SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Woman missing since August found 'chained like a dog,' sheriff says

12402768_G.jpg

link

A woman reported missing in August along with her boyfriend has been found held captive "chained like a dog" since her disappearance, the sheriff said, and a registered sex offender has been arrested in connection with the investigation.

KB, 30, and Charlie Carver, 32, of Anderson County, were reported missing Aug. 31.

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said deputies found KB Thursday morning on a property on Wofford Road in Spartanburg County where she had been held against her will.

Deputies were searching the property when they heard KB banging from inside a metal storage container. Wright said that information from a sex crime investigator led them to the property.

Case Map via Skibaboo

Thread #1

1986 Maricopa County Psychological Evaluation
1987 Presentence investigation report
1987 Letter from mother asking for leniency
1987 Psychiatric evaluation, Madison Street Jail
1987 Criminal prosecution recommendation
sourced from: http://www.wyff4.com/article/suspec...eply-troubled-past-court-records-show/8243951

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1655071874822626&id=100009594893372&pnref=story
Read the comment he made referring to the peacocks, I don't think Charlie is alive.

I know, my stomach sank after I read this. I have zero hope for Charlie unfortunately.

In case anyone missed this, I'll paraphrase. On one of his posts TK mentions that he hates birds,
a friend posted back that peacocks are cool. Tk's response was "the only c**k on this property is mine".

I sort of get the impression that he would get off on killing a guy and "taking what was his". Especially considering the ruse he used to commit his juvenile rape
(tricking a girl into thinking her ex boyfriend wanted to talk to her).

Oh my word, that's a damning report indeed! This guy should have been on some sort of list, I wonder when he was signed off by pychs. Crazy (both him and the situation)
To be honest (and not to say this guy is not sick, awful and preveted), but I was researching another case using Justia, which only lists appellate courts published cases (many others are unpublished and these are ONLY review courts) and there are hundreds like him. Reading through those cases, it is so scary to know who lives among us and the sick things they do to people.

The world is a VERY disturbing place sadly.

Just catching up.
This is local for me, about a 20 min drive south. Chilling to say the least, especially with the new serial killer show coming on A&E?

Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in cases that we forget that LE doesn't have to tell us anything and frankly, probably shouldn't. We still have very, very little info to go on and no idea what info they had at any given time. I'm not saying that they didn't make mistakes or miss the importance of some stuff but I think it's harsh for us to sit here and criticize them when we know next to nothing. This is a terrible situation with a better outcome than most expected and it may be years, if ever, before we possibly get any answers at a trial. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

with respect it won't be a "better outcome than expected" unless Charlie is found alive, praying for him.

with respect it won't be a "better outcome than expected" unless Charlie is found alive, praying for him.

I think most people didn't even expect to find one of them alive.

I'm still reeling in shock......

I'm very pro LE and have followed plenty of cases on here and elsewhere to know full well that it isn't like an episode of Criminal Minds, but I have seen
couples missing before and their phones were pinged almost asap. Not hard to get a warrant when the couple is missing in their car, they could have gone off road anywhere, like a lot of us thought.
They've pinged phones fast enough to save people in those instances so I'm left wondering why this poor girl was left in a crate for 2 months.
V
Just off a 2 second google search I could find a couple missing late Fri/early Sat and they had their phone pings by the following Wed. The dog left behind unattended to should have been a clue
they didn't just run off to start a new life, gosh, they had just started a new life together. IMO there was no reason that girl had to suffer that long.

I have a question maybe you can answer.
Did they (LE) say pings from their phones. Or were they checking someone else's pings(TCK)s phone pings?
I thought there were 2 seperate LE agencies there investigating 2 different cases.

I have a question maybe you can answer.
Did they (LE) say pings from their phones. Or were they checking someone else's pings(TCK)s phone pings?
I thought there were 2 seperate LE agencies there investigating 2 different cases.

No I believe it was two separate LE agencies investigating one case together. Joint case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The profile picture was changed last night on Charlie David's page, and he purportedly made a comment on that picture. However, a couple of people said he wouldn't make a comment like that. So, if it was hacked, it was last night.

I think we know why now.

No I believe it was two separate LE agencies investigating one case together. Joint case

Ahh ok now do we have any idea who's phone they were pinging.
I'm beginning to think it was the pervs.

This poor woman surely had a guardian angel protecting her!

there was a fb post, can't find it now but a ways down(edit, august 2015)- where he talks about a tenant (woman, as he uses "she") and how she didn't pay her rent so she has no right to privacy- very bizarre i hope they question, check with past tenants. also, august 31st.
"Its wednesday, the trash people picked up my trash at 5:30 this morning... this post is still way more interesting than whats on the news.. carry on."
seems very telling. as if he is playing with the fact that something was in the trash :)() and that it was information he knew that others didn't - like he got one over on the others, he is smarter or whatnot. he seems a pretty sick person. and i have a feeling there is a lot to analyze in the fb.
Does anyone know the last time they had contacted anyone? The trash post was posted 8am 8/31. For some reason I thought it was late that night they went missing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the last time they had contacted anyone? The trash post was posted 8am 8/31. For some reason I thought it was late that night they went missing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm also curious about that; when was her "are you awake" text to her friend sent?

Just saw the news this morning about this. OMG

I knew WS would pull through and have a thread already for this news I heard this morning. I cannot believe this monster kept her locked in that shed.

We have seen other cases that are similar and I cannot believe there is such evil persons that could do such a thing. She is really lucky LE found her.

Went through this guys whole timeline last night. Recurring themes: "Nothing on the news", The mail coming, and taking out the trash. Odd.

To be honest (and not to say this guy is not sick, awful and preveted), but I was researching another case using Justia, which only lists appellate courts published cases (many others are unpublished and these are ONLY review courts) and there are hundreds like him. Reading through those cases, it is so scary to know who lives among us and the sick things they do to people.

The world is a VERY disturbing place sadly.

Totally agree. Most of us cannot even comprehend how another human would do such a thing to another.

This is a cautious tale and I do think this is how some people fall victims to people like this is that we dont believe that people can be so monstrous so we let our guard down a little too much and then they pounce.

Let me give a good example of what I mean. I was parked in a convenience store last summer and I noticed there was a guy that looked like he was up to no good standing around near the front door. I was getting gasoline and this person didnt seem like he was doing much of anything so it raised my suspicioun. The kicker was there was all these other people around so I wasnt too worried.

But then it hit me that some people dont care if others are around and will try to rob someone in broad daylight right in front of others. The next thing I know this person starts walking right towards me. So my hinky meter goes off and I decide to get in my car and lock my door even though gas pump was still in the tank. When this guy gets near my car he realizes my windows are up and door locked and so he just kind of walks the other way and heads away from the store on foot.

I am convinced he may have been either going to ask for money or try to rob either me or someone else and if I had not gotten in my car then I am sure he would have either asked for money or tried to do a robbery.

We all need to be very aware that there are monsters out there and they will do things in broad daylight in front of others. They go under the radar because normal folks dont expect there are monsters in our midst that are capable of this sort of thing.

Totally agree. Most of us cannot even comprehend how another human would do such a thing to another.

This is a cautious tale and I do think this is how some people fall victims to people like this is that we dont believe that people can be so monstrous so we let our guard down a little too much and then they pounce.

Let me give a good example of what I mean. I was parked in a convenience store last summer and I noticed there was a guy that looked like he was up to no good standing around near the front door. I was getting gasoline and this person didnt seem like he was doing much of anything so it raised my suspicioun. The kicker was there was all these other people around so I wasnt too worried.

But then it hit me that some people dont care if others are around and will try to rob someone in broad daylight right in front of others. The next thing I know this person starts walking right towards me. So my hinky meter goes off and I decide to get in my car and lock my door even though gas pump was still in the tank. When this guy gets near my car he realizes my windows are up and door locked and so he just kind of walks the other way and heads away from the store on foot.

I am convinced he may have been either going to ask for money or try to rob either me or someone else and if I had not gotten in my car then I am sure he would have either asked for money or tried to do a robbery.

We all need to be very aware that there are monsters out there and they will do things in broad daylight in front of others. They go under the radar because normal folks dont expect there are monsters in our midst that are capable of this sort of thing.
There was a book years ago called "gift of fear". its an interesting read. kind of what you just described. I am glad you listened to that inner voice. Nobody understands the body language of a human better than a human. we just often tell ourselves, oh don't be silly. well be silly and listen. This case seems headed for possible high body count. Maybe we should start a thread dedicated to this "kidnapper." we might want to track his movements and missing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246