help assist in the search for Shea tomorrow 8-23-03 I don't know what all we can do but at least we'll show our support.

Wish us luck and Pray for Shea, Tabitha, and the other missing children.

Northport girl still missing after three days
By Heather Henderson
Metro/State Editor
August 22, 2003

Police continue to probe for information on the whereabouts of a Northport girl missing since Tuesday morning.

Heaven LaShae Ross, 11, a student at Collins-Riverside Middle School, was last seen walking to a bus stop on Hunter Creek Road at the entrance to Willowbrook. She was supposed to join her 13-year-old sister at the stop, but they never crossed paths.

Sgt. Kerry Card with the Northport Police Department said a task team composed of Northport and Tuscaloosa police officers, Tuscaloosa County sheriff's deputies, the Alabama Bureau of Investigation and the FBI are working around the clock to find any sign of "Shae."

Task force members spent the day Thursday following up leads received by phone. They have questioned residents of Willowbrook Trailer Park where Shae lives, as well as businesses near the area from which she disappeared. The Tuscaloosa police helicopter scanned the region while the task force and tracking dogs searched woods near the area Shae was last seen, Card said.

In addition, police set up a roadblock Thursday morning on Hunter Creek Road to hand out missing person fliers and to check cars for any signs of the sixth-grader.

"We haven't ruled out any scenario," Card said, and added that at this point investigators have not confirmed that an abduction occurred, or if a stranger or an acquaintance was involved.

Asked if questioning is being focused on known sex offenders in the area, Card said everyone is being questioned.

"All of that has been investigated," he said.

Card said the disappearance will not trigger an AMBER alert, an alert system designed to send immediate information to the public when a child is abducted.

Guidelines for an AMBER alert include confirmation that an abduction has taken place, evidence the child is in immediate danger of serious injury or death, as well as information about a suspect, vehicle or car tag, Card said.

No such information is available about Shae's disappearance.

"It's like a black hole opened up and swallowed her," Debbie Rogers, a Ross family friend, said in a Wednesday interview with The Tuscaloosa News.

According to information provided by the Tuscaloosa Police Department, Shae is a white girl with fair skin, red hair and brown eyes. She is 4 feet 6 inches tall, 80 pounds and was last seen wearing a hot pink shirt with "Bratz" printed on the front, capri shorts with "Bratz" printed across the back and light blue suede tennis shoes.

Buddy's Food Mart is offering a $5,000 reward for Shae's safe return.

Anyone with information that could lead to her recovery should call the Northport Police Department at 339-6600, Metro Juvenile Division at 349-0445 or Crime Stoppers at 752-7867

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now helping Northport police find a missing girl. It’s been 34 hours since her parents have seen Heaven Lashae Ross and they are demanding an Amber Alert be issued.

Heaven Lasheae Ross, known as Shae by family and friends, never showed up at a Riverside Junior High School yesterday morning. She was last seen around 7:00 a.m. walking between mobile home units to the bus stop on Hunter Creek Road. “Her father left at about 7:06 to go get ‘em because it started raining and the baby didn’t make it to the bus stop,” said Beth Lowery, Shae’s mother.

Lowery says investigators told her they are working on some new leads and police say the FBI is helping create a profile of her abductor. Beth Lower says she want police to issue an Amber Alert. “I don't think it's fair that my baby can't get an Amber Alert and she's been abducted,” said Lowery. She said police told her it doesn’t meet the two of the criteria for an Amber Alert. “They don’t think she’s in immediate danger, we don’t have a suspect, but my child was abducted from this trailer park,” said

She's not in "immediate danger". If she was abducted she's dead.:mad:

Alabama ought to have the snot slapped out of them. I have an eleven-year-old and if she was missing they would release an Amber Alert if it had to be done at gunpoint! :D

I haven't yet looked at a picture of Tabitha Tudors but this little girl looks almost identical to my daughter's best friend who is also eleven! Are girls that look like this disappearing from more states than Alabama? Because if they are I'm actually going to alert this girl's father... that is how much she looks like this little girl.

Since the man they call "dad" is not actually their dad, I wonder if they have attempted to locate her natural father and see if he took the child.

I just expressed those sentiments about this eleven year old girl, she is in danger, she is out of her circle of family and friends.

Type in Bus stop abductions for search and see for yourself how many children are abducted or attempted. Also try bus stop kidnappings.

OK, that's creepy. That's the exact same hairstyle as Tabitha, and the same length.

Now to find out how far this is from where Tabitha went missing.....

Babcat, I'd tell the dad of your daughter's friend, anyway. Ted Bundy went from one end of the country to the other.

Something needs to change in the laws of the Amber Alert. This is ridiculous! If a child is not with their parents, whether that be a runaway or abduction, it simply DOES NOT matter they still aren't with their parents where they should be!! This is absolutely WRONG! These babies need every opportunity available to them to be brought home safely. UGHH!! :fuming: It just makes me sick...why do more innocents have to be taken before laws change?! Children need our protection why does that have to be so difficult to give to them?! :dontknow:

I'm praying for little Shae and for all those not with their mommies/daddies. It just breaks my heart....there's far too many. :(

I believe there DOES need to be limitations on the Amber Alert. I have always believed this. My rationalization on this is the sheer number of children that come up missing each year. The numbers are staggering. If an Amber Alert was issued for EVERY SINGLE CHILD they would become so commonplace that motorists and others would become immune to their presence and simply learn to ignore them, which would defeat the purpose of the system. It is a classic case of "desensitization" and "conditioned response".

A huge percentage of these missing kids are KNOWN to have been taken as "Custodial Interference" or "Family Abduction". Even though this is against the law, in most cases the custodial parent would agree that the children are in no danger from the other parent. MOST parents sue for custody because they simply want their children, and feel they are the primary parent... not because the other parent is dangerous.

But in cases where no evidence exists that the non custodial parent:

• had made threats to take the children
  • had filed any court motions for custody review
  • are known to have abused the children while the marriage was intact
  • have a restraining order against them
  • are known to have been in the area

or... where some of these circumstances may exist but police have checked into it and confirmed an alibi...

an Amber Alert SHOULD be issued as soon after the disappearance as is practical, REGARDLESS of the police department's suspicions and hunches regarding the missing child. This is especially true if the child is less than 15 years of age.

Statistics will tell us that runaways, and children who willingly go with a person they know, are in just as much danger as children who are snatched by strangers. "Stranger on stranger" child deaths make up only a small percentage of the whole... and a great majority of children are killed by someone they know (though most of these killers are NOT members of the child's immediate family).

The need to have a description of the abductor or his vehicle requires the presence of eye witnesses, something skilled abductors successfully seek to avoid. Just getting the child's picture out there would be a tremendous help. Someone attempting to flee in a vehicle eventually has to get gas, has to use a public restroom, or is likely to be seen taking a child into his residence. The photo of the child broadcast to the masses could significantly put a dent in the number of successful abductions that end badly.

search for missing girl
Reward money surpasses $60,000

By Scott Parrott
Staff Writer
August 24, 2003

Email this story.

Members of the Tuders family gather Saturday morning at the search headquarters for 11-year-old Heaven LaShae Ross, who disappeared from Northport last Tuesday on her way to her school bus stop. In the center is Debra Tuders of Nashville, whose daughter, 13-year-old Tabitha, disappeared in a similar case April 29. The Tuders family said they wanted to join the search for Ross because so many people came to help them search for Tabitha after her disappearance.
Photo | Carmen Sisson

• Discuss this story

Members of the Texas-based Laura Recovery Center joined the search Saturday for Heaven LaShae Ross, dispatching more than 60 people to comb areas in Northport and Tuscaloosa for any signs of the missing 11-year-old.

But as evening came, and the final teams returned from the field, there was still no clue about what happened to Shae, who disappeared Tuesday while walking to her school bus stop.

A neighbor last saw Shae on Hunter Creek Road at about 7 a.m. Tuesday. The bus stop is on that road, not far from her home in Willowbrook Trailer Park in Northport. She is the daughter of Beth Lowery.

Police investigators also had not uncovered any leads in the case, authorities said Saturday.

Meanwhile, a $50,000 reward was offered Saturday by a private donor for the girl’s safe return ó bringing the total reward to more than $60,000 ó and search organizers said they still need more volunteers.

“We’re trying to cover as much ground as possible," said Gay Smither, co-founder of Laura Recovery Center, a national organization that helps families find missing children. “Even if someone comes and does one search, that would allow us to cover one more area that we wouldn’t have."

Smither and Bob Walcutt, the executive director of LRC, flew to Alabama early Saturday morning at the request of Shae’s family. During the next few days, they will train and dispatch searchers, then step away, Smither said.

“We hope to leave the search in the capable hands of this community, where it belongs," she said.

While some volunteers searched from early morning until night, others made fliers inside the makeshift search headquarters at 1439 McFarland Blvd., the former Gateway computer building. More than 40,000 missing-person posters, with a photo of the missing brown-eyed, red-haired girl, have been distributed. Anyone who wants to help in the search, or has any information about Shae, should call (205) 752-0383.

“We rely on the community and the volunteers, and we’ve never been let down," Walcutt said.

Laura Recovery Center trains volunteers and helps organize searches. The foundation has helped with several national cases, including that of Elizabeth Smart in Utah.

The group debriefs searchers upon their return and passes any information it gets to law enforcement, Walcutt said.

“We are searchers," he said. “We’re not police, we’re not detectives. Our job is to simply come in and help find this missing child."

Police investigators are attempting to check every lead. Many calls have come in from Alabama and other states from people who think they might have information about Shae.

A K-9 team from the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office in Florida aided the investigation Saturday, as did a police helicopter that surveyed the area surrounding where the disappearance occurred, said Sgt. Kerry Card of the Northport Police Department.

Investigators have turned up very little that could guide the case in one direction or the other, Card said.

“We’re still at ground zero," he said.

The parents of a Nashville, Tenn., girl who disappeared April 29 visited Shae’s family Saturday to offer their support.

Investigators are talking about possible links between the cases of Shae and the missing Nashville girl, 13-year-old Tabitha Tuders. Although both girls look similar and vanished while walking to a school bus, no connection has been made between the cases.

Reach Scott Parrott at scott.parrott@tuscaloosanews.com or 722-0200.

Tuderses provide comfort to family

_____Today's Top Stories_____

• Concert drug use brings few arrests
• UT president made more than those at higher-ranked schools
• Famed producer Tony Brown believes prayers, luck led to return from injury
• Making it across the tracks
• Army looking at WWII site for live ammo
• Gather your telescopes, Mars is near

E-Mail This Article

Printer-Friendly (text only)

Subscribe to The Tennessean

By HOLLY EDWARDS
Staff Writer

The mother of a missing 11-year-old girl in Northport, Ala., said yesterday that it was both comforting and painful to meet with the family of Tabitha Tuders, the 13-year-old east Nashville girl missing since April 29.

Tabitha's parents, Bo and Debra Tuders, went to Alabama yesterday to meet with the mother of Heaven LaShea Ross, who disappeared Tuesday between her home and a school bus stop about 50 yards away.

The Tuders family was not available yesterday to discuss the journey.

Investigators in Nashville and Alabama have been discussing similarities between the cases, and exploring the possibility that the cases are linked, said Sgt. Kerry Card of the Northport Police Department.

Both girls have fair skin and light hair, they are similar in age, and both disappeared on the way to a school bus stop, Card said in a telephone interview.

Heaven's mother, Beth Lowery, said the similarities between the cases were striking but said the distance between the disappearances — about 250 miles — had led her to doubt any connection.

''Part of me wants to say yes, there's a connection, and part of me wants to say no,'' Lowery said. ''But it was a comfort to see the family and talk about what they've been through. I let them do my TV interviews for me, because people down here don't know what happened to their daughter.''

The other similarity between the cases is that both have been classified as missing persons, not abductions. Because there are no suspects or witnesses in either case, police in both states have said they cannot issue an Amber Alert, a program that signals the state's law enforcement agencies, media outlets and the public with specific details about a child thought to be endangered and missing.

''We have to have some evidence that the child is in imminent danger of serious injury or death and we have to provide a description of the person or vehicle seen near the abduction,'' Card said.

Canine units and dozens of Northport and Tuscaloosa police officers joined the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Alabama Bureau of Investigation in searching for Heaven yesterday, but no trace of the child had been found by late afternoon. More than 100 community members also joined the search, Card said.

If it weren't for the fact that I have my location listed (and most people know my full name) I would post a link to a picture of my daughter's best friend. It would literally give you "shivers" to see the resemblance. When I first saw the picture of Heaven I almost fell off my chair. :eek:

I wonder if there is a connection.

How wonderful that Tabithas parents have been comforting Heaven's parents.

I hope the Perp is caught ASAP.

Babcat, tell your friend, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Aussie

Babcat,

You make some excellent points. I hadn't really thought about it that way. I guess the parent in me just gets so upset thinking about how scared these poor babies have to be that I just want to see everything done that can be. But you are very right if a alert was issued for every child it would very easily become a case of desensitzation...and that would be a true crime against these children.

Hopefully they can find a good solution one of these days that at least gives these "missing" (not proven to be in danger) children something more than what they can give them now. Something that gives them a better chance at being found.

Thanks for giving me a different angle to look at. :)

...and nice to meet you. I always appreciate kind words. :wavy:

This was emailed to me by a person who is registered but cannot post here yet. It is quite interesting. She/He wanted me to share it.

These links are about another 11 year old girl who only lived 90 miles away from
Heaven Ross in a trailer park in Prattville, Alabama. It is a straight shot up US Hwy. 82.
She disappeared August 16, 2001 (almost 2 years ago to the day that Heaven disappeared on August 19).
Her body was found two months later by hunters and her killer has never been caught.

I know the Ross case could be a link to the Tuders case
( though Nashville is 248 miles from Northport also a straight shot just up I-65), however, I
thought Shannon Paulk's case could be just as likely a link especially considering the age,
distance, date of disappearance, trailer park connection, and photo of the child.
They may have been built differently though.
Both children are described as friendly and could be likely to accept rides.
Both had older sisters.

In some links, Shannon's hair is longer but in the first one, she had a "bob" that
was just above her sholders. Her hair was sandy and her eyes were green. They look dark.

http://www.amw.com/site/thisweek/P/PaulkShannon/paulkindex.html

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=1405939&nav=0RdEHVtP

http://www.geocities.com/shannonpaulk/

http://www.bannerkids.org/states/alabama/SHANNON_NICOLE_PAULK.htm

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?s= 899337

I just thought it might be a good idea to throw this case in the mix and see what we got.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back