CANADA Canada - Leslie Katnick, 26, Halifax, NS, 1 Nov 1991

dotr

Reaction score
attachment.php

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasc...year-investigation-into-woman’s-disappearance
Nov 1 2016
Police are continuing to investigate the disappearance of Leslie Anne Katnick after she went missing 25 years ago.

On Tuesday, Halifax Regional Police marked the 25th anniversary of Katnick’s disappearance by renewing their commitment to the investigation.
On Nov. 4, 1991, Katnick’s father reported her missing to police in Montreal where she had been living.
The last time she was seen by either friends or family was Nov. 1, 1991.
The investigation revealed that Katnick registered at the Halifax YMCA on Nov. 2, 1991 for several nights and returned the key on Nov. 4.
Her bank card was also used in Halifax on Nov. 2 that same year.
Police say no further information has come to light with respect to her whereabouts, but the circumstances of her disappearance are suspicious and foul play may be involved.
This case is part of the Nova Scotia Department of Justice Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program.
Police are asking anyone with information about Katnick’s disappearance to call 902-490-5016 or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

Lois and Jack Katnick have no idea what happened to their daughter Leslie after she suddenly left Montreal for Halifax on Nov. 1, 1991. All they know is she left a good–bye note for her boyfriend telling him she had to leave
. Like Surrey, B.C., residents Ann and Wayne King before them, the

"We felt we had to come out here,'' said Mrs. Katnick, president of the Montreal chapter of the National Council of Jewish Women. After a news story and photo ran locally last month without yielding any new leads, they felt a visit to the city was necessary.
Leslie withdrew $100 from a bank machine at Maritime Centre around 5 p.m. on Nov. 2, 1991, and she spent two nights at the Barrington Street YWCA. But there's been no trace of her since; her bank accounts, credit cards, and hospital card haven't been touched.

Attachments

• B97628247Z.120161101130434000G2NFAOO3.11.jpg
    B97628247Z.120161101130434000G2NFAOO3.11.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 62
http://www.kingscountynews.ca/News/...w-leads-in-25-year-old-missing-persons-case/1
Nov 2 2016

[h=1]Halifax police search for new leads in 25-year-old missing persons case[/h]

A police investigation found that Katnick had registered for a several-night stay at the Halifax YMCA and used her bank card in the area. Police say nothing is known about her whereabouts after she returned her key a few days later.
Halifax Regional Police describe Katnick’s disappearance as “suspicious” and say foul play may be involved.
Investigators say they have reason to believe there are people who have information about Katnick’s disappearance and have asked them to contact police at (902) 490-5016.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/montrealgazette/obituary.aspx?n=leslie-katnick&pid=182244071
Leslie KATNICK

In Memoriam
1357432_20161102.jpg

In loving memory of my sister,
Leslie Anne Katnick
25 years ago, you disappeared
at 25 years of age on
November 1, 1991.
Be it suicide, murder or purposeful disappearance, you have now
been a longing in our hearts for
as many years as you had filled
our hearts with joy.
Time has not softened the
pit of sadness.
After years of hoping for finality,
I take this moment to at
least say goodbye.
Goodbye sister and best friend.
I miss your sincerity, kind- heartedness and warm smile.
I hope you found peace,
Mira Katnick
Any information regarding Leslie can be directed to the Halifax Police at (902) 490-5333
or via Crime Stoppers

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasc...year-investigation-into-woman’s-disappearance
Leslie is five feet 10 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. She has brown hair, brown eyes and wears glasses. Anyone with information about her is asked to call their police department or Montreal's Missing Children Network.

Feb. 20, 1993 — Couple searching for daughter heartened after leaving Halifax
Barry Dorey, Police Reporter

The parents of a missing Montreal woman left Halifax on Friday with some peace of mind, but without any real clues to where their daughter may be.
Jack and Lois Katnick found proof that 26–year–old Leslie spent at least two days in the city's YWCA in November 1991 but, except for a couple of reported sightings, the trail ended there. They returned home Friday and hope to look for clues in Maine, where the family once lived.
The couple was heartened Thursday by a report from a local rabbi, who believes he met Leslie in January 1992. A tall girl asked about learning Hebrew at Beth Israel synagogue on Oxford Street and told the rabbi she was a physiology graduate.
"The interesting thing is that Leslie is not Jewish," said Mr. Katnick, adding his wife converted to Judaism four years ago.
"He looked at the photos and he didn't say no, but he couldn't say 100 per cent it was her. He remembered she was tall, had brown hair and was staying across the street with friends.''
The description loosely matches Leslie and, if it was her, it would indicate she stayed at least three months in Halifax.

I pray the Katnick family will locate Leslie someday and get the peace and closure they deserve. I lived in Halifax during the late 90's and I know the city very well. I recently wrote an article in my blog about a number of unsolved cases in the Halifax area. Leslie's disappearance was among those featured... for some reason her story and the Kimberly McAndew dissappearnce affected me a little more than the others. Perhaps because they were never found. Someone out there knows something that can solve this mystery .. I hope they find the courage and compassion to come forward.

I pray the Katnick family will locate Leslie someday and get the peace and closure they deserve. I lived in Halifax during the late 90's and I know the city very well. I recently wrote an article in my blog about a number of unsolved cases in the Halifax area. Leslie's disappearance was among those featured... for some reason her story and the Kimberly McAndew dissappearnce affected me a little more than the others. Perhaps because they were never found. Someone out there knows something that can solve this mystery .. I hope they find the courage and compassion to come forward.

Welcome to Ws Scarlet24, thanks for chiming in!
This thread may also be of interest to you.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?240453-48-unsolved-homicides-missing-in-Halifax-Nova-Scotia
[h=2]48 unsolved homicides/missing in Halifax,Nova Scotia[/h]

https://novascotia.ca/just/public_safety/rewards/case_detail.asp?cid=31
[h=1]Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes[/h]
[h=2]Leslie Anne KATNICK[/h]
LeslieKatnick.jpg

Missing Person
DOB: 30/08/1966

The Government of the Province of Nova Scotia is offering rewards of up to one hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($150,000) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Leslie Anne KATNICK.

On November 4, 1991, Montreal Police received a complaint from Mr. Katnick, who reported that his daughter, Leslie Anne Katnick, was missing. Leslie Katnick had been residing at 3407 Rosedale Street, Montreal, Quebec, until November 1, 1991, which was the last time she was seen by either friends or family.

The investigation revealed that Leslie Katnick registered into the Halifax YMCA on November 2, 1991, for several nights and returned the key on November 4, 1991. Ms. Katnick’s banking card was also used on November 2, 1991, in Halifax. No further information has surfaced with respect to the whereabouts of Leslie Katnick, and the circumstances of her disappearance are suspicious, and foul play may be involved. Police believe there are persons who have information that could result in an arrest and possible charges.
Any person with information regarding the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Leslie Anne KATNICK should call the Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program at 1-888-710-9090.

The reward is payable in Canadian funds and will be apportioned as deemed just by the Minister of Justice for the Province of Nova Scotia. Employees of law enforcement and correctional agencies are not eligible to collect this reward.

Bumping for Leslie..
Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes | novascotia.ca
Leslie Anne KATNICK
LeslieKatnick.jpg

Missing Person
DOB: 30/08/1966

The Government of the Province of Nova Scotia is offering rewards of up to one hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($150,000) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Leslie Anne KATNICK.

On November 4, 1991, Montreal Police received a complaint from Mr. Katnick, who reported that his daughter, Leslie Anne Katnick, was missing. Leslie Katnick had been residing at 3407 Rosedale Street, Montreal, Quebec, until November 1, 1991, which was the last time she was seen by either friends or family.

The investigation revealed that Leslie Katnick registered into the Halifax YMCA on November 2, 1991, for several nights and returned the key on November 4, 1991. Ms. Katnick’s banking card was also used on November 2, 1991, in Halifax. No further information has surfaced with respect to the whereabouts of Leslie Katnick, and the circumstances of her disappearance are suspicious, and foul play may be involved. Police believe there are persons who have information that could result in an arrest and possible charges.

Any person with information regarding the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Leslie Anne KATNICK should call the Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program at 1-888-710-9090.

The reward is payable in Canadian funds and will be apportioned as deemed just by the Minister of Justice for the Province of Nova Scotia. Employees of law enforcement and correctional agencies are not eligible to collect this reward.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back