Please Read/ New Way of Reporting Re-Directs

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

If you are experiencing re-direct ads we need you to do the following:

START A NEW THREAD EVERY TIME YOU GET A POP-UP OR A RE-DIRECT AND INCLUDE THE INFORMATION BELOW:

1- Look at the time as soon as a redirect pops up. We need an exact time of when you received the re-direct. You see a re-direct look at the time and make note

2- Take a screenshot. If you don't know how to take a screen-shot use your cell phone and take a picture. If you don't know how to post a picture from your phone contact me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and I will help you.

3- copy the link to the Websleuths page you are on when the redirect happens and include that in your post.

4-Give us your IP address. Go to Google and type in "What is my IP" and it will come up.

5-Tell us what you are using such as iPad Firefox or Desktop Chrome

6- Start a NEW THREAD EVERY TIME you get a re-direct and can provide us this information. Since re-directs can come from a million different sources we want a thread for each re-direct so we can address the issue properly.

If you can't provide us this information then we can't do anything. The only way we can possibly track down what is going on is if you give us this information.

Because of information provided earlier we have been able to make an adjustment that should help the situation.

Some of the problems could be with some downloaded applications. Over the weekend I will post great information Dave gave me about downloading apps among other things.

Thank you very much for your patience and your help.

Take Care,
Tricia

Thanks Tricia and Dave! We know you guys are trying.

Bumpity Bump

Bumpity Bump

Tricia, just wanted to do a shout out of :tyou: Today for the first time in years, WS is loading and updating within seconds instead of 8 minutes (yeah, I have really slow less than 1 mbps download... :( )

It is like a :happydance: today with the speed of the site. Not sure what has changed... but WOW!

Not sure if this is the correct thread to thank you, but wanted to ensure it's noticed!

THANK YOU BENTLY!

We have moved to a MUCH FASTER server. It's bigger, better and the new server ROCKS!!

Dave did all the work so a big shout out of thanks to Dave.

It is so nice to click on this forum and see this kind message. Thank you.

Tricia

Tricia, just wanted to do a shout out of :tyou: Today for the first time in years, WS is loading and updating within seconds instead of 8 minutes (yeah, I have really slow less than 1 mbps download... :( )

It is like a :happydance: today with the speed of the site. Not sure what has changed... but WOW!

Not sure if this is the correct thread to thank you, but wanted to ensure it's noticed!

My issues continue. When typing letters are slow to show up. Thanking posts difficult. Pages slow loading. 2 different laptops. One I use IE the other Firefox. Sometimes I get a small window of time where things work fairly well. Like right now. Worse for me since the upgrade.

Whatever y'all are doing to fix the redirect issue is working. I haven't had any since I last reported via pm last week.

Well I have had an IT guy here and he says it's the dang ad sites. I will gladly pay for no ads. Sad to say but I don't have time in my life for the aggravation. After 10 thousand sum posts I have never even been contacted by anyone other than a poster with a solution.. I will give it a few days and then I am gondy. I am not spending another 100.00 dollars to be told the same thing. I don't get the ad directs. I can barely thank. Slow loading. Despite the best of the best high speed here. I type words they barely show without taking ten minutes of pounding on keys. I get websleuths not responding. Refresh, refresh. sometimes I get kicked off. When I sign in that is another several minutes or attempts. It would be nice if I got an answer. Considering it took me 15 min. to even make this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been complaining for months but it was random. Now it is pretty much most of the time. I get a small window typically late night???????????????????????????

Well I have had an IT guy here and he says it's the dang ad sites. I will gladly pay for no ads. Sad to say but I don't have time in my life for the aggravation. After 10 thousand sum posts I have never even been contacted by anyone other than a poster with a solution.. I will give it a few days and then I am gondy. I am not spending another 100.00 dollars to be told the same thing. I don't get the ad directs. I can barely thank. Slow loading. Despite the best of the best high speed here. I type words they barely show without taking ten minutes of pounding on keys. I get websleuths not responding. Refresh, refresh. sometimes I get kicked off. When I sign in that is another several minutes or attempts. It would be nice if I got an answer. Considering it took me 15 min. to even make this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been complaining for months but it was random. Now it is pretty much most of the time. I get a small window typically late night???????????????????????????
Bravo,

I'd hate to see you go! I use Tapatalk and have no ads, no issues. Have you tried using Chrome for your browser? I'm just brainstorming with no real answers. I've enjoyed your posts for years.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I haven't "won" anything in several days!! Yay! Thank you Tricia and Dave!!

my screens keep getting stuck at the two ads on the bottom of the page and it won't let me scroll up. Its an the feel the heat broadway and the other one on the left.. both 'movies' just started doing it again today........ yesterday it just froze on me. I'm on chrome. it just keeps taking me to the bottom of the pages......... ugh then my screen flashes for a few seconds.. then i can type again.

Bravo,

I'd hate to see you go! I use Tapatalk and have no ads, no issues. Have you tried using Chrome for your browser? I'm just brainstorming with no real answers. I've enjoyed your posts for years.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thank You for your kind post. I will get it figured out. I have enjoyed yours too. I just lost my mind momentarily LOL

my screens keep getting stuck at the two ads on the bottom of the page and it won't let me scroll up. Its an the feel the heat broadway and the other one on the left.. both 'movies' just started doing it again today........ yesterday it just froze on me. I'm on chrome. it just keeps taking me to the bottom of the pages......... ugh then my screen flashes for a few seconds.. then i can type again.

If this happens to you again Kakidoll please start a brand new thread for the problem.

Can you please tell me what you are using (iPhone, iPad, Desk top ) the names of the ads and the exact time please? Remember start a brand new thread.
Thank you,
Tricia

I have something wonky going on..... the page is jumping back and forth between two ads. It only happens here on the websleuths site. I use safari. Not sure if I sould start a thread or not

I have something wonky going on..... the page is jumping back and forth between two ads. It only happens here on the websleuths site. I use safari. Not sure if I sould start a thread or not

I take it you are using an iPad?

Not starting a thread since I just saw this one. A couple of days ago, I clicked on a banner that said that .. we have lost "H......h", and there was something to click on. I don't remember the name, but it wasn't a long name, began and ended with letter "H." Thinking that this was a WS announcement, I clicked! Thought we had lost an important WS member. Well, the page that came up was very alarming i.e., I have a Trojan, call a 1-800 number for MICROSOFT!!!!!

LOL, being as I haven't upgraded, I'm still using Win xp Prof, SP3, and MS is not one bit interested in helping me out of anything. I was not able to get off the page, and had to turn off the computer to get out of that hangup.

BTY, my typing is very delayed at times, and I get a lot of notices that I can wait for a page or kill it. Not just on WS though. I have to wait for a new computer and new version of windows before complaining about that! It might go away after upgrading. :)

The ad "from Microsoft" was in the space for the initial ad on the page, though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back