CANADA Canada - Danielle Boisvert, 18, Montreal, Que, 6 Nov 1979

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/733dfqc.html
attachment.php

Danielle Boisvert
Missing since November 6, 1979 from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: January 29, 1961
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2" (157 cm); 110 lbs. (50 Kg)
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes
    [*]Marks, Scars: Scar on left cheek.
    [*]DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Boisvert was last seen in the Brasserie Bourget in North Montreal in the evening of November 6, 1979. She left at about 23.00 after having a few beers. She didn't report to work the following morning and has never been seen again.

Attachments

• DBoisvert.jpg
    DBoisvert.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 313
[video=vimeo;40394699]https://vimeo.com/40394699[/video]

So we don't have much info on her. I do not read enough French to tackle the French articles. I would like to know more about her. Did she just finish high school? Was she going to a 2 or 4 year college? Learning a trade? Where did she work? A significant other? Living alone, with family, with a roommate?

We need to know whether she was on foot or driving a car. If she was driving, and if the car hasn't been located, she could have driven into a body of water and drowned. The info that's been posted doesn't even say whether she left alone.

I,m sure there are people that could do a better job translating...but I read some things (just giving back what this articels say)

From an articel in sympatico actualités, 7 august 2015: a couple of years ago the family gave dna, because LE wanted to know if she was a victim of a serial killer named Robert Pickton, but that trail went dead.

From an articel in Le journal de Montréal, 16-11-2009. Of course it is about the missing, the pain etc. (they never stopped looking for her, dropped photo's/flyers in every corner of Canada, and still put up her picture at the walls of the place she was last seen), but I try to filter out some things that could help us. She has 5 brothers and sisters and at the time the articel was writen her mother is still living and 78 years. Her younger brother beleaves that if somebody nows something, it has to be in Montreal North. In 2009 he and her mother are still living there. He asked time after time the people who knew her, but sometimes they get tiered of it. A few years before 2009 the receaved a message from a social worker who thought he had seen her on the streets, but that also lead to nothing. Thirty years after she went missing they asked LE for a copy of her files and the investigation, because the wanted to know if LE overlooked something or if there where things that LE had not shared with them, but they where turned down. They did not get acces to the files. The writen 'no' was actualy delivered on the same day she was missing 30 years!!! The brother went after that twice to LE to speak to the detective handling the case but could not speak to him and they didn't even call him back. Now they arranged a conversation with help of a charity organisation who helps people who's loved ones are killed/missing.

20-5-2015 At the time she went missing she was living with her boyfriend in Montréal North. It was very unusual back then in that nayborhood that stuf like that happened. She went with some friends to a bar and left alone that night. Her mother (then more than 80 years) want to know what happened, did her boyfriend to something to her, was she trafficked, killed? Nobody knows anything.

Sorry for my croocked English (speaking Dutch, translating from French to English.....hahahaha)

From Réseau Enfant-retour/The missing Children's Network Facebookpage

On November 6, 1979, eighteen-year-old Danielle Boisvert and her boyfriend left their apartment in Montreal-North to join friends at a local brasserie. On their way, the couple had an argument and Danielle’s boyfriend returned home, while Danielle decided to meet up with her friends as planned. Around 11 o’clock, the bartender saw Danielle say good-bye to her friends and leave the establishment. She has not been seen since.

[url]http://reseauenfantsretour.ong/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Journ%C3%A9e-nationale-des-enfants-disparus-35-ans-d%C3%A9j%C3%A0-pour-Danielle-Boisvert-985fm.pdf

http://reseauenfantsretour.ong/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Journée-nationale-des-enfants-disparus-35-ans-déjà-pour-Danielle-Boisvert-985fm.pdf[/URL]
Among the hundreds of unresolved disappearances in Quebec, the Danielle Boisvert case is undoubtedly one of the most Mysterious.
Disappeared for 35 years
The 18-year-old woman, with no history, lived with her boyfriend in Montreal North. On the evening of 6 November 1979,
She went out to have a drink with friends at the brasserie Bourget. She left the bar, alone, around 11.30 pm and
Ever since. That was 35 years ago.
Pina Arcamone, Executive Director of the Réseau Enfant-Retour Québec remembers being very surprised to learn
The disappearance of an 18-year-old woman in Montreal North when she arrived in 1979.
"I've been in Montreal North since 1976, it happened in my backyard and I had never heard of it before
To arrive at Enfant-Retour. Was it because she was 18? Was it a voluntary departure? To one
fugue? It's difficult to understand. "
Danielle Boisvert
For his part, the family, including his mother Yvette Boisvert, who today is more than 80 years old, hopes that the truth
Will one day burst.
"Is it his spouse, the white slave trade, was she abused when he left the bar?"
Any information on the disappearance of Danielle Boisvert can be transmitted anonymously and confidentially to the
514-393-1133

The bar she was visiting called: Brasserie Bourget. It's late and I should have read it in the first post....

Bit of Hope,
Thanks for the translation.

Ozoner,
You are correct. We have to know if she was on foot or in her car.

What about the boyfriend?

Bit of Hope,
Thanks for the translation.

Ozoner,
You are correct. We have to know if she was on foot or in her car.

What about the boyfriend?

I don't know if she walked or went with a car. The articels don't talk about that (maybe in the video, but I didn't had time to listen to it) I got the feeling she was on foot (living in the neighborhood) Looking at the video (without sound) I saw a road nameplate and an adress number and I think it's something about the route she took or the adress. I want to check that out, but it's French and they speak so quick that is hard for me to follow instantly. I have to "tune in" first :laughing:

As for the boyfriend...hmmmm also nothing about him yet (even her mother questions his innocents....) I could not find anyting about that also. I have the feeling the CA LE didn't do very solid work on this case and shared very little, alsmost nothing about the investigation. In general I find (searched the Canada's database of missing persons numerous times and also considering the big problems with the investigation of missing and killing of aboriginal women) that cases/the police is not very transparant. Lots of times there is a lack of information (even such thing as if she was on foot or with a car) to realy make a good contribution to the search of missing persons. But at least we can try!!
I guess every country has his own privacy laws and stuff.

The strangest thing is that we have a case in The Netherlands who look a lot the same like this, in the sense that a girl went missing, there was a boyfriend, no evidence, the boyfriend lifes abroad now and the case went cold. She isn't even on our missing persons list..... (I think a family wish, but I don't know)

Hi there, It's to hard for me to translate from the video. I asked Giucy if she is willing to help us out. She lives in France. Keep you posted.

Yup ! Here I am !

For the video translation, do you need me to translate the whole video or only a summary ?

Hi there!! I think relevant things are good enough, but if you want to make a transcription that would be totaly better. I leave it up to you how many time you can/want to spent. Thank you sooooo much!!

Sorry for the late translation, so much work !!

So, I will summarize the relevant points.

- 3rd of 6 children.
- Just left family home to live w her bf
- Like some family members, works in a clothing factory, textile industry. Vely St Laurent.
- argument w bf while en route to the brasserie. Bf back home wo going to the brasserie. Danielle arrives at the bar wo bf (waiter saw her, called her a taxi to get back home). «*You’ll take a cab*» confirmed by a witness.
No one witnessed seeing Danielle after she went out of the brasserie that night.
- Nov 7th, 1979, aunt rings door bell. Bf answers «*doesn’t know where is Danielle, might be sleeping to a friend’s*». Then, sister went to work.
- For Denis Boivert, Danielle’s brother, she was also intoxicated w alcohol + hard drugs the night she went missing
- 1995, Denis tried to track Danielle’s bf to be sure he didn’t omitted to give important clues. But when father tracked bf, he died a few days earlier in his home’s fire.
Christian went to PEI, because had tip from a psychic. No results.
- 1998, clue to cops. SW alleges having seen Danielle in BC. Unfounded sight.
- Family gave DNA to identify Robert Pickton’s victims. To no avail.
- Since Nov 6th, 1979, Danielle Boisvert never used her social insurence, bank accounts…
- Hypothesis*: bf, unknown criminal, white women human trafficking, memory loss (IMHO, we can’t discount the memory loss due to alcohol + hard drugs together)
- Postcard received a few years later by one of Danielle’s sister at family home, from «*Micheline*» (possible alias). Family would like to know who is this «*Micheline*».

Sorry for the late translation, so much work !!

So, I will summarize the relevant points.

- 3rd of 6 children.
- Just left family home to live w her bf
- Like some family members, works in a clothing factory, textile industry. Vely St Laurent.
- argument w bf while en route to the brasserie. Bf back home wo going to the brasserie. Danielle arrives at the bar wo bf (waiter saw her, called her a taxi to get back home). «*You’ll take a cab*» confirmed by a witness.
No one witnessed seeing Danielle after she went out of the brasserie that night.
- Nov 7th, 1979, aunt rings door bell. Bf answers «*doesn’t know where is Danielle, might be sleeping to a friend’s*». Then, sister went to work.
- For Denis Boivert, Danielle’s brother, she was also intoxicated w alcohol + hard drugs the night she went missing
- 1995, Denis tried to track Danielle’s bf to be sure he didn’t omitted to give important clues. But when father tracked bf, he died a few days earlier in his home’s fire.
Christian went to PEI, because had tip from a psychic. No results.
- 1998, clue to cops. SW alleges having seen Danielle in BC. Unfounded sight.
- Family gave DNA to identify Robert Pickton’s victims. To no avail.
- Since Nov 6th, 1979, Danielle Boisvert never used her social insurence, bank accounts…
- Hypothesis*: bf, unknown criminal, white women human trafficking, memory loss (IMHO, we can’t discount the memory loss due to alcohol + hard drugs together)
- Postcard received a few years later by one of Danielle’s sister at family home, from «*Micheline*» (possible alias). Family would like to know who is this «*Micheline*».

Merci for this Giucy!
The "Micheline" mystery postcard is interesting, wonder if it came from somewhere in Quebec or elsewhere?
Surprised about the " hard drugs ".imo.

In those days, hard drugs were common in parties. It was not such a deal as it is nowadays.
Many people her age took hard drugs when partying, it was not considered as a sign of problematic behavior in those days (not talking about continuous use). Nowadays, it would had been dealt with a heavy hand even trying it at a party.
In the historical context, it's not surprising. Remember, we were in 1979, Montréal North, working class place.
In 30 years, our views about drugs have drastically shifted.

The video didn't give a whole lot of details about the postcard. When, from where ? No clue.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back