Trial - Ross Harris #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya, Hope4More,

If you are not one, you should become an attorney b/c, girlfriend, you do enjoy a good argument. I adore the way you pepper your statements with dramatic flair. I am premed, but still read your passionate arguments.

RSBM for focus
The interview with Stoddard began less than two hours after Ross Harris pulled the body of his dead baby out of the car, and before he was even allowed to speak to his wife, who, thanks to LE, was forced to find out her baby had died from a television newsflash.

A little over two years ago, when I was still watching TV, the crime scene at Akers Mill was filmed live by HLN. Media had eyes and ears on the ground and eyes in the sky. I was shocked to see the father of the dead little boy pacing around the scene, holding his phone to his ear.

During that live breaking news HLN telecast, JRH appeared to abandon his child on the pavement when he walked away with his phone to his ear. It doesn't matter if he was trying to call God on his smart phone. JRH, nevertheless, should have been with and overseeing his little buddy's care but, no, he dreaded how Cooper would look.

Ross called LHs phone and hung up the call before dialing LAA. It is not LEOs fault how Leeanna learned of Cooper's death. Ross made his 'discovery' of Cooper around the time that Leeanna was due to pick up Cooper at LAA.
:moo:

Adding to my list of what I think Leanna might testify to on the stand:

1. She told RH on the night of the 17th that she wasn't thrilled with him going to the movies with his work friends, because she felt he hadn't been spending enough time with Cooper. He had responded by telling her he would make it up to Cooper by taking him to one of their dad-son breakfasts at CFA ( explaining "coincidence" of CFA breakfast that morning).

2. That Cooper often fell asleep quickly in the car, and hadn't slept well for 2 nights before the 18th.

3. That she and RH had ongoing problems in their marriage, but both were equally adamant to keep working on it , because of their faith and because neither wanted to harm Cooper.

4. That RH had been depressed in May (the month in which he sent the exactly one text ever that could be interpreted as hostile towards Cooper) after not receiving a promotion and being turned down at CFA, and he had been irritable because of feeling depressed, but that had passed.

hiya, hope4more,

if you are not one, you should become an attorney b/c, girlfriend, you do enjoy a good argument. I adore the way you pepper your statements with dramatic flair. I am premed, but still read your passionate arguments.

rsbm for focus

a little over two years ago, when i was still watching tv, the crime scene at akers mill was filmed live by hln. Media had eyes and ears on the ground and eyes in the sky. I was shocked to see the father of the dead little boy pacing around the scene, holding his phone to his ear.

During that live breaking news hln telecast, jrh appeared to abandon his child on the pavement when he walked away with his phone to his ear. It doesn't matter if he was trying to call god on his smart phone. Jrh, nevertheless, should have been with and overseeing his little buddy's care but, no, he dreaded how cooper would look.

Ross called lhs phone and hung up the call before dialing laa. It is not leos fault how leeanna learned of cooper's death. Ross made his 'discovery' of cooper around the time that leeanna was due to pick up cooper at laa.

^^^^^^^^^^. Yes!!!!!!!

You wouldn't have been able to get my kid out of my arms. I would be draped over him and not letting anyone touch him once pronounced. I wouldn't even know where my phone was

Peach, why did you think he might be compared to Furman as early as that? I really haven't paid much attention to this case prior to the trial so just wondering what I'd missed.

I have been following this case from day 1. For those of us who have been following the case and watching the pre-trial hearings, LE 's missstatements were obvious before the trial began. The DT had hit LE's mischaracterizations hard in the media so it wasn't a surprise that they dismantled the witnesses during the trial.

True. At this point, even though I believe that he 'probably' did this ugly thing impulsively , spur of the moment.... I have not seen 100% iron clad proof that he did so.

At this point I would lean towards Negligence.

But I don't think that a sleeping baby automatically makes him innocent either. JMO

Is 100% iron clad proof required? I thought you just needed beyond a 'reasonable' doubt.

Hiya, Hope4More,

If you are not one, you should become an attorney b/c, girlfriend, you do enjoy a good argument. I adore the way you pepper your statements with dramatic flair. I am premed, but still read your passionate arguments.

RSBM for focus

A little over two years ago, when I was still watching TV, the crime scene at Akers Mill was filmed live by HLN. Media had eyes and ears on the ground and eyes in the sky. I was shocked to see the father of the dead little boy pacing around the scene, holding his phone to his ear.

During that live breaking news HLN telecast, JRH appeared to abandon his child on the pavement when he walked away with his phone to his ear. It doesn't matter if he was trying to call God on his smart phone. JRH, nevertheless, should have been with and overseeing his little buddy's care but, no, he dreaded how Cooper would look.

Ross called LHs phone and hung up the call before dialing LAA. It is not LEOs fault how Leeanna learned of Cooper's death. Ross made his 'discovery' of Cooper around the time that Leeanna was due to pick up Cooper at LAA.

LOL. Busted. I do indeed enjoy a good argument- it's my favorite intellectual sport, always has been. My DH has told me for 21 years I should have been a lawyer, but one in the family is enough, and I've been fortunate enough to have had other professional opportunities to argue and persuade to my heart's content. :)

It's interesting, your take on the visual of that newscast. I wonder how many others thought it hinky RH was in his phone. Stoddard sure did, lol. I just don't.

I consider his actions as triage, what a person might do if in shock. He had tried CPR, but he knew immediately Cooper had been in the car all day and had to be dead. He AND that good Samaritan laid Cooper on the pavement because it was the closest place to lay him down and tending to Cooper was as urgent as it gets.

RH didn't walk away until the GS had taken over CPR, but he already knew it was hopeless. He saw bystanders on their phones and knew at least one (and up to 4) were calling 911.

What should his priority have been at that point? I think it's entirely understandable that he felt frantic to reach Leanna, his wife, Cooper's mother, because he knew for a fact she would panic, immediately, when she went to pick up Cooper and he wasn't there. Imo,it would have been disturbing if he DIDN'T try to do that.

And, I do think it was LE's fault Leanna found out the way she did. IMO, it was cruel that LE didn't allow RH to try calling her again, or if that was a bridge too far, then they should have called Leanna themselves.

Happy Friday Everyone. Kinda Creepy that the Def first full day will be Halloween.

Did they show the new scan to the judge prior to them going to show to Jury?

My feeling is that RH still thinks he is going to get off of this. Then what? I can't believe HD would take him back after seeing what he does at work all day. LH has divorced him, surely to God she wouldn't take him back. I don't know the status of his parents, are they at the trial? have they ever spoken out?
I agree that he is one who thinks he is the smartest in the room, but to me he misplayed how to react to finding his son dead, at his own hand. His actions is what set everyone's hinky meter off, including mine. There is no set way to respond, but some responses are just not believable.
I say let's let R be the smartest person in prison for a couple of decades. Might do him some good.
MOO

Court reconvenes. David Dustin, an expert in 3D laser scanning and image mapping returns to the stand to continue his testimony from yesterday.

Prosecutor Jesse Evans is handling the direct examination of Dustin. Evans introduces the 3D animation video that Dustin's firm developed. Defense attorney Carlos Rodriguez objects, saying the video is a demonstrative aid and not evidence and shouldn't be introduced as evidence. Judge Mary Staley Clark overrules him.

My feeling is that RH still thinks he is going to get off of this. Then what? I can't believe HD would take him back after seeing what he does at work all day. LH has divorced him, surely to God she wouldn't take him back. I don't know the status of his parents, are they at the trial? have they ever spoken out?
I agree that he is one who thinks he is the smartest in the room, but to me he misplayed how to react to finding his son dead, at his own hand. His actions is what set everyone's hinky meter off, including mine. There is no set way to respond, but some responses are just not believable.
I say let's let R be the smartest person in prison for a couple of decades. Might do him some good.
MOO

The sexting charges are no joke. The Georgia lawyer in the court chatter vid, Phil Holloway, said if convicted and sentenced to the max on charges 6-8 RH could get 12 years. On the second set of 8 in a second trial he faces up to 46 years.

That person with the wheezy cough needs a check up I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOO

I believe he definitely thinks he will get off, and often times his facial expressions make me think he doesn't understand why something he did or said raised suspicions or why something is being discussed at all. He doesn't think he did anything wrong. Sometimes he does seem to have a look on his face like, "hmm...that looks worse than I thought it would."

I firmly believe he did this to Cooper intentionally. A big deal has been made about him not leaning into the car with the lightbulbs so he didn't see Cooper. What about when he physically climbed into the car after work? He had to have looked right when putting his stuff in, if nothing else to avoid his lightbulbs since he didn't know where those ended up. He had to have known Cooper was in the car at that time but still drove away with his dead body in order to stage a scene with lots of witnesses.

Oddly, I think LeAnna would take Ross back in a red hot second if he gets off on these charges but he wouldn't take her back. Or maybe he would, begrudgingly, in order to add to his story of being an innocent, loving father and husband.

look what ad is on my WS right now :silly: ws ad.JPG

While this 3D scan thing is interesting and would be helpful in accident reconstruction. IN THIS CASE, I think it is wrong since the info provided was not on factual info orig (Stoddard) and the whole above the area puts in into another view that would not be factual for RH. JMHO AND Mr. Dustin can't tell the height above looking at would be or his line of sight. We don't see in 3D. 6'2 is the height of RH.

Bam he said Grimstead gave him crime scene he didn't have orig (as Stoddard had testified that he showed him, and Dustin had testified he didnt)

Trying to say RH and the good Samaritan should have looked around and chosen a different place to put Cooper down.

Evans submits the videos as evidence. Rodriguez rises to ask the witness questions about the videos before they're shown. He asks Dustin how he determined the arrangement of various objects, including people, in Ross Harris's Hyundai Tucson SUV for the purposes of creating a computer model of the vehicle. Dustin says police investigators gave him that information.

The defendant changes chairs at the defense table so he has a better view of the flat screen the prosecution is using. The first view is a 3D laser scan of the courtroom, to demonstrate the accuracy of the process, Evans says. The rendering of the courtroom is an extraordinarily clear image in which Dustin can change the view to practically any vantage point, as if the viewer were moving around the courtroom, ducking down, looking up, etc.

Evans asks whether this sort of 3D photo-rendering can be done outdoors as well as inside. Dustin says yes. Dustin acknowledges that the Cobb police asked him to scan the Akers Mill Square shopping center to create a similar 3D mapping of the place where Harris stopped and pulled Cooper's body out of his SUV. It takes a moment to load this onto the screen.

Dustin displays the Akers Mills Square area and tells Evans he was able to position Harris's SUV there because investigators had marked the vehicle's tire positions before removing the vehicle. In this rendering of the car, the vehicle does not have a roof. Looking from above, the viewer can see inside the car.

3D%20scan%201.jpg

Prosectuor Jesse Evans shows the jury a 3D scan of the Akers Mill Square parking lot, including Justin Ross Harris' SUV

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/minute-minute-the-justin-ross-harris-trial-oct/hxhLRIbpQMr4wj0AW6dk5N/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado