Found Deceased UK - Antoine Maury, 21, Edinburgh, 24 October 2016

Ellmau

Reaction score
French student has disappeared.

Antoine Maury, 21, was last seen on Monday at 22:30 after leaving friends at Edinburgh College's Milton Road East Campus.

Police said there was a possible sighting of a man matching Mr Maury's description near the Duddingston Village area of Holyrood Park, heading into the park, on Monday between 22:45 and 23:00.

The man was topless.

Laura and Pascal Maury [parents] said their son's disappearance was completely out of character.

Mrs [sic] Maury said her son was well liked and had been enjoying his studies in Scotland.

He has been a student at Edinburgh College for three months.

"He is a very happy young man and there is no reason to believe my son would run away."

Mr Maury was described as white, of medium build, 6ft with short brown hair, a beard and has a bleeding hand tattoo on his forearm.

He has a good level of English, but was unfamiliar with Edinburgh.

He has lost his glasses and his eyesight is not very good.

There's a public search of Holyrood Park this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-37805568

I worry that he might have gotten high on something stronger than he is used to. Just from references on hs FB from friends---seems they like to be like college students often are and get high when possible---worried that he got lost

I worry that he might have gotten high on something stronger than he is used to.

That was my first thought too and it would tie in with the chap saying that he saw him running topless and 'looking agitated'.

I saw an article on the BBC a few days ago that divers were searching Duddingston Loch, so I guess no news is good news there.

Sad that there is still no update here, a whole week later. I hope for a happy ending, but the longer it goes on the less likely it seems.

Such a shame - and so little to go on, in terms of searching. He could have wandered anywhere really.

There is an update from today now on Police Scotlands website. They now want to speak to anyone in Holyrood Park at the time even if they didn't see him.

I wonder if that means they have doubts about the last sighting?

Could be to narrow down the timeframe he was last seen, if they know he wasn't seem after a certain time it can help work out the direction he went by eliminating where he didn't go.

Personally I think it is likely he is in Duddingston loch as that was the direction he was heading. However on saying that I'd emphasise Holyrood isn't just a small city park with a few swings, it is absolutely huge. There are lots of trees, hills and cliffs so he could be anywhere in there.

Bump for Antoine. Barely any news coverage here in Edinburgh although he is still listed as a missing person!

It's gone really quiet, hasn't it? I have an alert set up for new news articles, but nothing much has been coming through. Really hoped he'd have been found by now.

It's gone really quiet, hasn't it? I have an alert set up for new news articles, but nothing much has been coming through. Really hoped he'd have been found by now.

Very quiet. Almost as if there is no urgency. :( I wonder what's is going on behind the scenes, if the police have any leads. I am sure they will have..

Thanks for adding to UK list, Dancecard. I'd heard mention of this lad on Corrie's thread but hadn't seen this one and for some reason thought he'd been found.

Thanks for adding to UK list, Dancecard. I'd heard mention of this lad on Corrie's thread but hadn't seen this one and for some reason thought he'd been found.

I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing adding it! I've been spendng so much time on Corrie's thread I haven't been following my other subscriptions.
Corrie's thread being temporarily closed this morning has given me some time to look at other cases.

I'm just catching up on this one, I hadn't heard anything about it.

I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing adding it! I've been spendng so much time on Corrie's thread I haven't been following my other subscriptions.
Corrie's thread being temporarily closed this morning has given me some time to look at other cases.

I'm just catching up on this one, I hadn't heard anything about it.

Well it pinged up in my subs list, so thanks!

It is strange that he hasn't turned up yet. I wonder if anyone's checked the far side of Duddingston Loch recently. Even send a drone over or something.

Duddingston is a bird sanctuary so I think a drone wouldn't be allowed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back